Does anyone know what happend to the midi converter that was located here:

http://www.treocentral.com/ringtones...0fun/index.php

I used it yesterday and now it looks like it has been removed.

Also, I downloaded the analog phone ring from treo600essentials.com and used ringtonetools.exe to convert it to a pdb, but it won;t play on my phone as a ring... just silence.

If anyone has this converted or can convert it that would be great or a link to another old ringtone.

Thanks.
    I second the question. I used this a few times now it is gone, and I can't seem to find anything that will do this easily anywhere else on the web.
    i had the same question...also I have a mac so I can't use palm midi desktop... anyone know of any other way to convert midi's to pdb on a mac?
    just point your treo browser to the midi file on the web and it will automatically let you put the the tones in your fone...
    Downloading existing midi files directly is great, but that won't help to convert midi files which exist on the user's computer to the pdb format. Does anyone know where we can get the midi converter?

What we want is to be able to convert our own home-grown midi files...
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I might be missing the point here. Why do you need to convert the MIDs to PDBs? Why not just sync them over to the Treo as a MID when you sync?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Originally posted by randyg
    I might be missing the point here. Why do you need to convert the MIDs to PDBs? Why not just sync them over to the Treo as a MID when you sync?
    true, but tc ringer lets you assign ringtones to more that just the 50 ppl in your favorites.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    OK, that is great for the 600- but none of this applies to those of us with a 300. And does anyone know what ringtonetools.exe is? further, how do you ir a mid file from your computer to a treo? the palm installer doesn't recognize anything but a palm extension.
    Originally posted by lesnla
    OK, that is great for the 600- but none of this applies to those of us with a 300. And does anyone know what ringtonetools.exe is? further, how do you ir a mid file from your computer to a treo? the palm installer doesn't recognize anything but a palm extension.
    TCRinger recognizes the resulting .pdb (palm data base) file. The file will appear in the TCRinger interface for you to add to the current list. TCRinger also recognizes MIDI files but only simple ones. If you want the polyfonic sounds, you need to convert the file to a .pdb. I think....I could be wrong on the polyfonic needing to be in .pdb format.
    Anyway, as far as the MIDI files, they are reserved for system events. I think, in the Treo 600, you have more flexibility over the .MIDI files.
    Hope this helps.
    Thank you! I thought I converted my midi file to pdb on some german website. however, after installing the file I can't find it anywhere. It doesn't show up in tcringer at all. :-( Any suggestions? Thanks!