1.    #1  
    My car charger from my 300 is hard resetting my 600 way too often lately. What is a good and reasonably prized car charger to get that won't exhibit this unacceptable behavior?

Does the one offered by Treocentral work well?

http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...iew.php?a_id=6

How about the ones on Ebay?
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    My car charger from my 300 is hard resetting my 600 way too often lately. What is a good and reasonably prized car charger to get that won't exhibit this unacceptable behavior?

Does the one offered by Treocentral work well?

http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...iew.php?a_id=6

How about the ones on Ebay?
    See this page on Handspring's site:

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH

If you're using the Treo 300 charger that came in the box then it may exhibit the problem you reported. I bought 2 additional car chargers from BestBuy earlier this year when I saw them for only $5, and according to the pictures on the web page they should be ok.

Here's what's on the support page (minus the pictures):

Although they may appear similar and will physically fit both devices, the car lighter adapter (also known as Vehicle Power Adapter or VPA) distributed by Sprint for Treo 300 is not compatible with Treo 600. Do not use this cable with Treo 600. Instead, use a VPA that specifically lists compatibility with Treo 600

What happens?
    If you use the Sprint Treo 300 VPA with a Treo 600, you may encounter fatal errors or automatic resets while it is connected to the cable. Do not use the Treo 300 VPA with a Treo 600.

Which VPAs are incompatible?
    VPAs distributed by Sprint for the Treo are not compatible with Treo 600. This includes the VPA that came in the box with your Treo 300 from Sprint, and any VPAs sold by Sprint (retail or website) as optional accessories for Treo 300.

Are any VPAs compatible?
    Yes. If you purchased your VPA from Handspring's website as an accessory, it should work with Treo 600. Handspring uses a different manufacturer for our Treo 300 accessory VPAs, and we have tested this accessory with Treo 600. It works.

And of course, any VPA sold by Handspring specifically for the Treo 600 will work, too. If you purchased a VPA accessory from a third party (including Sprint), please check with the vendor to see if it has been tested for compatibility with Treo 600.

Please note that the VPA included in the box with your Treo 300 is not compatible with Treo 600.
    I think the car charger from Seidio is one of the best. It can fully charge Treo 600 and charge Treo 600 even the battery is low and empty.

Most of the chargers on the market can not fully charge Treo 600

With Seidio Treo 600 car charger , Treo 600 will not flash or freeze the screen even it is charged when the battery is low or emply. I tried many car chargers for Treo 600, this works the best.

Price is $ 12.95, www.seidioonline.com
    Hmmm, my Treo 600 just reset itself for the first time while plugged into my brand new car charger. I ordered it from the Handspring web site and did specifiy 600.
  5.    #5  
    Igreenberg, did it cause a hard reset or soft reset?
    Soft reset.
    Handspring or Sprint (can't remember who) sent me a free replacement VPA for my 300 a long time ago. It does not look like the pictures, of either the good or bad charger.

I was not aware of the incompatibility and plugged it into my 600 for the 2-hr. drive home from the Cleveland (where I bought my 600). Long story short, I didn't have any problems.

If there's no chance of damaging the 600, I may continue to use it until I have reason not to. Why throw away money...
    You spent $399-$599 on the device. Spend $22.95 and get the real HAndspring Car Adapter. Why risk several hundred dollars to save $5-$10?

Just my opinion.

Larry
    Originally posted by lmelamed
    You spent $399-$599 on the device. Spend $22.95 and get the real HAndspring Car Adapter. Why risk several hundred dollars to save $5-$10?

Just my opinion.

Larry
    In my case anyway it is a real Handspring adapter just not the one pictured on that insert in the 600 box. I took my phone on another road trip today, 450 miles and the phone charged and operated without incident.