1.    #1  
    OK, Treo 270 w/T-Mobile..when I send email via SMS to an email address I get a warning that the message will be cut off when it is over 160 characters, however, I don't get that message when replying to an incoming SMS message. I type more than 160 characters when replying and it appears to send fine...? Does it depend what type of device it's being sent to?

Other SMS Questions:

1. Can you send/recieve to multiple addresses at once?

2. Why does it show a # (ie 512) in the "To" field when replying instead of the address and is there a way to view the actual address?

3. When replying, how can I get it to show the previous message history?

Thanks, T
    160 characters is simply the limit of a SMS set by most carriers. Sometimes if you exceed that, your message will be split into multiple messages...sometimes it will just be truncated.

On the built in SMS on the 270, no you can't send to multiple addresses. Try MaxTxt.

If you're seeing anything other than the phone number in the reply field, the txt you received didn't come directly from another mobile phone.

And no, there's no way to see the message history using the built in SMS feature on the 270. Although to be honest, after seeing the the SMS feature on the 600, I long for individual SMS again. I'm not happy with SMS as chat thread.
    Originally posted by Alli

On the built in SMS on the 270, no you can't send to multiple addresses. Try MaxTxt.

FYI just a minute ago I got an update-email:

maxTEXT Treo Edition 1.53 is out -

with the option to suppress the SMS-Popup if needed:

http://www.maxTEXT.com/SOFTWARE/maxTEXT_TE_153.zip

Regards Markus