Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Since TC Ringer seems to be dead in the water, does anyone have a ringtone manager that works with the T600 GSM?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I heard TCRinger was complete for the T600 but the guys at Treo Central haven't decided to release it. No clue why not. No response from any email I've sent either.

Josh
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by JoshFink
    I heard TCRinger was complete for the T600 but the guys at Treo Central haven't decided to release it. No clue why not. No response from any email I've sent either.

Josh
    Thanks, but that doesn't really answer the question. I've already been to the download section and seen that it is only for the 1G Treos. If it was going to be available for the T600 it would be available now! So it's safe to say that it wont be released for the T600. SO...the question is, what is the best alternative?
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    i don't know what you mean by a ringtone manager but there's mring and mtone.

mring doesn't work on t600 yet bu ti think mtone is ready. btw does anybody know of a program like mring (allows different ringtones for individual callers or for groups)

thanks
    Originally posted by newestjazz
    i don't know what you mean by a ringtone manager but there's mring and mtone.
    thanks
    A ringtone manager is what you need to add new ringtones into your collection.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Alli

A ringtone manager is what you need to add new ringtones into your collection.
    A ringtone also, and more specifically, allows you to assign a specific ringtone to a specific number, not just a "Favorite".
    mring, ringo and tc ringer are all not ready for 600 yet. any other managers?
    Originally posted by randyg

A ringtone also, and more specifically, allows you to assign a specific ringtone to a specific number, not just a "Favorite".
    I bought TC Ringer for my 300 to add more variety of tones. That made sense.

But, from a practical point of view with respect to the other function of being able to assign those ringtones to individual contacts, I can't imagine being able to remember which of the 50 contacts in my Favorites has which ringtone, let alone trying to assign and remember them also for my other contacts. I find it hard to imagine that anyone could remember more than 50.

In addition, you can download and install ringtones directly to your Treo 600, without going through your computer, from sites such as
    http://treo600essentials.com

Therefore, so far I frankly don't really miss TCRinger on my 600.

NateS
    Last edited by NateS; 12/11/2003 at 09:09 PM.
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    If it was going to be available for the T600 it would be available now! So it's safe to say that it wont be released for the T600.
    That's not necessarily true. IIRC it took TreoCentral months and months to release TCRinger for the 300 so I'm assuming that history is simply repeating itself.
    Note that I asked about a ringtone manager, not necessarily TC Ringer.

> I'd like to know if you're planning on releasing a ringtone manager
    > for the Treo 600. I'd be more than happy to test a beta version for you.
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Mol
    >
    >
    >
    Hello -

The TC Ringer product is made by TreoCentral. Perhaps you can contact them regarding future versions. www.treocentral.com or support@treocentral.com

Regards,

Mark/Space Support
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    so far MarkSpace has not answered any of my emails. But they used to say that they made the TCRinger and that Treo Central only sell is for them. So i stick to my story, if it was going to happen, it would have happened by now. Treo Central doesn't like to respond to their emails either, at least in regards to this topic. TC is not giving any info on it so it's a dead issue.

So...anyone know of a good ringtone manager for the T600??
    You don't need a ringtone manager for the 600. Just download small midi's right from the web - or e-mail them to yourself and open them with Sounds. Goes right into your system sounds. Like magic!
    Originally posted by Alli
    You don't need a ringtone manager for the 600. Just download small midi's right from the web - or e-mail them to yourself and open them with Sounds. Goes right into your system sounds. Like magic!
    It appears there is also a ringtone manager in the Treo 600, ala TCRinger. See:'

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...724#post293724

NateS
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Please read the previous posts carefully. We are all aware how simple it is to add ringtones to the 600. However...you can only assign a ringtone to a "favorite", not to individual address entries. I want to be able to assign a ringtone to someone that's not necessarily on a favorite. THIS is the purpose of the now defunct TC Ringer.

So, i'll ask again, does anyone know of a RINGTONE MANAGER that works with the 600?
    Please read the previous posts carefully. We are all aware how simple it is to add ringtones to the 600. However...you can only assign a ringtone to a "favorite", not to individual address entries. I want to be able to assign a ringtone to someone that's not necessarily on a favorite. THIS is the purpose of the now defunct TC Ringer. . .
    Randy,

You are absolutely correct about that.

I guess I didn't consider that function because I didn't use it on TC Ringer because there were/are 50 hotkey slots and there was no way I was capable of remembering different ringtones assigned to even 50 contacts in hotkeys, let alone venturing beyond that number. And if a contact was not important enough for me to assign a hotkey to, I frankly didn't care what their ringtone might be even if I could give them one.

What I did like was/is being able to assign a Hitchcock "mystery" ringtone to anyone who was not in my contacts, but I find that function is also built in without TC Ringer.

Anyone with the ability to remember 50 or more different ringtone assignments deserves my admiration. I wish I had that kind of memory, as I can think of many ways that could come in handy for many things in life beyond using my Treo.

Regards,

NateS
    I want to be able to assign ringtones to groups of users: family, friends, colleagues, customers, etc. That's why I'd expect a ringtone manager to do.

Even my old Sony Z5 had this as a built-in feature.
    Originally posted by Mol
    I want to be able to assign ringtones to groups of users: family, friends, colleagues, customers, etc. That's why I'd expect a ringtone manager to do.

Even my old Sony Z5 had this as a built-in feature.
    Oh . . . I get your point. I hadn't thought of that.

Yes, that would be very useful.

NateS
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast