Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Originally posted by hova
    Does anyone know why a Color:black I-VOLUTION ----- I-Volution T6 for Treo 600 with Ultra clip cost $88.90 and the same Color:Black I-VOLUTION ----- Custom I-Volution T6 for Treo 600 (Embossing) with ultra clip cost $108.90 what is the $20 dollar price difference for?? I contacted Vaja but I'm yet to get a reply from them yet. I'm I the only one to notice this?
    No, I asked them about this at one point, and they replied with something vague that showed they didn't understand my question. Something like, "Custom cases are built to your specifications and therefore cost more."

If you're gonna order the black one, do it via the regular link, not the custom one to be safe.
    I was told the same regarding shipment. Should get it soon (I hope)
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Perhaps you are paying extra for a case that is made personally for you rather than the assembly line, mass produced one??

I-VOLUTION ----- I-Volution T6 for Treo 600 without belt clip:
    - Super slim design
    - Sync with travel cable
    - Headphone & Headset jack access
    - Camera access
    - Access to Power button & Volume keys
    - Stainless mesh speaker protector
    - Easy access to all commands
    - SD/Power/Beam information access
    - Fits: Handspring Treo 600
    - Size: 4 - 4/8" x 2 - 5/8" x 1 - 1/8" inch.
    Price US$ 84.90

I-VOLUTION ----- I-Volution T6 for Treo 600 with Ultra clip:
    - Super slim design
    - Sync with travel cable
    - Camera access
    - Ultra Clip
    Price US$ 88,90

I-VOLUTION ----- Custom I-Volution T6 for Treo 600 (Embossing)
    - Super slim design
    - Sync with travel cable
    - Camera access
    - Ultra Clip
    - Choose the back side
    - Choose the personalization
    - Several Colors available!!!
    Price US$ 104,90

Considering the classic case pattern as a starting point, through this service, you can choose from several options to get a "customized" item according to your personal taste and needs.These cases are not in stock: you will design your case as you prefer and our master artisans will make it specially for you. Your case will be unique, there is not going to be another one like yours!

Choose one option in each of the following boxes in order to complete your customized case

Without belt clip more info
    $ 0
    With Ultra Clip more info
    $ 4

No personalization
    $ 0
    Name Personalization in the Back More_info
    $ 10

CUSTOM CASES FAQ's

1. What is a custom case?
    A custom case is not a case line, but instead an exclusive Vaja service that will allow you to build the case that you've always desired by selecting among numerous options according to your personal needs. Our master artisans will then custom craft your exact request and make your case a reality.

2. Why are they more expensive than the classic cases?
    The price difference is a factor of the manufacturing process. The custom cases are produced by master artisans and selected craftsmen fully dedicated to this task. The cases are manufactured by unit instead of specified quantity. By allowing many different possibilities for custom design the manufacturing process becomes more complex because there is no fixed case pattern beforehand. So, it is all this kind of special designing and manufacturing work and not only the possibility to find the leather and color combination you like, that is reflected on the final price of the product.

3. Why does the manufacturing process take 7 days?
    The materials for custom design are generally not in stock because they're produced specifically according to a customer's request. Our process for custom cases begins when you place the order. We charge your purchase and immediately begin the manufacturing process which can take up to seven business days depending on the model requested. In some cases, the process may take longer depending on a customer's request. As soon as the product ships, you will receive a tracking number via email. The shipping time will, of course, impact the production/delivery time frame and can vary depending on the type of shipping selected.

4. Can all Vaja cases be customized?
    At present Vaja custom service is not available for all PDAs, so please check out this logo in our site.

5. Which leathers can be personalized?
    To personalize our cases, we use two different techniques embossing and laser engraving. It should be noted that not all leathers can be personalized. This is because some textures and/or colors are not suitable for embossing or engraving since the lettering may not show up clearly or look legible.
    Last edited by Exciter; 01/13/2004 at 11:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Originally posted by lefish

No, I asked them about this at one point, and they replied with something vague that showed they didn't understand my question. Something like, "Custom cases are built to your specifications and therefore cost more."

If you're gonna order the black one, do it via the regular link, not the custom one to be safe.

The reason I asked was because I wanted to order the black one with my name engraved on it but I didn't see why I should pay $20 extra(excluding the $10 for engraving)
    Just the most preliminary first impressions:

*Well designed and handsome, as usual.
    *Good hand feel
    *top edges do not pull from the Treo (I was concerned about this)
    *Has the look of an "OEM" case, i.e., very natural fit and feel
    *Forget about using the volume buttons for anything but volume, i.e., VolumeRocker, TreoButler, VolKeys, are going to be extremely difficult to use with this design. In fact, for me, they are just short of impossible to manipulate. Quick volume changes are not exactly easy either.
    *Otherwise, all inputs and functions nicely accessible.
    *Forget about using this case with e-grips (in case anyone was thinking of that).

Maybe some pix over the weekend. If I can find a way over the fact that TC never accepts my uploads.
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Maybe some pix over the weekend. If I can find a way over the fact that TC never accepts my uploads.
    Elysian9: We're on the edge of our seats waiting for those pics!
    looks good..looks very well made from the photos
    I'm really tempted to buy this case. I've tried a couple others and nothing else seems to work. My usage is relatively "tame" so I'm not terribly concerned about breaking or scratching the screen -- but that is the reason I've not yet made the purchase.

Thanks for the pics -- they are great.

B
    Thanks for the great pics...I am sold!!!

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    If somebody with the Sprint phone could comment on the Vaja I-volution fit with the infamous Sprint "ear bulge" it would be great. That is one more reservation I have about spending $88 on a case for my palm ;-).

Brian
    Thanks for posting those pics!

Which color did you get? Looks black in some shots, and brown in others. Are you happy with the color? It's hard to tell from the Vaja site what the end result will be.
    Was wondering if anyone has recieved their i-volution case yet and how long it took from the time of order. It is now 30 days since I placed my order and the only response I can get from Vaja is that the case is "in the final stage of production". They've actually been telling me that for two weeks now. All I ordered was the simple black case with no fancy clips, colors or engraving.

Get it together, Vaja.
    Thanks for posting those pics!

Which color did you get? Looks black in some shots, and brown in others. Are you happy with the color? It's hard to tell from the Vaja site what the end result will be.
    It's a kind of milk-chocolate brown. I forget the Vaja name. Very sweet!
    Originally posted by elysian9

It's a kind of milk-chocolate brown. I forget the Vaja name. Very sweet!
    Was it "Moro"?

Now that you've had it a while, what do you think? Durable? Easy to hold onto? Any other pros/cons?

-David
    Has anyone noticed that anyone who ordered a black Ivo hasn't even recieved a tracking number and only people who ordered custom ones are recieving theirs now?

I think VAJA is trying to take care of the really big spenders first!

GM

Was it "Moro"?

Now that you've had it a while, what do you think? Durable? Easy to hold onto? Any other pros/cons?

-David
    I think Moro is right. My intial reactions have held up. Biggest problem is very, very, very awkward access to the volume keys. A real pain. In fact enough to make me regret the purchase, because I consider it a serious flaw in the design. For a high-end case of premium quality and premium $, there should not be a single design flaw.

*Well designed and handsome, as usual.
    *Good hand feel
    *top edges do not pull from the Treo (I was concerned about this)
    *Has the look of an "OEM" case, i.e., very natural fit and feel
    *Forget about using the volume buttons for anything but volume, i.e., VolumeRocker, TreoButler, VolKeys, are going to be extremely difficult to use with this design. In fact, for me, they are just short of impossible to manipulate. Quick volume changes are not exactly easy either.
    *Otherwise, all inputs and functions nicely accessible.
    *Forget about using this case with e-grips (in case anyone was thinking of that).
    fyi .. i also bought an i-volution. today marks 30 days since i first ordered my plain black (caterina black?) vaja case w/beltclip. i am also receiving the auto-response to my inquiry. i've noticed that their web site has re-listed this product as "out of stock". it used to be "available".

the way i go through handheld devices, i am starting to wonder if i will even own a treo600 when the case arrives.
    elysian9, I get the "forbidden you do not have access" message when I try to view the pics.

bilbo79, I can relate. I ordered the plain black before Christmas. No show. Just the canned response.
    I ordered my custom, two-tone I-Volution on January 21, and I got an email that it shipped today. Go figure. Sorry for those who are still waiting for a black one.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast