1.    #1  
    I synch my Treo to my work PC and just got the new 600. I have now entered the world of wanting to load jpg images and mp3's onto my Treo - which I didn't bother with before. I would like to do this from my home PC, but not synch my Outlook info to the home PC. What is the best way to do this? I am a little nervous about trying this because I don't want to screw up my Treo or the way it synchs with the work PC.

Also, is there a way to back up my Treo to my home PC without doing a synch to Outlook? Thanks
    You can of course not sync your Outlook by simply specifying not sync that particular conduit during the hotsync. To do this goto system>hotsync>menu>conduit setup. Then uncheck the conduits you don not want to sync...

In regards to transfering pics/mp3's, you have a few options:

1) Use the Palm Install tool to add pic/mp3's to your SD card. Just go to the install tool>click add> change the file types to *.* and then select the appropiate files. The install tool will transfer the files to the default folders during the next hotsync: mp3's to /audio and pics to /DCIM. You can then use Ptunes or whatever image viewer your using to view the pics. I like JpegView simply b/c it's freeware btw.

Note hotsync will take a long time b/c of the redundant error checking it performs. Thus you may want a speedier option as described below...

2) Probably the simplest and fastest way to transfer large amounts of multimedia files is via a SD card reader which can very inexpensively purchased. Simply copy and paste the files to the appropiate directories on the SD card and your done...

3) Another option is to transfer files to the SD card via a third party app like Card Export that allows you to mount the SD card in your Treo as a logical disk on your desktop. You would simply activate card export and then copy and paste your files to the appropiate directories on the SD card as if you had an external card reader. This is a nice solution if you don't want to get a card reader....

Hope that helps...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    does card export work on the treo 600? the readme says it doesn't work on the 90.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe
    does card export work on the treo 600? the readme says it doesn't work on the 90.
    Felipe, I've been using it for a while and it works flawlessly for me. I personally haven't had any problems...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Improved communication speed
    Added support for Handspring Treo 600
    Fixed few bugs
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Felipe, I've been using it for a while and it works flawlessly for me. I personally haven't had any problems...
    Crap, another software purchase. :-)

my sd card reader is having issues, it can read the card (sometimes), but when i try to open up the palm directory the PC says it is corrupted.

thanx.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.