Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm curious to see if anyone has experience with the "Reason Products" "Unleash" wireless headset. Supposedly, it's a lot like the Jabra BT headsets, except it works on magnetic induction vs. BT. Oh - and it's $69 instead of $179... The website says it works with the Treo 600 without an adapter.

Thx!
  2.    #2  
    Oops - here's the website (no affiliation, blah, blah, blah): http://reasonproducts.com/unleash/
    Mine should be here tomorrow. I'll provide a report.
    please do i would like to try this too, take care jay
    Do you guys realize that this is just like the bluetootn headsets for non bluetooth phones. You have some annoying little box you have to connect to the phone & a separate headset. Why on earth would you think this is better than a bluetooth headset? It may be a little cheaper.
    Originally posted by ksmith80209
    I'm curious to see if anyone has experience with the "Reason Products" "Unleash" wireless headset. Supposedly, it's a lot like the Jabra BT headsets, except it works on magnetic induction vs. BT. Oh - and it's $69 instead of $179... The website says it works with the Treo 600 without an adapter.

Thx!
    Check this thread out. There's some good info in there about this product and others like it. http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t44057/s.html

RichS - Real interested to read your review.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I have the fonegear headset and it works great. I especially like the cordless charging. It uses 1-AA battery in the docking cradle. I find that I get about 2.5 hours of talk time and I agree with their claim that one battery supplies 25 hours of talk time.

http://www.fonegear.com/
    Originally posted by treoneo
    Do you guys realize that this is just like the bluetootn headsets for non bluetooth phones.
    Yes.
    You have some annoying little box you have to connect to the phone & a separate headset.
    Box is less than 1.5" square and less than a quarter inch thick. Tucks right into the case, unlike the Jabra 2.25x2x1.25 clunker that truly is an "annoying little box".
    Why on earth would you think this is better than a bluetooth headset? It may be a little cheaper.
    Hmmm - half the price, transmitter that is 1/12th the size, 60% longer claimed stand-by time, no RF plugged in my ear, more comfortable, more adjustable, less dorky looking, IMHO. I think that about does it.
    well alright. i'd by that for a dollar. let me know how it works out!
    Originally posted by RichS
    less dorky looking, IMHO
    That capital "O" being the important part in this statement.
    Mine should be here tomorrow. I'll provide a report.
    Please do. Very interested in this headset.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I tried thisą
    Originally posted by garyt01
    I tried thisą
    Wow. And?

RichS, review!!!

I am interested in these headsets until Bluetooth is available and this one doesn't look retarded, which the Jabra one does.
    Apparently USPS 2-3 day Priority Mail is either 4 days or doesn't include Saturday. It's probably sitting in my mailbox at home, 2000 miles away from my current client site. I'll check in when I'm home Friday.

Rats!!
    Well, I ordered one anyway. Lets see how fast it gets here. Hopefully before I take my trip home.
    Apparently USPS 2-3 day Priority Mail is either 4 days or doesn't include Saturday. It's probably sitting in my mailbox at home, 2000 miles away from my current client site. I'll check in when I'm home Friday.

Rats!!
    Got mine the other day. I've only been able to use it a couple of times.

First impressions:
    -Just a minor adjustment to the style, for me (I wear glasses and most of the time a hat as well), and everything seems VERY satisfactory.
    -Extremely light and unobtrusive. Have to keep remembering that I have it on.
    -Voice Mike quality is very good. Better than the handset.
    -Ear Speaker is clear and sharp. Again, better than the handset.
    -One press of the button on the headset will hang-up the call and another press will turn the T600 screen off.
    -Haven't received a call yet, with the headset on, but expect that the headset button will answer calls as well.
    -No experience in noisy or backround noise environments yet. Expect these types of experiences over the next week.
    -The base is infinitesimal in weight and size. But, disappointed there is no clip. Right now, it just hangs there. What to do with it? Haven't got creative yet.
    -Charging case is very well designed. Both the base and headset are well protected. Easy in - Easy out. No worries when not in use.

I'll post updates, but looks quite acceptable for now. Zero complaints. Looks like a keeper!

(Sorry RichS, didn't mean to beat you out) But, couldn't wait
    Thanks for the review Blue Merlin. I ordered one on Sunday.

A question though, can the adapter box fit in the case that was included with the treo. If not what do you do with the adapter (Just let it dangle there). I usually keep my treo in the case that came with the unit and in my front pocket.

A clip on the adapter for the belt sure sounds like it would be nice.

Let me know how you handle it blue merlin?

thanks,
    Palm Professional -> Palm III-> Sprint Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Sprint Handspring Treo 300 -> Sprint Handspring Treo 600 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p
    So any updates here on user experiences? I would really like to read a comparison between the Unleash and fonGear headsets? Which one is better? Also, is anyone using one of these with Sprint voice command and it is compatible? I would like to be able to automatically use dial via Treohelpers's hands free button press and I was wondering if this was possible with either one of these headsets? TIA...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I got my headset a few days ago. This headset is awesome. It is very light weight and works exactly as described.

Yes it does work with Treo Helper and the headset button to dial voice command.

In comparison with the Fongear I think the unleash headset is ahead of the game.

First off the unleash has a longer usage time 4 hours I believe and a longer stand bye time 1 week.

The case for the ear piece and base is very protective like a hard shell sun glass case. It has 4 AA batteries so it can take a longer charge.

The Fon gear case isn't a case it appears from the website but simply a hook in base for the ear piece to charge. It doesn't protect the unit at all. It also only takes 1 battery so hence the charge isn't as long.

The only downside I can find to the unleash is the base that plugs into the treo doesn't have a belt clip to use. So it just dangles there next the the phone (in my case in my pocket).

Overall I think the unleash is an awesome product and probably the best wireless headset for lightweight usage with the best features at the best price ($69).

Overall an awesome product, just developers maybe add a belt clip.

Works like a charm. This appears much less bulky than the jabra free speak.

Blue tooth and the jabra are sunk with this unleash product.

(no co. affliation just a happy user)
    Palm Professional -> Palm III-> Sprint Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Sprint Handspring Treo 300 -> Sprint Handspring Treo 600 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p
    Sounds like a great headset! Does it have a mute button (or a way to accomplish this without a mute button)?

Thanks.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast