1.    #1  
    How do I quickly get to the "%" symbol if I do not have it memorized and if I do not want to try every button on the thumboard with the alt key? Is there a soft keyboard you can bring up with a full menu of special symbols? I am typing from a PC now so I have not found it yet.
    option hold 0

that is a zero
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Forward slash, Alt (0), down.

/ Alt (down)

is an alternative, but 0 alt option is a bit quicker
    Not sure where there's a complete listing, but for now, the % symbol is under "Q".
    geez, i guess i was slow in my reply!! 2 others beat me to it!
  6.    #6  
    Looks like you have to know where it is. Cyril got it right. The option hold 0 does not work, I see the "%" flash by and can't select it. May have something to do with having KeyCaps600 enabled.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Press the option buttone once, then press q, then press alt (NOT option+alt).
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    In most cases, you can hit menu-K to bring up the on screen keyboard that has most symbols. Also, menu-G will give you keyboard help (although if you have Graffiti 1 installed, you get graffiti help instead). As for percent, I've always used the one under P (also under 0 and /, per this thread).
  9.    #9  
    Thanks a bunch! The menu -k is a great tip!

Originally posted by sbono13
    In most cases, you can hit menu-K to bring up the on screen keyboard that has most symbols. Also, menu-G will give you keyboard help (although if you have Graffiti 1 installed, you get graffiti help instead). As for percent, I've always used the one under P (also under 0 and /, per this thread).