Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know what is the anticipated release date for Vaja's new I-VOLUTION for the Treo 600?

Buddy
    In a response to my inquiry on Wednesday, they said it's "in development", but they won't specify a date. They didn't answer my question about whether or when they'll be taking pre-orders, or how much it'll cost. I'm eagerly anticipating this case (especially after seeing those pics), but I'm getting frustrated with Vaja's coyness about it.
    I just received this email (on 12/19) from Vaja regarding the I-Volution case for Treo 600:

Anyway, we will be releasing a new Ivolution case for the Treo 600 this or next week, so perhaps you can wait and see the new Ivolution design, which does not include any lid at all, that is why there will not be any pressing of the bar risk.

Can anyone comment on the auto answer problem with their flip cover case? I've searched the forums and have found only cursory mentions of it.

TIA...
    Originally posted by ToeCutter
    I just received this email (on 12/19) from Vaja regarding the I-Volution case for Treo 600:

Anyway, we will be releasing a new Ivolution case for the Treo 600 this or next week, so perhaps you can wait and see the new Ivolution design, which does not include any lid at all, that is why there will not be any pressing of the bar risk.

Thanks for the update! I'm bummed they didn't get out earlier, but I am looking forward to this case. Sorry I can't help you with the flip cover as I've been going caseless so far.
    Here's a few things I've learned thus far about the Vaja Treo 600 Case Saga:

1. Vaja is now offering the flip case ONLY for GSM models. Apparently, the GSM models do not include the auto answer feature.

2. I got the impresion that the Treo 600 Ivolution case is being designed to avoid the issue completely. The pictures I've seen show no front cover what so ever on the Ivolution case.

3. The pictures we've seen may not represent the final design. This would explain why they were pulled.

Vaja has been very up front with me regarding the auto answer glitch, almost to the point of discourging me from purchasing a case. My experience with them has been very favorable, despite the reports on this and other forums to the contrary.

That said, I will post any info I receive regarding the Ivolution for Treo 600. I feel pretty comfortable doing business with Vaja. They seem very accomodating, which is a rare find these days.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Now available on the Vaja site. $84.90

Rob
    Yup, I just got the email...
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Well, the only color to get the $84.90 price is black. However, looking at all the other colors, the only one that I would buy is Orange. I'm wondering if that would call too much attention to myself . Plus, saving 20 bucks is always good....

Rob
    This case looks really nice, but it's not much of a protection imo. It seems to protect the least important parts and leave exposed the most fragile parts, viz. lcd, sd slot, and keyboard. The only benefits I see with this case is the cool factor and maybe a slight shock absorption when dropped. Other than that I see no other benefit that would warrant an $80 price tag.
    SJ
    looks like it is only available for GSM version

Fred
    Originally posted by treosome
    This case looks really nice, but it's not much of a protection imo. It seems to protect the least important parts and leave exposed the most fragile parts, viz. lcd, sd slot, and keyboard. The only benefits I see with this case is the cool factor and maybe a slight shock absorption when dropped. Other than that I see no other benefit that would warrant an $80 price tag.
    SJ
    I agree. To me anyway, looks like all the class went out the Vaja cases for the Treo 600 with the introduction of the i-Volution version. But then I'm just showing my age. Guess I'm not an "X Factor" guy.

Their website section which describes the i-Volution concept says " The I-Volution line has a unique, new semi-rigid casing design consisting of three ABS layers that have been integrated with the lid ..." What Lid? The Treo is naked And all for $88.90. Before shipping, no doubt.

No disrepect meant to you caseless users. Just not for me. (Sorry Treosome, couldn't resist )

Oh, BTW. Just double checked the website. "Available in 20 days" for those who prefer this style.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Sure, it isn't exactly fully protective, but it does what I was looking for, although at a higher price than I wanted to spend. I got the HS version for $10 on ebay, and will use that one first and foremost. I hate belt clips, and carry my phone in my pocket most of the time. What I was looking for in a case was something to ensure that the screen was further recessed than where it sits now. Sure, it isn't perfect, but it would do what I need it to do.

I'm not sure if I will buy it, but it sure is an interesting design.
    I currently use the nutshell case which has severe auto answer problems. I had the Covertec on order but I got tired of waiting. So I took the plunge and ordered the I-volution last night. First and foremost I wanted something that would let me clip it to my belt and provide some protection. I sometimes carry it in my pocket but I wear coveralls at work and it is almost impossible to get out.

Just my 2 cents.

GM
    Will the first person to receive the I-Volution case PLEASE test to see if the case will fit the CDMA T600 and post their opinons.
    and post LOTS of pictures!!!!

still can't get a good feel from the vaja website as to how these puppies actually look on the device.

Based on the photos of the ivolution on the vaja site, it doesn't look like there's a hole for microphone (see http://www.vajacases.com/vaja/catalo...$file/name.jpg). So I emailed them and they said there's no hole:

The case for the Treo unit has been designed to fit the Treo perfectly, without any fastening. Once you introduce the unit into the case there will not be any need to secure it since it will remain securely there. The case design includes only a steel mesh protector for speaker at the back. Here you can see the case features: http://www.vajacases.com/images/smar...43I/grande.jpg
    The clip case has a metal pin inserted at the back where the belt clip is attached, but while the clip itself can be removed, the pin cannot, it is fixed at the back.
    I sent a message back with a photo of the mic hole and a message that if they cover the hole, there'll be a lot of returned cases. We'll see what they say. In the meantime, purchasers be wary. There's also no hole for the reset button.

BTW, I also asked them if the CDMA version will fit in the case as the site only specifies GSM.

I'll post their response if/when I get it.
    Just got a response from Vaja:

The Ivolution case is suitable for both Treo 600 units and it does include the mic cutout at the bottom.
    Way to go Vaja!
    Do you know if the GSM version of the classic case will fit ok for the CDMA version of the phone?

I know they are not selling the classic CDMA case anymore, I was thinking about buying the GSM case for the CDMA phone. I know about the autoanswering issue, but I'll fix it on the case.
    The price for the T6 ivolution case reads $44.90 on this page http://www.vajacases.com/images/smar.../treo_600.html

And $84.90 when you click on the "Without Belt Clip button"

Something ain't right.

Here is their response to my inquiry about the lower price:
    "There was a mistake in the main screen of this model, which has been corrected. But the actual price is usd 84.90."
    Last edited by realsyde; 12/24/2003 at 11:20 AM.
    eddietreo,

I just got a classic model for the GSM version and it fits perfect. Add a piece of felt and I think I have the auto answer spacebar issue fixed.

I would like to know why HS made the GSM without this problem.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast