1.    #1  
    We bought a Treo 90 a couple months ago and the flip cover has broken. I've tried various sources to find a replacement but have had no luck so far. Is there anywhere that we can find a replacement cover? I've tried Handspring (aka palmOne), ebay, etc. no luck. The person in customer support from palmOne was sympathetic but not helpful. Isn't a vendor supposed to stock replacement parts for some reasonable period of time? There are plenty of vendors out there still selling this PDA.

--bob
    They don't sell because this is a built-in part. Have your Treo 90 repaired or you waist your time in finding a replacment.

Bump
    I have not seen the Treo 90 flip covers for sale but try contacting www.performancepda.com. They sell Treo 180/270/300 covers. I bought and installed one on a Treo 300.

Now, another consideration and not what you were asking but... You can buy a used Treo 300 on eBay for close to $50. The replacement flip cover cost me about $35. (if I remember correctly). I can almost buy a replacement device cheaper than repairing the original and if you were looking for a used 90 or even a newer 180,270 or 300 it would not be very expensive.

I do not know about the 90 but on the 300 you have to take the whole phone apart to replace the lid, primarily because you have to feed the wires for the earpiece into the case. On the 300 the right side of the hinge is spring loaded so you slip the left into place (with wires fed through) then you use a knife or small screwdriver to hold the spring loaded piece on the right in until you slip it over the hole it slips into. You have to be careful to orient it correctly as there is a spring loaded piece in hinge that locks in place. If you put the lid on wrong it will lock in the open position then when you try to open it, you could break the hinge again.

I did a quick search on eBay and could not find Treo 90 flip lids but you can buy used devices. There seem to be a LOT of them missing their lids though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Congdon
    We bought a Treo 90 a couple months ago and the flip cover has broken. I've tried various sources to find a replacement but have had no luck so far. Is there anywhere that we can find a replacement cover? I've tried Handspring (aka palmOne), ebay, etc. no luck. The person in customer support from palmOne was sympathetic but not helpful. Isn't a vendor supposed to stock replacement parts for some reasonable period of time? There are plenty of vendors out there still selling this PDA.

--bob