1.    #1  
    I am confused.

I have successfully used SMS on my Treo (Cingular version using with TMo). Now, when I send a message to my xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net account, it comes in as MMS, lacking the text of the message.

This happened after I used T-Zones and after having used email a little.

What did I screw up? How can I fix it?

Thanks
    I had (have?) the exact same problem starting yesterday. (Same set-up as you.)

Talking to the t-mo wireless tech person revealed that they were having "many" problems with MMS and SMS yesterday. I'm waiting to try it later on today to see what happens. If I see any improvement, I'll post - pls. do the same.
    Originally posted by me0000
    I am confused.

I have successfully used SMS on my Treo (Cingular version using with TMo). Now, when I send a message to my xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net account, it comes in as MMS, lacking the text of the message.

This happened after I used T-Zones and after having used email a little.

What did I screw up? How can I fix it?

Thanks
    The MMS I sent to myself arrived as an SMS, sans-picture or a link to the picture.

This is the 1st time I tried it and I was expecting to get the MMS in the MMS application of course.
    Here's my current (somewhat exhaustive) status:

1) SMS <-> EMAIL: DOES NOT WORK - I'll send an email from work, and receive it as an SMS. I'll reply back no problem. From then on, I'll receive messages in my SMS inbox with no text. But the rest of the msg. is still threaded and viewable, if I send it back to work email. (Outlook, btw.)

2) EMAIL <-> MMS: DOES NOT WORK - I sent an email with an image attachment (jpg) to the phone, and it was received in my MMS mailbox. I replied to the MMS, and received a perfectly formed response in my mailbox. Interestingly enough, if I respond to this email, I receive an MMS msg with no text.

3) MMS <-> MMS: OK - I sent an MMS to myself, and it worked. If I reply to it, it also worked. If I reply again, I also receive the text.

4) SMS <-> SMS: OK - I sent an SMS to myself, and it worked. If I reply to it, it also worked. If I reply again, I also receive the text.

Summary: it seems as if responses to responses across platforms don't include text of any kind. I haven't spoken to tmo yet.

Any ideas? Shared experiences?
    Last edited by Snoring Dog; 12/11/2003 at 02:56 PM.
    Called T-Mo this morning...they are having major issues with their SMS/MMS service. According to the CSR I spoke with, this has been going on since 12/1 although I didn't experience any problems until the night before last. They're working on it as fast as they can. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.
    wondering if this problem is still effecting people with tmo? when i send an email to my number@tmomail.net, rather than have it come up as an sms, it comes up as an mms w/o the body. This also means that programs that use the sms system to initiate mail push aren't going to work...
    Originally posted by Alli
    Called T-Mo this morning...they are having major issues with their SMS/MMS service. According to the CSR I spoke with, this has been going on since 12/1 although I didn't experience any problems until the night before last. They're working on it as fast as they can. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.
    Many times when there is a problem, and this is with any carrier, it may not be widespread enough where a lot of people are having the same problem at the same time.

Sometimes the problem gets corrected and there is a bunch of folks out there that didnt have a clue that anything was out of sync because the problem never hit them.
    ~ ScandaLous ~