1.    #1  
    I just got the Treo 600 and I am a Yahoo mail user. I have tried setting it up for email with Aileron, Snappermail and One-touch, and it works, but I have a problem: it downloads any and all unread mail, which includes the "Bulk Mail" folder that Yahoo uses for spam. I get probably 15 real emails per day and about 200 junk emails per day. I don't want the email program to download from the bulk folder. Anyone know a way around this? I know I could check my mail via the web, but that gets pricey due to the plan I'm on with Cingular, and I know I could switch to another email service, but I've had this one with Yahoo for many years and don't want to change. Thanks
    I wish someone WOULD answer your Q...I wonder too.
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
  3.    #3  
    I found out from Corsoft's tech support that Aileron can connect to Yahoo mail w/o POP3 access.
    If you go to http://www.corsoft.com/check.asp, it will give you alternate settings to use. When I set up mail that way, it works great - no bulk mail (spam) gets delivered to my Treo.

I have to say also that Corsoft's tech support is incredible. The best tech support experience I ever had. They got back to me quickly and really were concerned about making sure their product met my needs.

The downside is that my trial w Aileron is up and I went to the web site to buy it and found out that it is subscription-based. It's $49 per year (or less if you buy two or three yr packages) which is a lot more than I wanted to spend. So I'll keep checking around. Any feedback here would be appreciated. If you are a Yahoo mail user and can afford Aileron, I think it's great.

One more question, it appears to me that checking my email w Aileron or another mail application doesn't count towards my $6.99 wireless web usage w Cingular. Am I right about that? I'm trying to limit my web usage so as not to run up my phone bill.
    Originally posted by sparky76

One more question, it appears to me that checking my email w Aileron or another mail application doesn't count towards my $6.99 wireless web usage w Cingular. Am I right about that? I'm trying to limit my web usage so as not to run up my phone bill.
    Are your accessing your email via dial up "wireless internet" or gprs "wireless internet express"? If your paying $6.99 I assume that your referring to gprs and the 1MB plan?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by sparky76
    I just got the Treo 600 and I am a Yahoo mail user. I have tried setting it up for email with Aileron, Snappermail and One-touch, and it works, but I have a problem: it downloads any and all unread mail, which includes the "Bulk Mail" folder that Yahoo uses for spam. I get probably 15 real emails per day and about 200 junk emails per day. I don't want the email program to download from the bulk folder. Anyone know a way around this? I know I could check my mail via the web, but that gets pricey due to the plan I'm on with Cingular, and I know I could switch to another email service, but I've had this one with Yahoo for many years and don't want to change. Thanks
    Sounds like you have the paid POP service from Yahoo...if so,
    there's a mail option configuration setting for whether you
    want to download your Bulk folder during a POP (or not).
    Login
    Mail Options link (top right)
    POP Access and Forwarding link
    Uncheck "Include Bulk Mail folder when downloading message"
    Isn't it a LOT easier to use their WAP site?
    http://wap.oa.yahoo.com
  7.    #7  
    I am accessing the web via GPRS. And thanks, Eddierite, for the tip. I knew that setting had to be in Yahoo somewhere, but couldn't find it.
    Checking your Aileron email does count towards your gprs data usage. It is counting out of the 1MB plan that you have. You can keep track of the amount of data that you've used by logging into you Cingular account online and viewing minutes/gprs used.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Go to Yahoo Mail options, choose POP Access and Forwarding, and unchecdk the box that says "Include Bulk Mail folder when downloading new messages."

That fixes everything.

**Edit** Someone already gave this answer. Sorry for the repeat.**
    Last edited by Examiner19; 12/17/2003 at 08:46 AM.
    I really love fusemail.... It lets you download your yahoo mail even if you don't pay for pop3 access and hotmail and aol mail and a bunch of others.

It is imap compliant too... It's awesome

http://www.fusemail.com
    Did you ever get an answer. I just signed up with Yahoo and just got Snappermail. I am wondering how all three of these are going to work together. Any suggestions or thoughts... thanks
    Thomas - read throught this whole thread - a couple of suggestions were made. Snappermail works well with Yahoo (provided you've paid for Yahoo's POP3 service); there is lots of information here (do a search on TreoCentral on "snappermail" and on Snapper's site on configuration if you end up having trouble sending or receiving. Enjoy!
    I never know about this option. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by eddierite
    Sounds like you have the paid POP service from Yahoo...if so,
    there's a mail option configuration setting for whether you
    want to download your Bulk folder during a POP (or not).
    Login
    Mail Options link (top right)
    POP Access and Forwarding link
    Uncheck "Include Bulk Mail folder when downloading message"