Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by skidoo
    I have a Treo300 in my hand. It clearly allows me to assign a unique ringtone to each speed dial button. WITHOUT TCRinger installed! Doh!
    Then i stand corrected! You will notice however that i never used a 300, i don't have Sprint. I had/have a 180g, also, in addition to the new 600 (i've found i have to clarify for you). Perhaps the 300 has this functionality, the 180g does not.

The fact still remains that there is apparently no third-party ringtone manager that works with the 600, at least not that anyone here has been able to come up with. The built in manager allows only the capability to assign ringtones to favorites, and not to contacts that are not in a favorite.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by randyg

Then i stand corrected! You will notice however that i never used a 300, i don't have Sprint. I had/have a 180g, also, in addition to the new 600 (i've found i have to clarify for you). Perhaps the 300 has this functionality, the 180g does not.
    So your comment...
    ...but the previous treo models would not allow you to set a specific ring to a specific "favorite" or "speed dial button" as it was called.
    ...Is in fact, patently false.

The fact still remains that there is apparently no third-party ringtone manager that works with the 600
    Because there's no need for one. If you can't stand to use up one of the FIFTY available speed dial buttons so you can get a custom jingle when your Trekkie friend calls, then write a program yourself.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    jeese buddy...pissy much? if you don't have an answer for this post, then don't respond ok? you just keep saying the same crap over and over, so take a hike. Let's hear from someone that has an answer here!! It really is none of your business WHY i'm looking for a ringtone manager, and your comments concerning that matter are useless.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    I have used the Ringtone manager and have deleted Ringtones but how the heck do you add Ringtones? I have downloaded a ton of midi files but I have no way of using the Treo's ringtone manager to add them.

Please enlighten me. Thanks.
  5.    #25  
    Originally posted by sharksfan
    I have used the Ringtone manager and have deleted Ringtones but how the heck do you add Ringtones? I have downloaded a ton of midi files but I have no way of using the Treo's ringtone manager to add them.

Please enlighten me. Thanks.
    When I download them to my Treo 600, they appear automatically in the list. Have you checked there?

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Originally posted by randyg
    jeese buddy...pissy much? if you don't have an answer for this post, then don't respond ok? you just keep saying the same crap over and over, so take a hike. Let's hear from someone that has an answer here!! It really is none of your business WHY i'm looking for a ringtone manager, and your comments concerning that matter are useless.
    non productive part of my message: I agree. A lot of people take out their ineptitude in life by acting like aholes on discussion board. I guess it's best to ignore them (skidoo), but I can't help but constantly remind them especially since they don't have the guts to act like that face to face.

productive part: I think another feature that people are looking for is the ability for profiles. That way with one selection you can have ringtones and sound volume for inside, outside, in a library, etc.
    Last edited by Lakers0340; 12/20/2003 at 02:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Lakers0340
    That way with one selection you can have ringtones and sound volume for inside, outside, in a library....
    ...On a mountain side, in a festhaus, on the operating table, under water, flying in your glider . Sorry if I seem a little skeptical of your "needs." Nothing personal. I just call it like I see it. In this case, I call it silly. But that's just my opinion. The hundreds of other people who've weighed in on this topic might.... Oh wait, nevermind.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    And regarding the notion that detractors of silly ideas should just "take a hike," I say pooh. We all have a vested interest in affecting the engineering direction of PalmOne to the extent that we can. I would hate to see them forego the development of a new truly useful feature for something I consider a gratuitous waste.
    The main problem with assigning ringtones through the built in favorites manager is that the ringtone only becomes associated with the particular phone number entered - and not the person whose number is. So, if someone I know has a cell phone, office number and home number then I have to add that person three times into favorites with the same ringtone to make sure it is played everytime that person calls regardless of which number it is from. So if I'm dating 3 girls and don't want to mix them up on the phone (a good idea) I have to build 9 entries for them alone. And that's not even including entries for my friends or business contacts! As you can see that is a lot of favorites to build, which can add up to 50 pretty quickly. While this is not a problem for other posters who can't even think of 10 PEOPLE who would want to call them, let alone 3 girls, it is a big problem for me.

Where are you TCRinger600?!? We NEED you!
  10.    #30  
    Originally posted by Bob-C
    The main problem with assigning ringtones through the built in favorites manager is that the ringtone only becomes associated with the particular phone number entered - and not the person whose number is. So, if someone I know has a cell phone, office number and home number then I have to add that person three times into favorites with the same ringtone to make sure it is played everytime that person calls regardless of which number it is from. So if I'm dating 3 girls and don't want to mix them up on the phone (a good idea) I have to build 9 entries for them alone. And that's not even including entries for my friends or business contacts! As you can see that is a lot of favorites to build, which can add up to 50 pretty quickly. While this is not a problem for other posters who can't even think of 10 PEOPLE who would want to call them, let alone 3 girls, it is a big problem for me.

Where are you TCRinger600?!? We NEED you!
    Calm down - the demo is right here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treo/files/

(You may need to join that group to access it.)

And good luck with all those women! Just curious - Do you make them wear distinctive bells around their necks before approaching you in public places?

Might be a good idea.

Regards,

NateS
    Thanks for the link. I'll try it out.

As for your question, I like the bells idea but I don't think I can get it to fly. I do have two key points I've learned though. The first is to avoid using their names whenever possible and just call them babe or sweetie or honey. That still doesn't solve mixing their identities up though (i.e. "What did you end up getting your brother for XMAS?" "I don't HAVE a brother!") Can TC ringer be modified to also bring up the Notes section of the contact when they call? The second is to never date multiple girls if one lives in your building. Trust me.
    Originally posted by NateS

Calm down - the demo is right here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treo/files/

(You may need to join that group to access it.)

NateS
    Thanks indeed for that link! Also, any word on when the official release of TCRingerTreo600 will be?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  13.    #33  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Thanks indeed for that link! Also, any word on when the official release of TCRingerTreo600 will be?
    Your guess is as good as mine, but if I hear first, I will post that fact here.

Regards,

NateS
    I tried the beta and cannot copy from the internal database to the System MIDI database. I wanted to add some alarms to the System MIDI DB because I have a few older programs that will only select alarms from the System MIDI DB. Is this because I TCRinger is still in beta? The version I have is 1.0.8 and I am running on the Sprint 600.

Thanks,

Bob
    Originally posted by skidoo
    And aren't we in the "Treo 600 Hardware" forum??
    Well ringtones do play on the Treo 600 speaker.
    im looking for a software that can select a PIEZO speaker sound for all the default ringtone... any ideas ?

coz i like loud beeps thats catchy
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12