Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Hopefully: Bluetooth, 320x320, and PalmOS 6 (which comes out Dec 29, yay!): OS5->OS6 is supposedly as big of a jump as MacOS 9 to MacOS X, as PalmOS 6 is the first version to incorporate all the BeOS goodness ... here's hopin' :-)


    Thanks,
    Peter
  2. #2  
    maybe by next dec 29th will will know about the next treo, but right now we dont even know if there will be one.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by Felipe
    maybe by next dec 29th will will know about the next treo, but right now we dont even know if there will be one.
    I can't imagine there not being one; why did palmone buy HS except for the Treo line? Though I agree that it'll probably be awhile--late summer at the earliest--before we hear of a major upgrade.

    Regards,
    --Mathew
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by mathewlu


    I can't imagine there not being one; why did palmone buy HS except for the Treo line? Though I agree that it'll probably be awhile--late summer at the earliest--before we hear of a major upgrade.

    Regards,
    --Mathew
    If I were a betting man, I'ld say the next immediate Treo released will have the same current specs sans the camera and will be targeted for the enterprise market. I think PalmOne could release something like this in the very near future...

    In regards to an OS 6 Treo, I agree we probably won't see or hear anything until early next fall imho...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5. #5  
    1) 400 mhz arm processor
    2) 65, 000 color screen
    3) 240 x 320 pixel screen
    4) bluetooth.. with anti - bluejacking bundle... if possible
    5) 1 - 2 megapixel camera - with short video recording
    6) voice recorder... and voice to text translation software app.
    7) increased multi-tasking capability - snap photos and surf the web while on the phone... now this would be a serious device!!
    8) whats in the box... optimized headset, stylish leather case with sd slots and card slots. an all in one case!
    9) 128 mb memory
    10) mp3 player

    not likely at all that palmone would be ready to release this type of model in one year or even 2 years,,would be WAY too expensive to make AND to sell. but i would at least like to see..
    1,3,4,6, 9 and 10 put together in the treo 700.

    the treo 600 is the best cellphone/pda on the market right now. but a treo with these specs would top the tungsten c as a pda. it might rank as not only the best cell phone available, but also the best pda to own at the same time.... THAT. ... would be groundbreaking. if palmone doesnt produce it first, my bet is that samsung or sony - they have a prototype cell phone design! - would be the ones to bring it to the table.
    Last edited by treosensei; 12/11/2003 at 03:16 AM.
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by phandel
    Hopefully: Bluetooth, 320x320, and PalmOS 6 (which comes out Dec 29, yay!): OS5->OS6 is supposedly as big of a jump as MacOS 9 to MacOS X, as PalmOS 6 is the first version to incorporate all the BeOS goodness ... here's hopin' :-)


    Thanks,
    Peter
    Handspring showed the way, but now it's up to those companies with more resources to fine-tune the smartphone design and build in more quality. Expect Samsung (320 x 320 flip phone) and Sony Ericsson to bring out fresh designs with the features you want before the second quarter of 2004. Mark your calendars now.

    Palm's glacial design and manufacturing lead times are going to kill them once the big boys step into the sandbox.

    By the way, PalmOS 6 is not exactly the model of perfection everyone's been wishing for for the past three years.
  7. #7  
    I'd like to dribble over my Treo 600 for just a bit longer before drooling over the next one.

    But it is fun the speculate and dream I must admit... Just not in front of my baby!
  8. #8  
    what is blue jacking? and why would you want to bundle it.

    I can see palmone coming out with a camaraless device, but would that be the only change? Or would they add comething like bluetooth to keep it at the same price? Hmm.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  9. #9  
    No, he wanted anti bluejacking features. Bluejacking is basically a recent trend (especially with teenagers) of sending anonymous messages via bluetook to nearby bluetooth enabled devices.

    There's many websites dedicated to this fad now, such as this one. Bluetooth phones usually are enabled by default to allow anonymous messaging, but you can easily turn it off (it's just that most people didn't even know it was there in the first place, which made them easy targets).
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by phandel
    Hopefully: Bluetooth, 320x320, and PalmOS 6 (which comes out Dec 29, yay!): OS5->OS6 is supposedly as big of a jump as MacOS 9 to MacOS X, as PalmOS 6 is the first version to incorporate all the BeOS goodness ... here's hopin' :-)


    Thanks,
    Peter
    I don't suppose we can upgrade our Treo 600's to OS 6, right?
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by mo-bile


    I don't suppose we can upgrade our Treo 600's to OS 6, right?
    No one even seems to know how much FlashRAM the Treo 600 has. The fact that Brayder apparently isn't making their Flash apps Treo 600-compatible is a bad sign.
  12. #12  
    heh - would Bluetook be the brother of Atook - the character played by Ringo Starr in the movie 'Caveman' - ?
    (obscure old movie reference).
    And how about Barbara Bach in that movie......
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by treosensei
    1) 400 mhz arm processor
    2) 65, 000 color screen
    3) 240 x 320 pixel screen
    4) bluetooth.. with anti - bluejacking bundle... if possible
    5) 1 - 2 megapixel camera - with short video recording
    6) voice recorder... and voice to text translation software app.
    7) increased multi-tasking capability - snap photos and surf the web while on the phone... now this would be a serious device!!
    8) whats in the box... optimized headset, stylish leather case with sd slots and card slots. an all in one case!
    9) 128 mb memory
    10) mp3 player

    Don't forget the briefcase required to carry around the battery, at least if you still want 5 hour talk time

Posting Permissions