Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    I like the keyboard, but as an old palm user, I got really used to the Grafitti, and I think in certain instances I could get my job done much faster if I had Grafitti.

    Does the Treo have grafitti hidden somewhere (as I saw some sort of grafitti related records when you call up the info screen). If not, can you guys recommend some third party apps for grafitti?

    Thanks
    May the G4ce be with you
  2. #2  
    there is a shareware software out there called graffiti anywhere, it works well but be aware that it uses the 2ng generation graffiti which I dont find as easy to use as the original.

    Cheers,
    Dean
    p.s. do a search, this question has been asked and answered many times. you'll also find a link to graffitianywhere and also a link I posted to the alphabet for 2nd gen graffiti.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by deanc
    there is a shareware software out there called graffiti anywhere, it works well but be aware that it uses the 2ng generation graffiti which I dont find as easy to use as the original.
    Thank you for your post!
    May the G4ce be with you
  4. #4  
    I did this and the old grafitti works great. I liked it better than the the grafitti 2.

    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=5830
  5. randyg's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    #5  
    i don't see these files on my 180g. can someone post them? i checked the ROM box and still only two Grafitti files show up, but not the ones listed on that site.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  6. randyg's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    #6  
    Originally posted by randyg
    i don't see these files on my 180g. can someone post them? i checked the ROM box and still only two Grafitti files show up, but not the ones listed on that site.
    never mind, i found them online myself, now if i just had a 600 to try it on.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by jayzee
    I did this and the old grafitti works great. I liked it better than the the grafitti 2.

    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=5830

    You did this on a Treo?
    How would this work, the Treo doesn't have a Grafitti area. Is there a way to use Grafitti Anywhere with the Grafitti 1 library?
  8. #8  
    hey jayzee, how does this work with out a grafitti area?
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by caseyatbt



    You did this on a Treo?
    How would this work, the Treo doesn't have a Grafitti area. Is there a way to use Grafitti Anywhere with the Grafitti 1 library?
    You don't need a static graffiti area anymore. You can write script anywhere on the screen...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by randyg


    never mind, i found them online myself, now if i just had a 600 to try it on.
    If you found them online, please post them or a link, Thanks...
  11. #11  
    I write directly on the screen with a free app called newpen. There are times when the keyboard is better and times when grafitti is better for me.
  12. randyg's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    #12  
    http://www.zansstuff.com/requests.html

    it's under "Replace Graffiti 2 with Graffiti 1 (Graffiti1.zip)"
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by randyg
    http://www.zansstuff.com/requests.html

    it's under "Replace Graffiti 2 with Graffiti 1 (Graffiti1.zip)"
    What does this go with? NewPen? Graffiti Anywhere? It's all out of context now.
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by Alli


    What does this go with? NewPen? Graffiti Anywhere? It's all out of context now.
    It's a link from where you can download the classic graffiti files in order to replace the G2 libraries on the Treo600... Also, don't even bother with NEwpen IMO... GA is sooo much better!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  15. #15  
    So lemme just get this straight. I install GA, then this Replace G2 file? Or is the Replace G2 stand alone?
  16. #16  
    oh man is that awesome.... I missed my old G1. Any this is soooo much faster than the IIIe I used to have.

    If you follow the directions EXACTLY in the readme file that comes with the graffiti1.zip, you WILL have success. It took me all of 5 minutes to do.

    To tell you the truth, although I do love the keyboard, I can write graffiti 1 a lot faster than I can type with my thumbs. I bought one of the external keyboards but I found it cumbersome to enter data then change fields with the stylus (I'm using ACT! for Palm). It's on ebay right now for someone to enjoy.

    Also, thanks whoever said Graffiti Anywhere was better than NewPen. I could barely get NewPen to work anyway... Plus there was a file left over that I was unable to delete until after the soft reset needed to make the g1 hack work.
  17. #17  
    Originally posted by randyg
    http://www.zansstuff.com/requests.html

    it's under "Replace Graffiti 2 with Graffiti 1 (Graffiti1.zip)"
    Thank you so much for the link.. I will forever be gratefull to you
  18. #18  
    Originally posted by Scorpiusss
    I like the keyboard, but as an old palm user, I got really used to the Grafitti, and I think in certain instances I could get my job done much faster if I had Grafitti.

    Does the Treo have grafitti hidden somewhere (as I saw some sort of grafitti related records when you call up the info screen). If not, can you guys recommend some third party apps for grafitti?

    Thanks
    Palm would probably prefer that you use TealScript.

    http://www.tealpoint.com/softscrp.htm

Posting Permissions