1.    #1  
    Arrggghh...

I am new to Palm OS with the Treo 600. Seems pretty cool but no matter what I do with the Calendar I can not get the Alarm to ring after the unit goes into Stdby.... Kinda' useless. I even tried WorldMate Pro's Alarm which seems to turn on the screen and display "ALARM" but no audio!. The 600 just waits for me to push the keyguard to unlock the sceen and THEN the Alarm audio comes on.
    What's the point....if I am asleep and want the alarm to wake me how I am going to see the screen..... Do I have a hardware problem or am I really missing something here.... I did turn all the volume's up in the PREF's SOUND settings.

Mabbee I should just go back to my old mobile phone.... seemed to do such a basic function so well..
    Try Bob's Alarm
    The problem is the worldmate software. I have several alarm clocks that seem to work great on the Treo. It seems all the older ones work fine. Try Palmgear.com and look for some free clocks
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  4. KBS
    When I need an alarm, I enter an appointment in the calendar and set an alarm. It goes off even when the phone is in standby mode. Worked for my nap yesterday!
  5.    #5  
    Found the problem.... when you create an Appointment in Calendar with an Alarm you must type some text as a placeholder for the appointment.

This explains why the Calendar alarm worked sometimes and not others.

Now I just type one letter and the Calendar saves the appointment and the Alarm setting.....
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by rhpilot
    Found the problem.... when you create an Appointment in Calendar with an Alarm you must type some text as a placeholder for the appointment.

This explains why the Calendar alarm worked sometimes and not others.

Now I just type one letter and the Calendar saves the appointment and the Alarm setting.....
    Right. Otherwise the "appointment" doesn't get saved. If you want more clock features, and/or don't want to clutter your calendar with wake-up calls, try MegaClock. It's excellent. Works great on the 600.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks... I'll try it if I can get the darn phone to allow me to pick up incoming calls from unknown numbers.

I posted another thread to see if anyone else had this problem.

Tried all the settings, call barring is off. Even had Singtel check the line and reset... they said it is common with the Treo.

I can't believe this is common, what kind of phone does not allow you to pick up a phone call when it rings.

Good thing all the missed calls went to voicemail. I'm back on my old Ericsson.

Anyway thanks for the help.... This Treo and Palm may be too much trouble.

I am going back to the phone and pocket pc.
    Hey dude... Seriously, take the advice above and download Bob's Alarm from any of the Palm sites (Handango, etc.) and give it a try. I've even packed away my alarm clock and only use the phone now. It's awsome, and well worth the chump change he charges for it.

Give it a try - I'm sure you'll like it. Very cool program.
    Scott
    RHPilot, your alarm problem is part of a well-known larger problem w/ the Treo's "game sounds". It seems that the program you are using, whether it's a game or an alarm program, must be written to use OS5 sounds. All the older programs that don't will have problems w/ their sounds turning off. Look for an alarm program that either uses OS5 sounds, or lets you use MIDI or MP3 alarms. Bob's alarm is one example of an alarm-clock that works with the Treo600.