1.    #1  
    Dear Valued Customers,

Thank you for visiting and shopping at Seidio.com. Seidio accepts all the technical challenges to fulfill the needs for all the mobile users on their mobile devices. Seidio is committed to creating superior products which offer the highest standards of quality, durability and the most innovative design.

As of December 11, 2003, our product testers have encountered more technical issues on the ˇ§Seidio Hands Free Stereo Headphones for Treo 600ˇ¨ (SKU# HMESVOT-SL) after the first batch was produced. Seidio will stop shipping this product until all the issues are fixed. Meanwhile, we will still accept the challenges and working hard to develop a new version hands free stereo headphone for Treo 600. This new version will be able to make phone calls with and be used as a regular headphone for music.

For all valued customers who received the ˇ§Seidio Hands Free Stereo Headphones for Treo 600ˇ¨ (SKU# HMESVOT-SL) or on the order status showing ˇ§SHIPPEDˇ¨:
    All the charges including shipping (shipping cost will be refunded in proportion if more than one item is in an order) will be credited back to your credit card account. No return is necessary. Please allow 3-5 business days for the processing and refunds. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you after the process is completed.

For all valued customers who has NOT received the ˇ§Seidio Hands Free Stereo Headphones for Treo 600ˇ¨ (SKU# HMESVOT-SL):
    Your item will NOT be shipped and will be cancelled automatically from our system. If you have any other item(s) in your order, all items will still be shipped and the shipping cost will be adjusted. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you after the process is completed.

We apologize for all the inconvenience this may have caused you. We at Seidio are committed to provide our customers the best items and support in the industry, and though this has been an inconvenience, we are glad our product testers were able to discover these defects as quickly as they have. Seidio will continue to develop a new batch or model of the Hands Free and Headphone combo headset for Treo 600. We are working hard on this new batch or model which can satisfy the needs. We are looking forward to release a perfect and reliable solution to all customers in the near future.

Please be aware, we continue to carry the ˇ§Ear Bud Headset w/ Coiled Cord for Treo 600ˇ¨ and ˇ§Stereo Headphone w/ Volume Control (Universal 2.5 mm jack) for Treo 600ˇ¨ which have passed our quality testing. Please rest assured our concerns are only with the ˇ§Seidio Hands Free Stereo Headphones for Treo 600ˇ¨ (SKU# HMESVOT-SL)

If you have any questions, problems concerning your order or any comments for our products, Seidioˇ¦s customer support is available from Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm Central time, at 1877-2-SEIDIO.

Sincerely,

Seidio, Inc.
    Now that is what I call making lemonaide out of lemons!
    I can't ask for a better response to a bad situation. I for one applaud Seidio for taking this action. It is expensive for them, but it will guarantee that I will buy from them again. Without this notice, I would never have done so. Thanks to the folks that made this very wise decision.
    They had no other choice. Everyone that ordered the product will give it back and demand full refunds including shipping and handling costs. What would be more expensive? They would also lose the trust of potential customers. There is only one alternative. I'm just glad they opted for this one. Two of the reps I spoke with yesterday didn't want to acknowledge that the product was indeed a sham.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  4. dsc
    I think we should encourage those guys in Seidio as they took the courage, time and money to develop a product that I consider highly technical difficulty. This is the product handspring will not touch and I think it is quite limited by the Treo 600 software.

I am glad they made this notce and hope they can have a technical breakthrough to come up with a product to serve the dual uses.

At that day, I will be in line to buy Seidio's product. Good luck to those guys in Seidio.
    Originally posted by Seidio Support
    we are glad our product testers were able to discover these defects as quickly as they have.

Seidio, Inc.

This part kills me.

The product testers were all those poor people who pre-oredered this mess and found out they got stiffed. This refund they are offering is the only option they had without losing creditabilty throughout their entire company with all their products.

I do hope they learned a valuable lesson. Get it right 1st or don't come out with the product at all!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I called on Tuesday to try to cancel my order. I was placed on hold while the sales person was talking to the senior technical supoort. She came back on and said that the tech support told her that the mic works fine and it is stereo and the people on the treocentral boards don't know what they are talking about. She did however ask for the exact spelling of "treocentral.com". My guess is they have never even seen the product and they don't have a treo600 to test it on if they did. They are making an atempt at damage control. Too little, too late.
    I got mine yesterday, and even before the email stating that the cost would be credited back I decided it wasn't worth my time and effort to complain about what ended up being $15 after all the discounts were added up. So I popped open the microphone compartment, and took a look.

Its pretty clear that Seidio's problems are in manufacturing. The reason that its binaural full time look like they are caused by the following:

1) The earpiece leads are exposed wire, twisted together and shorted
    2) The earpiece leads are all soldered to the same solder joint on the PCB -- the design (and common sense) would indicate that the leads should hit each of one of the three solder joints on the board.

Futhermore, it looks like the right/left channels are swapped, so the mic is sitting across the wrong channel.

I've seen much worse problems come off of manufacturing lines in the first run, so this really isn't all that surprising. Often you need to send an employee with test equipment over to the line and physically test random samples off the line -- which is sometimes more expensive than having the first run work.

It remains to be seen whether the design will work at all... I'm still not quite sure how they planned on having this work without a switch mechanism inline, but I'll report back in if I manage to get this to work.

At least now its a free project (well, if you don't count all the spare parts I bought last night at Radio Shack in case F-- somethin up ;-)
    Looking forward to finding out from you if this non-switchable set up is even possible.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by treosixoo

This part kills me.

The product testers were all those poor people who pre-oredered this mess and found out they got stiffed. This refund they are offering is the only option they had without losing creditabilty throughout their entire company with all their products.

I do hope they learned a valuable lesson. Get it right 1st or don't come out with the product at all!!
    Why does that kill you? They found out a problem, and did something about it that did not put ANY ownership on the buyer to do anything(ie: *NO* cost to the customer). And they keep what they already got. You say that's their only option to not lose credibility, yet your msg sounds annoyed and gives the air that they *did* lose credibility. Nobody got stiffed. Obviously, I disagree with your negative msg.

Not many companies would do this. They would just stop selling it and put out a newer product eventually under a different name.
    Originally posted by njchris

Why does that kill you? They found out a problem, and did something about it that did not put ANY ownership on the buyer to do anything(ie: *NO* cost to the customer). And they keep what they already got. You say that's their only option to not lose credibility, yet your msg sounds annoyed and gives the air that they *did* lose credibility. Nobody got stiffed. Obviously, I disagree with your negative msg.

Not many companies would do this. They would just stop selling it and put out a newer product eventually under a different name.
    Obviously there are some people on this board who are not aware of Seidio's shady reputation. This wouldn't be so bad if this was the first time Seidio had been called out on their unethical business practices and poor quality.

First, Seidio did not do proper testing before releasing this product. They basically suckered us into a pre-order campaign for a product that is no where near ready to be released just so they can be first to market (i.e., beat out the likes of Skullcandy). Second, it's obvious these guys have been less than truthful throughout this mess - "The only reason we're out of stock is because they are in such demand" - total BS, they never even had an initial shipment, so they were not "out of stock". If you don't understand that, then why else would they not know what features/functionality these headphones had until they received this shipment! Finally, just do a search all over this board and you'll hear of people that have had bad experiences with Seidio. I, for one, fried my Treo 300 using one of their "compatible" car chargers.

This letter is the right step for Seidio, however, let's not get crazy and start praising this company. They've still got a long way to go to clean up their act!
    sh:t! my Cigarette Lighter Charger for all Treo from Seidio is on its way...
    Mcnab
    If you open up your Treo 600 and look inside, you will find you are wasting time to find a non-switching type solution, good luck on you work

I will be the one surprised most if you can find that soultion.