1.    #1  
    Like I said, dumb newbie. I didn't know if it would hurt it or anything.
    OMG!! You touch it with your finger!! ARHHHHHHHH!

Yeah it's ok....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I do but I shouldn't. Especially with this particular screen. It isn't the hard surface type you see on Pocket PC's or some older Palms and can easily be scratched or damaged.

See? HS made the T600 sooo hand-friendly that you barely need to use the stylus...but aha!! You're tempted to use your fingers instead and WHAM! Now you got a scratch..or two..or three...or...
    I use my fingers instead of the stylus all the time ... ok well, my nails anyways. Of course, I do have a screen protector on, so I'm not too worried
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
  5. MGM
    IMHO A major selling point for PalmOS is that it can be used WITHOUT the stupid geek stylus.

I call it the "finger test". If you can't get to the major functions with your fingers, it isn't worth a dime.

Having said all that, you raise a good point: screen protection is a very good idea if finger-surfing is a regular habit.
  6.    #6  
    ...and what's a good screen protector to buy?
    I'm just using some left over Palm branded ones that I've cut to size. They're working just great, with the exception of a couple small bubbles I can never seem to get out.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Originally posted by macfreak
    ...and what's a good screen protector to buy?
    The best I have found is from BoxWave. It is expensive, but well worth is, as you can remove it and reapply it to the screen.

David
    i got a batch a while back for my treo300 from www.freescreenprotectors.com and they worked fine. i don't see any there for the 600 yet, but i'm sure they will be soon
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by ivyrose
    I'm just using some left over Palm branded ones that I've cut to size. They're working just great, with the exception of a couple small bubbles I can never seem to get out.
    I know the feeling. Eversince I first got a pda I've used screen protectors, and I could never get all the bubbles out. The big ones are fun, 'cause you can sometime push them around, but it's the small ones that get on my nerves, because they don't seem to go anywhere!!! Anyway, I did the same thing, got my leftovers from my M505, and after messing a couple of them up, I finally got the template, and now my T600 is much happier with a screen protection!

G'night to y'all!
    May the G4ce be with you
    I agree the boxwave screen protectors are awesome, most companies give you 3 protectors a pack, but boxware only gives you one, but the quality is insane, its extremely smoothe (like your finger is gliding along it when you use it) and manages to keep itself clean (if not a little wipe will do). After a month of using it, there isn't a single scratch on the protector or the Treo