Okay guys, I have a small problem. Just got the 600 last week, and over the last two days have been trying to work out the ins and outs of messaging and email. (I realized immediately that PCS Mail was a goner.)

But, in the meantime, I have a funny thing happening. Most of the time when I get an email, and go to read it, I can with no problem.

But, other times, the phone comes back and asks me for a User ID and password (which is showing as unassigned.)

What friggin' User ID are they looking for? I've tried to enter my Sprint log in name. No go. I've entered my login name on the Sprint PCS account. No go.

What is even more annoying is that then, after awhile, I can again access the messaging area with no problem and read the messages that are there, without the phone asking me to log in. This makes no sense.

Can someone help me with this? What User ID are they looking for?

Better yet, how do I get rid of it? In other words, will this silly on-again, off-again log in business continue if I load a new email software package on the phone? Or will it just go away as part of the Sprint PCS mail package?

Or is my phone just nuts?