Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Note from TC: This post is from last year. The headset has since been re-designed, and the issues have been resolved.

I am talking especifically about the Seidio Hands Free Stereo Headphones for Treo 600
    https://www.seidioonline.com/Product...ode=HMESVOT-SL

See thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...0&pagenumber=1

where on 11/14 they had the product available and shipping, and also showed that the one touch button worked (to hang up and answer)

we were lured into ordering this deviced only to find on 11/17 that it was backordered and did not begin shipping until 12/05 and then it did said that the one touch button did not worked. we were given $10 off for our troubles.

One we got them, we come to find out the mic does not work. This is not a fluke all 5 that have posted so far have had the same problem.

now the returning process begins.
    andres
    i coulda told you that. a 3pin connector just will not support a mic and stereo. not feasable unless the headset can dynamically switch...such a device would be expensive...$100ish.
    Seido is a shady company to deal with. They came to us, courted us for a week, emailed us a great price list where we could sell their products at a nice discount, then backed out of it after we placed our order. They wanted to almost double the prices they offered us. I have never seen a vendor onr manufacturer do this before.

Larry
    a 3pin connector just will not support a mic and stereo
    It can if you have a switch between the mic and the L channel. I was probably a bit naive in thinking that seidio had done that, but then again the info on their web page is almost worthless.
    Bored? Visit my <a href = "http://www.darrenking.com">website </a>
    I ordered one based on this recomendation
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/P...et-122-74-.htm

Had it not been for their recomendation I would not have ordered one. How can they review a product without testing it?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Originally posted by rc46
    I ordered one based on this recomendation
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/P...et-122-74-.htm

Had it not been for their recomendation I would not have ordered one. How can they review a product without testing it?
    Actually, it's obvious they didn't review it, they just posted Sedio's propaganda. Sorry you got suckered by Seidio - not Treocentral - like me.
    Here's my post again from another thread. I felt like I needed to repeat myself.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...0&pagenumber=3

just received and....

The mic does NOT work!!

I rarely speak out of products, but this thing is a piece of CRAP!

First to the poster who thinks the mic is working. Plug the headphones in and then put the Treo in your pocket or cover the Treo mic on the back with the palm of your hand. Now talk directly into the mic on the cord.

Why do they SUCK, let me count the ways:
    1. mic doesn't work
    2. answer/hang up button doesn't work(they admitted after we ordered)
    3. CHEAP thin plastic design
    4. sound quality poor (iPod buds blow it away)
    5. uncomfortable in ears

What do I like:
    1. plugs in without adapter.

MY suggestion is don't buy. They are just a cheap pair of stereo headphones. Spend that $25 on a good set.

total disappointment

Until Seidio comes forward and admits their (mistake?) pulls the product off their site, and gives a FULL refund to the ones they suckered I think we should ALL BOYCOTT. I know they advertise with TC but this is BAD business.

any thoughts
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    My order for that headset is "in its final stages and can't be edited" Grrrrr...

I wished that I had seen the posts about it a few days ago..

Steve
    sorry doc, but they just started shipping. Refuse FedEx, and demand a refund. Or call your CC company and tell them not to pay. Cry Fraud!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Add this to your list of "Why do they SUCK, let me count the ways:"

6. They are not stereo. *Both* MP3 and phone audio are MONO.
    Originally posted by backdoc
    My order for that headset is "in its final stages and can't be edited" Grrrrr...

I wished that I had seen the posts about it a few days ago..

Steve
    If you call them they may still be able to cancel the order. I did that first thing Monday morning, and was able to cancel. Now I only hope that Skullcandy comes through and succeeds where Seidio failed.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I called them and cancelled it.

Thanks guys.

Steve
    These are the same problems I have with a colby headset that I got. I thought Seidio would make a product that would work. Oh well.
    I just called and canceled my order also. Thanks for the information everyone. I'm sorry the product dosn't work, because the customer service rep was great.
    Are you guys telling them why you're cancelling?
    Do they know yet that everyone is on to them?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I just received mine and can confirm that the microphone does NOT work and the headset is NOT stereo.

I think we should all send them back and demand that they pay for shipping it back and refund all our money, including shipping.
    Jeff
    I just got off the phpne with them. I cancelled.

They say the phones are "not exactly stereo" and wanted to tell me what that meant (as if there was any confusion on what Stereo means).

They say they have shipped plenty but few have come back. They must not have arrived yet...

I told them, that the product as she described it does not match the web site, and is unfit for MP3s or phone useage - so why would I want it? She told me that I get $10 off - so "it's worth a try" -- I disagreed...

Yuk -

Jeff
    I called and they told me it already shipped. I think they were getting so many cancellations that they just told me that so I can't cancel. NO MORE SEIDIO FOR ME!!! They better refund me everything when I send the shipment back unopened or or or or ........................... @^$(@%(*%)
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    If it's shipped then you can simply ask for your tracking #.
    If they don't have one, than..well.. it wasn't shipped.
    Originally posted by wikka
    If it's shipped then you can simply ask for your tracking #.
    If they don't have one, than..well.. it wasn't shipped.
    I did ask, and she said it takes a day for the tracking # to register after shipment. Boy they know all the answers except how to make a good product.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast