1.    #1  
    I have been so very, very, careful with my new baby for the past two month, but it finally happened.

I was reaching to put something up, bumped the Treo on the edge of the kitchen counter and it suddenly dropped about 3 feet to the stone tile floor below (even the eGrips didn't help.) It bounced a couple of times on the floor, landed screen side down, the SD card ejected like a bullet and flew across the room, my heart stopped, and it just continued to retrieve my email via Snapper, without so much as a hiccup.

Once my heart started pumping again, I picked it up and I couldn't fine a scratch anywhere. Needless to say, I am very impressed. The Treo 600 is not nearly as fragile as other devices I've owned. This is one resilient little guy.... I may have to nickname him "Tuff 600."
    myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    Ive dropped mine about 5 times now, only had it a few weeks, and there is still no sign of any scuffs.

I am very impressed.

Now I must get back to the programming :-)

Cheers
    Simon
    When I can't find a football I usually just use the Treo. Same with when golfing or playing baseball. Haven't tried it as a hockey puck yet. Seriously though, thanks for sharing. I dread the day I drop it and I know it will happen because I've dropped every other phone or PDA I've had.
    I haven't dropped my unit yet, but I have gone "caseless" since I got it. The outer shell is much tougher than my T300 - not a scratch anywhere..even on the screen! Kudos to HS for getting it right this time.
    Mine fell out of my truck as I opened the door and landed on a concrete driveway. It's an F-150 4X4 with 17" wheels, so it was a bit of a drop. I noticed a scuff mark on the corner (it was in a Bellagio case), but everything still works fine. I did this after I had the thing only a couple of days.

So, the Treo 600 seems rugged enough, but I wouldn't want to do any more "tests" like that...
    I thank God that I am blessed with extremely fast reflexes. I have dropped my Treo twice pulling it out of my shirt pocket and jacket pocket. Both times, I was able to "catch" it on my foot which left it only a one inch drop to the floor (which I know it has to be able to withstand).

Anyway, I get the impression that this thing is tough as nails. I wonder if small scuffs from drops with have a bigger impact on the silver model than on the carbon one from Sprint.
    two weeks ago I left my sitting on the back of my repo truck. I had a car hooked up and started to drivemaybe 50 feet or so I needed to call the police to report the repo. i remembered where i had it last I stopped , and it had fallen off the tool box down the bed off the truck, crashed on the ground and had landed under the car I was towing. The only thing i can find wrong is the sd card door cover is gone and there is a rattle inside. I have replacement anyway, but i was impressed as I had broke the doors off of a few 300's and off my wifes 270
    Originally posted by norpah
    I have been so very, very, careful with my new baby for the past two month, but it finally happened.

I was reaching to put something up, bumped the Treo on the edge of the kitchen counter and it suddenly dropped about 3 feet to the stone tile floor below (even the eGrips didn't help.) It bounced a couple of times on the floor, landed screen side down, the SD card ejected like a bullet and flew across the room, my heart stopped, and it just continued to retrieve my email via Snapper, without so much as a hiccup.

Once my heart started pumping again, I picked it up and I couldn't fine a scratch anywhere. Needless to say, I am very impressed. The Treo 600 is not nearly as fragile as other devices I've owned. This is one resilient little guy.... I may have to nickname him "Tuff 600."
    Doh! I would have died right there on the spot! Cardiac arrest with a little frothing @ the mouth thrown in!