1.    #1  
    Just wondering if I should go ahead and purchase the High-Performance Headset from HS.

1. Is the sound quality better than the one bundled with the T600? With the bundled headset, the sounds tend to sound muffled: is it any better on the High-Performance Headset?

2. How many bands are there on the metal portion of the jack? Because 2 bands indicate mono, 3 indicates stereo.

3. How does it compare to other manufacturers' headsets; i.e. Nokia, etc.

Would appreciate the help.
    Thanks.
    I have one on order. Should get it this Friday. I did the same kind of search you're doing, and from what I can tell, everyone agreed that the HP headset is much better than the standard one that shipped with the Treo. I bought mine from Treocentral for 9.95.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

1. Is the sound quality better than the one bundled with the T600? With the bundled headset, the sounds tend to sound muffled: is it any better on the High-Performance Headset?
    I got the High-Performance Headset and it definitely sounds clearer (less muffled) than the bundled one. People on the other end also say I sound clearer as well.
    The high performance headset is definitely a BIG difference than the one that came with the set. What a ripoff. I paid $499.00 for a Treo 600 via AT&T Wireless and all it came with was a charger, headset and USB cable w/sync software. You'd figure Handspring would throw in that extra $15 high performance headset for free. Also, just to hear your MP3's, Handspring wants you to dish out another $6. Is this company (which is now newly owned or merged) that strapped for cash?

The headset is exactly what the item description says. You truly get landline if not better sounding calls with this headset. Despite throwing down more $$ for an already overpriced unit, I was satisfied.
    "What good is a smartphone when it's MORE smart and LESS phone?"
    I tried out a few different earbuds today, comparing and contrasting to the one bundled with the T600. I have to say that the bundled one sounds the WORST of all that I've tried.

Eventually I'll get the Shure Quiet Spot...but for now, the one (totally generic) I found is a BIG improvement. I can't imagine anything being worse than the one bundled with the unit.