1.    #1  
    Problem: I put my TMo chip in my unbranded/unlocked 600 about two weeks ago. I receive phone calls and and access the internet without problems. However, I notice that I don't have the GPRS icon active on my "desktop", just the antenna and two directional arrows. According to the Treo user guide, the icon indicates "you are actively using dial-up (CSD) connection". So not GPRS, right?

I just did a bandwidth test with bmeter to see how my speed stacked up against other non Sprint users who say they ARE connected to a GPRS network. I fell right in the speed ranges of most.

Anyone have any ideas of what's up. Am I connected to a GPRS network or not? Oh, and one other thing, I can receive phone calls while I'm online (I thought this was another indication I was connected to a GPRS network), but I can't surf while I'm talking.

Thanks for any help with this.
    On the 600, you do NOT get the big triangular icon on an active GPRS connection, you DO get the two green arrows. If the GPRS connection is not active you still get the small triangular icon that shows you that a GPRS connection is available, and of course no green arrows...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info. It seems strange though that on pg. 135 of the user guide included with the Treo, it DOES show the large triangle as indicating you are connected to a GPRS network. Yet on pg. 35, where it shows a list of icons and thier meaning, the triangle with the opposing arrows indicates you ARE connected to a GPRS network and the session is active. Arggggg.
    GPRS connections show up as GREEN arrows by the telephone pole. CSD shows up as black arrows. (Just tested and confirmed)
    how to see the data usage on the Treo 600??? I have a Cingular connection
    Originally posted by winebrat
    Thanks for the info. It seems strange though that on pg. 135 of the user guide included with the Treo, it DOES show the large triangle as indicating you are connected to a GPRS network. Yet on pg. 35, where it shows a list of icons and thier meaning, the triangle with the opposing arrows indicates you ARE connected to a GPRS network and the session is active. Arggggg.
    I got confused, too. And a lot of other people have. All around this message board, there's questions about that, plus over at http://www.treomb.com. All we can figure is that there's a misprint in the manual, because we all seem to have GPRS the way it says on page 35 and not page 135.

---

http://about-here.textamerica.com
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, you guys are awesome. One less thing I have to worry about.