1.    #1  
    Is there a way to turn off web browsing without turning off the phone function? Having only 1mb (AT&T sucks!), I need to conserve the bandwidth....
    In the Treo 300, you used to be able to turn it off in the Blazer app. I don't see the option in the T600, which means I think you have to turn the phone off and on. Anyone else?
    jello
    In the Prefs app, select network, and then you will see a "Disconnect" button. The old Blazer "Network" menu option was simply a link to this app.

FWIW, If you're not in the Web app, you should not be using any bandwidth.

Michael
    Originally posted by mfacelle
    In the Prefs app, select network, and then you will see a "Disconnect" button. The old Blazer "Network" menu option was simply a link to this app.

FWIW, If you're not in the Web app, you should not be using any bandwidth.

Michael
    I was going to suggest this as well, presently it is the procedure I use, I wish this option was available in the new blazer browser.

Has anyone noticed any difference in battery life with the phone connected to the network as opposed to disconnected. I have no good way to measure this but subjectively it seems the battery life is better when I manually disconnect from the network when I'm done using the connection.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Originally posted by epoints
    Is there a way to turn off web browsing without turning off the phone function? Having only 1mb (AT&T sucks!), I need to conserve the bandwidth....
    That and the transfer rate. I feel for you, thats why I left Cingular.

I'm averaging 100megs a month on Sprint, and that places me in the "casual user" category.
  6.    #6  
    thanks for all the replies.

too bad that I could not switch, because i can only get at&t where I work (4 floors undergound).