1.    #1  
    Hello!

This is my first post, and I wanted to share my surprisingly smooth experience in porting my number out of Verizon and over to Sprint.

Called in this past Tuesday 12/9 (Late afternoon) by pressing *2 SEND on my brand new Treo, but pressed "0" instead of entering my ESN to speak to a live person... Gave them my Verizon information, and was given an ETA of 12/11 @ 6:30am PST for everything to be functional... Being VERY pessimistic on the actual process, I waited, took time to learn the features of my new Treo, played around with the settings... I really didn't expect things to go smoothly from some of the horror stories I've read...

Anyhow, wouldn't you know it? on my way to work this morning, I decided to try to connect to PCSvision... and it worked! (I was getting the 3000 error before while I was playing with it). So I called home, and everything was good to go! I made my GF call me back to verify... I have to say that by far, this has been the best experience for me so far in these sort of matters... And surprisingly, the service is crisp & clear! I came very reluctantly from Verizon just for this phone and so far, I am extremely pleased...

Now, I just look forward to all of the goodies that are in store for me in this forum...

Cheers!
    -Ant
    Good to hear someone else had a much easier time than I did, even though mine was a lot easier than people going from AT&T. I went from Verizon to sprint as well.
    I was happy mine went through as well. It really worked out better than I expected.

I loved Verizon and was quite reluctant to switch. Like you, I did it for the phone.

But I feel like Free & Clear America will enable me to continue to enjoy the benefits of their network.

The only bummer is that Verizon works inside my house, and Sprint outside, so I have to walk into the yard to test anything data related.
  4. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Glad to hear the success stories. I started my odyssey on 12/10/03. I am (I hope) going from Cingular to AT&T. There have already been some snags but right now the ball is in Cingulars court. I'll let you all know how this goes.