Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    I have had an Unleash headset for sometime now (got in on their Betaish program). I like it a lot. I have added velcro to the dongle do that it attached to my Treo FormFit case. That way I can leave it clipped to my belt and talk on the phone. The sound quality is great. I have not experience as long battery life as some people here have mentioned, but I like the easy charging in the case (the headset and dongle both clip into the case and charge with four AA batteries).

No mute, but a nice answer button. One Cavet, I did not have great luck with this headset on my Treo 180 with an adapter, but on the Treo 600 it works like a champ.

David
    FYI, I bought the Jabra non-bluetooth wireless headset at a $100+.

Sound quality on the other end is, according to my friend, not ready for prime time.

Usability on originating end -- same.

Piece 'o crap, imo.
    When I go to their website I see the price is $99. Did I miss the $69 deal?

Originally posted by ksmith80209
    I'm curious to see if anyone has experience with the "Reason Products" "Unleash" wireless headset. Supposedly, it's a lot like the Jabra BT headsets, except it works on magnetic induction vs. BT. Oh - and it's $69 instead of $179... The website says it works with the Treo 600 without an adapter.

Thx!
    No, you didn't miss the deal (not yet anyway). Just click on "Buy Now" for the Unleash product on their web site and you should see the $69 price.

I just ordered mine.
    I'm very interested in the piece of velcro you but on the dongle that plugs into the treo.

Can you include a photo of where you put it perhaps or describe it in greater detail.

Also are you using the treo 600 case that came with the treo or some other after market case?

I am using the treo 600 included case and am looking for a solution to work with that case.

Thanks
    Palm Professional -> Palm III-> Sprint Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Sprint Handspring Treo 300 -> Sprint Handspring Treo 600 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    The case I am using is one I orded from Handspring, they call it the Treo FormFit case. It has a belt clip and the screen and keyboard are behind a plastic front.

I have included two pict of the velcro (taken with my Treo). The dongle seems to have a little resesed spot designed for the velcro. The second piece is on the back of the FormFit case so that the 'lip' of the dongle hangs over the side of the case. The connector then plugs gracefully into the botton of the phone. I needed to expand the hole in the formfit case a bit for the connector to fit well.

Hope this helps, let me know if I can provide anymore information.

-d
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Here is the second pict - couldn't figure out how to attach more than one to a message...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    By the way - I just found the email they sent me on the special price. Here it is...

We are introducing our most important product ever! We call it Unleash! It's success is critical to our company's future. Your assistance in helping us expose it to the masses via email is appreciated. After analyzing Unleash, Forrester Research estimated that Unleash could win significant market share. Unleash will be sold at stores in 2004 for $99. Through the end of 2003, we are offering friends and family a kick off price of only $69.00! If you could pass this on to as many of your friends, family and contacts as possible, I know they will be appreciative. Please read below to learn more. Any feedback you have regarding Unleash, our website or our little dog would be valued!

David
    p.s. I do not work for them, nor do I even know anyone who works for them, I just like the product.
    I am having two consistent problems.
    1) The headset and base repeatedly do not pair properly. When this happens, people still hear me, although it sounds like a very bad connection and both parties keep cutting out. Putting the headset on and hearing static is a reliable indicator of the pairing problem. Itís useless when Iím driving because one has to put both units back in the case to reset them.
    2) The units (Base and Headset) do not accept a charge properly. The case lights indicate a full charge and the product is usable, but only for 10 minutes or so, then I get the low battery warning beeps. If I continue to use the headset, reception starts cutting out and then the call is disconnected.

Iíve also learned not to let the base dangle in my 4Runner when my Treo 600 is on the vent mount. It swings around with the vehicle motion and I get the out-of-range warnings. Even though the base is less than 3 feet away, the swinging action obviously distorts the communications bubble.

Due to the above problems, the only noisy environment experience Iíve had is in my 4Runner at expressway speeds. Although background noise is heard by the other party, it doesnít override my voice or distort clarity. During this test, I deliberately used a low voice. I didnít whisper, but I didnít raise my voice either, like so many cell phone users do.

Iíve asked for a replacement. Being a new product and all, Iím hoping I just got a dud. When it works, itís an awesome product.
    I too have noticed that the base dongle if it moves in a certain position I get static.

I think a piece of velcro may solve this problem.

I haven't had battery issues, maybe yours has trouble.

If you talk to them, mention the possible addition of a belt clip for the dongle this may solve all of our problems and prevent movement of the dongle and static or beeps of out of range.

I realize that the continual use of the word dongle is somewhat humorous and could be construed as an inuendo.

Not sure how else to describe it other than a dongle.
    Palm Professional -> Palm III-> Sprint Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Sprint Handspring Treo 300 -> Sprint Handspring Treo 600 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p
    Just got this reply from Reason Product Support.
    "Thank you for your purchase and I apologize for the issue you are having.

Obviously the performance you are seeing is not satisfactory. Your message indicated that you would like to have your unit replaced. Our returns administrator is out until Monday Jan 5th at which time we can issue an RMA and get a new unit out to you.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience in this matter."

Is it worth the wait? I just have to wonder about a company that can't cover for employees on holiday. What else can't they do?
    The unleash product is very comfortable to wear I've had it on now for like 3 hours and I hardly realize I'm wearing it.

The fongear product doesn't look as comfortable as the unleash.

The jabra headset doesn't look as comfortable costs twice as much and we've heard doesn't sound as good.

I know we live in the days of instant technology but I for one love this product and think it is worth the wait.

Unleash lover (not company affliated just happy user).
    Have you used the Unleash headset with your Treo 300 (if you still have it)? I'd like to know if the included adapter lets the answer/end button work with the 300.

Thanks! I'd love to hear from you before the deadline on the special price.

Geoffrey

Originally posted by WHEATHIN
    The unleash product is very comfortable to wear I've had it on now for like 3 hours and I hardly realize I'm wearing it.

The fongear product doesn't look as comfortable as the unleash.

The jabra headset doesn't look as comfortable costs twice as much and we've heard doesn't sound as good.

I know we live in the days of instant technology but I for one love this product and think it is worth the wait.

Unleash lover (not company affliated just happy user).
    Go this page on the Reason Products site and click on Compatibility Chart. It appears that the 300 will work with an adaptor, although it only implies that call/hangup works.
    Yeah, I saw that, which is why I thought I'd ask here. I'm going to e-mail them next.

Thanks.

Geoffrey
    Well I broke down and ordered the Unleash. Sounds better than that piece pf crap Jabra Freespeak I picked up a couple of weeks ago. Voice command is useless and having only a couple hours of talk time sucks. I'll find some sucker on ebay to buy tho so no worries.

Hope this is better. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Woof
    ďThere are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.Ē
    ó Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Just got this response from reason: "We will send you a replacement unit today via Fedex 2-day, for delivery by Friday, January 9th. For your convenience, we will also send you a prepaid FEDEX label for returning the defective unit. Please affix the label on the outside of the box and drop it off at any FEDEX location."

They are either reading these boards or are just smart business people. I had decided that if they didn't finally respond by today that I wasn't going to accept a replacement.
    Looks like a lot of us will be getting them tomorrow (9th). Should be a flurry of new reviews on here by the weekend.

Since I know you are all concerned, I was able to ebay my Freespeak and only lost a dollar. Gotta love ebay.

Looking forward to everyones reviews.

Woof
    ďThere are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.Ē
    ó Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I have used the Unleash product for two weeks now. Here are my thoughts on the experience:

-Sound quality is equivelant to wired headsets that I have used in the past. Sound quality from the mike on the receiving end is very good.
    -While the transmitter (base) that attaches to the phone is small, it is a little cumbersome. I will try the velcro solution given earlier in the thread.
    -The earpiece is much lighter than it looks, fits very comfortably and adjusts to my preferences very well.
    -The carrying case/charger is a nice touch representative of intelligent design. For me, it forces me keep to keep it in the case when I am not using it. I do wish the case had a recharger for the its batteries (or plug into the 12V outlet in the car).
    -Range is 3-4 feet. I have not been able to exceed that.

So far so good. I am pleased with this purchase.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by suburbanguy
    I have used the Unleash product for two weeks now. .....

.... So far so good. I am pleased with this purchase.
    I just got mine and it is charging right now. How has the battery life been, both in the headset / transmitter and the in recharger base?

Have you had to change batteries in the case yet? If so, any thoughts on how many charge cycles (or talk time) the case batteries are good for?

Thanks
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast