Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I just sent Vaja the following email:

"I and several others ordered the black Treo 600 ivolution case before Christmas, and we know that several people ordered customized cases only 2 weeks ago and they are already getting their cases before we are. This is unfair! They paid maybe 10 or 20 dollars more for customization, but we bought your cases almost 2 months ago! Please stop telling us that our cases are in the "last stage of production." I appeal to your conscience to stop this injustice. Stop working on newer orders until you have fulfilled the older ones. If you are out of black leather, give me an option for a different color instead of making me wait unfairly!"

I should be getting a canned response soon!
    Vaja's pathetic response:

"We 'd like to apology for the wait but due to the great demand we are having, we are suffering a little delay in our production schedule, as it was already explained. Anyway, if you consider this wait is not acceptable, we can cancel the order for a full refund, no problem about that, we can understand it. Just let us know and we will do it."

Unbelievable. I don't want a refund. I want what others are already getting. So, here is the response I sent back:

"No. People who ordered a customized ivolution case are getting theirs BEFORE people who ordered a non-customized ivolution case. This is NOT a delay in production schedule - it is putting custom orders in front of non-custom orders, which is not fair. As I said before, if you don't have the black leather, let me customize my own case so that I can receive it already. And you shouldn't charge me any extra for it, as I have been waiting almost two months, while some people are getting theirs in only 2 weeks. I do NOT want to cancel my order. I would like to change it to a custom case if this is what it takes to get around the so-called 'delay in production schedule.' Please let me know what my options are."

Let's see what they say this time.
    I would speculate that since they are selling black ones through resellers, that's where all the black ones went. (Supposedly, Mobileplanet.com will have them on Feb. 13). Doesn't make it right.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Originally posted by cosmicpatriot
    I just sent Vaja the following email:

"I and several others ordered the black Treo 600 ivolution case before Christmas, and we know that several people ordered customized cases only 2 weeks ago and they are already getting their cases before we are. This is unfair! They paid maybe 10 or 20 dollars more for customization, but we bought your cases almost 2 months ago! Please stop telling us that our cases are in the "last stage of production." I appeal to your conscience to stop this injustice. Stop working on newer orders until you have fulfilled the older ones. If you are out of black leather, give me an option for a different color instead of making me wait unfairly!"

I should be getting a canned response soon!
    I would be interested to know if/when you receive a response... my last 10 (yes, that's right - 10) inquiries have gone without any response whatsoever.

If changing the color would speed up the process, count me in...

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Leeladisky,

Try sending an email to this address:

Cecilia@vajacases.com

It goes directly to one of their CS reps (Maria Cecilia), and she replies faster than they do to web form inquiries.

-David
    Originally posted by lefish
    Leeladisky,

Try sending an email to this address:

Cecilia@vajacases.com

It goes directly to one of their CS reps (Maria Cecilia), and she replies faster than they do to web form inquiries.

-David
    Thanks for the information... unfortunately, she's the recipient of all 10 ;-(.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Originally posted by Leeladisky

Thanks for the information... unfortunately, she's the recipient of all 10 ;-(.

L
    Bummer...she's been very responsive to me. I can't figure out how they do business down there, whether it's their production queue or their customer service. Some folks get quick turnarounds on their orders and CS inquiries, and others get the shaft. And what's the deal with the fact that they don't know anything about an order until it's "in the last stages of production"?

Despite all the comlpaints here, I'm giving them the shot at my business. I ordered a custom I-volution on Jan 22, and we'll see whn I get it. Maria's already warned me that it may be a little longer than the promised 20 days due to too many orders.

BTW, did anyone notice that they changed their site? Custom I-volutions are now "30 days delivery".

-David

I ordered a custom I-volution on Jan 22, and we'll see whn I get it. Maria's already warned me that it may be a little longer than the promised 20 days due to too many orders.

-David
    It is very inconsistent. I ordered mine on Jan 29 and it arrived yesterday, 2 days after I received the FedEx shipping notice. I wasn't expecting to see it for a while.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Sorry if this is considered offtopic but does anyone know how it compares to the Covertec case?

Would it be possible to cut away the plastic front on the Covertec or would that ruin it and not making the Treo stay in place?

After all it differs $50 between the Vaja and Covertec so if this mod is possible im gonna try it, any ideas?

/Andreas
    I've cancelled my order w/Vaja. I ordered a couple of them. Ironic that I only settled on the black case in hopes of getting the "generic" ones here faster.

I think I'll wait 6 months or so to see if production picks up by then. Until then I'll grab a few of the less expensive brands (covertec, slipper, bellagio, and perhaps the factory form fit case) to see if I can mod them to fit my needs.

I read a thread on the covertec mod. Which includes a pic also. Here is the link:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...4555f8967.html

wbw
    Well, I came home today and there was my I-volution waiting for me. I ordered a custom version -- Soygon (olive green) -- on Jan 22, and never received an email shipment notification.

It looks good and fits pretty well, although there's a strange seam overlap at the bottom on the inside, just at the edge of the headphone/connector cutout, that prevents the Treo from sitting all the way down into the case. The Treo sits about a millimeter or two up from the bottom, but the speaker, screen/keyboard, and microphone cutouts line up perfectly despite this.

All in all, it's quite classy, and has that deep leather smell. One unexpected small bummer is that the ultra-clip is relatively free-spinning, so if I put it on my belt and turn the phone so it's horizontal, when I take my hand away it tends to right itself. I was hoping for a ratcheted kind of mechanism that held the phone in whatever orientation you positioned it. It is very secure feeling though and I'm not worried about it slipping or falling off my belt.

I'll report back more after a few days' use.

-David
    Well, I came home today and there was my I-volution waiting for me. I ordered a custom version -- Soygon (olive green) -- on Jan 22, and never received an email shipment notification.

It looks good and fits pretty well, although there's a strange seam overlap at the bottom on the inside, just at the edge of the headphone/connector cutout, that prevents the Treo from sitting all the way down into the case. The Treo sits about a millimeter or two up from the bottom, but the speaker, screen/keyboard, and microphone cutouts line up perfectly despite this.

I'll report back more after a few days' use.

-David
    Congratulations on getting your Vaja,

I finally wimped out on ordering a custom I-volution from Vaja and ordered a basic black/no-clip version from MobilePlanet yesterday. They are expecting a shipment yesterday...today...any day now? I decided to deal with a U.S. distributor to avoid the wait and hassles that some folks have had. That's my theory, anyway

I would love to see a picture of your Soygon Vaja. I'm still thinking about getting one of the custom color versions and I'm having a hard time getting a handle on what these things look like in real life. So far, I've only seen "Architect"s Sapphire/Mandarin combo.

Also, could you take a picture of a blank wall and see if the case edge vignettes the camera at all. I don't expect it will, but...

Much Obliged,
    EdK
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    I take pictures all the time and the case is well back from the camera lens.
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    Originally posted by redshifted
    Also, could you take a picture of a blank wall and see if the case edge vignettes the camera at all. I don't expect it will, but...
    Here's a pic of your TC post (no well-lit walls here now). The only part of the image that would conceivably be vignetted by the case is the lower left. As you can see, the case doesn't get in the way.

I'll try to post some decent shots of the case this weekend.

-David
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally posted by Architect
    I take pictures all the time and the case is well back from the camera lens.
    Thanks for the info! Your pics of your classy looking Vaja case got me interested in getting one of these. The colors seem to match the Pantone swatch numbers better than the colors shown in the pictures on the Vaja website. I enjoy using the camera and the functionality and style of this particular case looked like the best match for me.

Best,
    EdK
    16GB iPhone 3G

Here's a pic of your TC post (no well-lit walls here now). The only part of the image that would conceivably be vignetted by the case is the lower left. As you can see, the case doesn't get in the way.

I'll try to post some decent shots of the case this weekend.

-David
    Thanks for the picture! It doesn't look like there is any vignetting. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures of your case.

EdK
    16GB iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    After weeks of debating over whether or not to purchase a custom I-Volution case, I placed an order for one on January 29. Today I received a Fed Ex tracking number. The FedEx website says that I should have it by Feb. 16. I will let you know how it turns out.

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Would someone mind posting some more pics? The links to pics above in this thread no longer work.

Thanks for the help!
    Accessories thread "Orange and Blue I Vo..."

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...0&pagenumber=1
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    Originally posted by Architect
    Accessories thread "Orange and Blue I Vo..."

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...0&pagenumber=1
    Thanks Architect. Great pictures and great info.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast