Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am able to access Outlook web access. Our company uses Exchanger server 5.5. I agree that the interface is too bulky to be usable for routine email. But it is nice to know that I can access my contacts list through OWA if my treo crashes and loses all my data.

Another issue that may prevent acccessing OWA is how one establishes a data connection. I have Tmobile and can only access OWA if I use the Mobile Internet Access connection, but not through the T-zones connection. Both are GPRS connections. If you anyone is interested, there is a discussion elsewhere in the US GSM forum about why this occurs.
    My company also uses Exchange 5.5 and OWA works fine--although not very usable because it uses frames...I haven't tried sending a message, though.
    I gave up on getting OWA to work, but I've been using Versamail to receive mail via IMAP (after connecting with Mergic VPN).

I couldn't get my exchange server to accept my outgoing messages, so I just use the Sprint pop3 email for outgoing, but use my corporate address in the account setting for "Reply to".
    Check this software out...

http://www.leederbyshire.com/OWA-PDA.asp

Its a addon to OWA. If you could get your admins to install OWA its nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikenew
    ""Your administrator needs to disable "Integrated Windows Authentication" within IIS for it to work.
    Integrated Authentication does not work through firewalls.

If the OP's company is using OWA in a FE/BE arrangement, with the FE server in the DMZ, integrated auth might work. Sorry to waffle on that statement, I just have no idea of the skill level of the OP's IT staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrodex
    I use OWA-PDA at home at at 2 client sites. I also use OWA-WAP at home, for my wife's WAP-compatible cellphone. FANTASTIC software.
    OWA works very nicely for me using WebproV. It's running off Exchange 2003. I also have access to public folders, etc.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Hey, here's something off-topic for this thread, but hella fun!

I'm a bit of a TiVo fanatic. I've got my TiVo's serving web pages to the public internet. Imagine my joy when I discovered that my new T600 can open those TiVo webpages, no problem!

If someone at lunch mentions a TV program that I'd like to see, I can search for it and tag it to record before the entree arrives ;->
    I have Entourage on my mac conigured to read my ms exchange emails. It uses the https: url as the server address. Has anyone heard of an email client, that can be installed on the Treo 600, that will allow me to read my exchange emails?
    Using Aileron you can access your OWA. OWA is an add-on option offered with Aileron Mail Personal Access service that is designed for individual users. Aileron Mail Personal Access is a hosted service that is offered on an annual basis while OWA is offered as a one time purchase. For details, visit:http://www.corsoft.com/owa_mail.asp

Feel free to reach us online for a live chat support from 7.00 am EST onwards and we will be glad to help .

Mark
    Customer Care
    Corsoft Corporation.
    has anyone got this to work. I only have access to Outlook OWA and the it dept won't even talk about changing settings. I have a Treo 650 and would love to access my email away from the office.
    My company recently switched to 2003 from 5.5. When using 5.5 I was able to access OWA using both Blazer and WebPro, however, niether program handeld the frames well. I could read and send email, but not reply or forward an email. Now that we have migrated to 2003 I have no problem accessing the .oma site and it works great.
    Reqwireless WebViewer allows me to log on and use our OWA site.
  14. seh
    Quote Originally Posted by markgin
    Using Aileron you can access your OWA. OWA is an add-on option offered with Aileron Mail Personal Access service that is designed for individual users. Aileron Mail Personal Access is a hosted service that is offered on an annual basis while OWA is offered as a one time purchase. For details, visit:http://www.corsoft.com/owa_mail.asp

Feel free to reach us online for a live chat support from 7.00 am EST onwards and we will be glad to help .

Mark
    Customer Care
    Corsoft Corporation.

Mark:

I had a very nice chat with your tech guy Tim today. While he was very helpful in trying to configure your program to access my company's OWA email, we were unsuccessful after 45 minutes. Although he ultimately asked me to upgrade the software to a more recent version, I am still unable. I believe that while your product may have its attributes, selling it on OWA is premature. That said, count me in as soon as OWA is out of the beta stage.
    Hello SEH,
    As I already made you aware about the status of OWA that is just out of BETA. We will certainly like to get you up with that. For that I request you to come online for a live and interactive chat support. Or provide us your contact phone number and the best time to reach you. We will be glad to help you with your mobile messaging needs.
    Tim K
  16. seh
    Tim, just for clarification, I was not being sarcastic. You were very helpful and tried very hard to make it work. Certainly on the customer support side, you and your company are very respectable.

Unfortunately, I believe that representing that your product WILL work with OWA when it is still beta would impune what appears to be an otherwise very nice product. All I am suggesting is that until the bugs are worked out, that caution should be exercised.
    Hi Stephen,
    No worries, Stephen. Thank you once again for your compliments. Our development team is continously working on it to turn it more refined and fix the bugs. I will have someone to call you today and certainly help you to get started with it.

I hope this helps. Feel free to reach us online for a live and interactive chat support. We will be glad to help you.
    Tim K
  18. seh
    My final post on this (lol). Turns out that I will not be using this product, but it is not the result of any defect in the product. I deal with a lot of sensitive data and did not fully understand until today that OWA is facilitated through a Corsoft server (for the personal mail). I can't use a solution that does this, unfortunately.

I acutally spoke with a person by phone, who contacted me and tried to work the problem out. As we were discussing it, I learned the above fact. In any event, I wish Corsoft luck.
    Thank you for considering Corsoft solutions for your mobile messaging needs. It is too kind of you to say this. Well good luck to you also in your business and life. Have a good time.
    Tim K
    My Exchange Server is behind a firewall, and I can only access it from the outside using VPN. Does Aileron OWA eliminate the need for VPN?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast