1.    #1  
    My old Palm Vx (which I dropped one too many times, hence my new t600) had a Preferences option for display/power staying on in the cradle.

I can't seem to find the same thing on the Treo 600... anybody know where it is or know a utility that does it?
    My loyal T600 buddy beamed me 'OnCradleOn" yesterady and it works great. I'd try a google search, since I couldn't even begin to tell you how to get it...
    Originally posted by RawData
    My loyal T600 buddy beamed me 'OnCradleOn" yesterady and it works great. I'd try a google search, since I couldn't even begin to tell you how to get it...
    I used OnCradleOn on my Prism and it work. It also worked on the 300, but there was some kind of issue (can't remember) you might want to search TC.

Beware of screen burn-in.

did it for you
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...nCradleON.html
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Hmmm... Interesting read.... Since I only really use the cradle here at the office or when I sync at home (sits near the bed connected to the charger at night), and I'm up and down from my desk all day and not about to leave a T6 sitting around the cube environment, my case might not be too bad. Others are abviously up to them and their use...

Though I have to agree that doing without for two days to get rid of any burn-in would be very difficult...
    Just use a screen saver to prevent the screen burn issue!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Just use a screen saver to prevent the screen burn issue!
    Does this program work properly with the treo600?
    of course you could always use SplashPhoto from http://www.splashdata.com
    It has a feature to run your fav pics while in the cradle.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  8.    #8  
    I wasn't aware that LCD screens could have screen burn-in like a phosphor CRT... is this possible?

Originally posted by imageone

I used OnCradleOn on my Prism and it work. It also worked on the 300, but there was some kind of issue (can't remember) you might want to search TC.

Beware of screen burn-in.

did it for you
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...nCradleON.html
    I've had my Sony Clie and Compaq iPaq on for days at a time without burn in. Now, the backlight might go out.....
    Funny - I have the exact opposite issue: my 600 started a funky thing the other day - the screen won't go OFF in the cradle (or when any kind of power is applied), and I want it to.
    So - maybe we should trade our devices.
    (no, I'm not running OnCradleOn - heh heh).
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by nrosser
    Funny - I have the exact opposite issue: my 600 started a funky thing the other day - the screen won't go OFF in the cradle (or when any kind of power is applied), and I want it to.
    So - maybe we should trade our devices.
    (no, I'm not running OnCradleOn - heh heh).
    I just got over my fear of screen burn-in with OnCradleOn. When I know device will be in cradle for extended period without needing to see it (e.g. overnight), I'll just press the power button to turn off the device in the cradle. Simple, eh?
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
    "Paper Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003)"

One of the more bizarre products I've seen on a retailer's shelf recently was a paper Daytimer...with a special holder on the inside cover for your Palm Pilot!
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by polscphd2b
    "Paper Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003)"

One of the more bizarre products I've seen on a retailer's shelf recently was a paper Daytimer...with a special holder on the inside cover for your Palm Pilot!
    There are a number of people who just use Palm devices as address books and calendars, writing and keeping notes in a loose-leaf binder.

I agree that holder is silly. I keep a very slim pad-holder in my briefcase for taking extensive written notes, but i rarely use it.
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed

Does this program work properly with the treo600?
    I was able to install the Program but the screensavers themselves did not load. I kept getting error messages.

I tried Splashclock and didn't like it. Maybe it was because of the Trial but I didn't like the way it operated. Plus couldn't get my pics to work on it.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Originally posted by GeekyMom
    I was able to install the Program but the screensavers themselves did not load. I kept getting a error messages.

I tried Splashclock and didn't like it. Maybe it was because of the Trial but I didn't like the way it operated. Plus could not load up my pics onto it.
    OOPS, this new Grinch screensaver is cool but his finger cursor is getting in the way. -LOL
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    /snip:

I just got over my fear of screen burn-in with OnCradleOn. When I know device will be in cradle for extended period without needing to see it (e.g. overnight), I'll just press the power button to turn off the device in the cradle. Simple, eh?
    /snip

Doesn't matter if device is turned on or off, the screen still turns on by itself after about 45 seconds when any external power is applied.

So, um, no - not that simple (I had tried that way back).
    Yea, I've also noticed that it's not just the cradle... If you hook power up to it, like the included charger cable, it comes on then, too...

So either you turn off OnCradleOn when you don't want your device on or you don't have the device on in the cradle. Either way, it's back to the drawing board...