1.    #1  
    I just installed Minutes Plus yesterday and I was so impressed with its power I thought I would let everyone know about it.

I used to use cell plan tracker on my old Treo, but to me Minutes Plus is much better. For one it rounds your minutes up just like the phone company which gives a much more accurate count, it even tells you how many minutes they are "gipping" you on each month with the difference.

Another feature it has over cell plan tracker is you can go back a lot of billing cycles instead of just one to see your calling patterns. It will let you setup minute counting for any plan that I have seen on the market. I was even able to setup a separate bucket for mobile to mobile using certain prefixes. The billing cycles are automatically switched at the end of each cycle. In addition to all of that it will alarm you if you use over a specified # of minutes, and the screen is totally customizable so you can see exactly what you want to.

He has another program on his site too that is really great:
    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/

It is called directory assistant.
    It is an app for finding personal phone #'s and addresses and then will call them, make a contact out of it, or give you driving directions. You can even choose the address from any contact in the driving directions menu. It uses 555-1212 for the contact info and Mapquest for the directions. Even though you can go to a website and retrieve all of this info, using a program like this is much faster and integrate with the phonebook.

This is first writing a post about any programs, I was just impressed with them especially since they are free. I even sent him a donation.

I also recommend zlauncher. The ability it has to automatically move programs to memory card and all related databases, and create a link, is worth it alone. I looked at launcher x and liked zlauncher better, I didn't see any feature that launcher x could do that zlauncher couldn't and launcher x is $6 more. There is another thread about how to see the battery % without removing the stylus, the solution I found was to use zlauncher and with a one button push you can view the battery %.

Sorry if there are any typos in this post, it was too long to go back and reread. I've got to go.
    Originally posted by jbronner
    I just installed Minutes Plus yesterday and I was so impressed with its power I thought I would let everyone know about it.

I used to use cell plan tracker on my old Treo, but to me Minutes Plus is much better.
    Download this app immediately. And send the developer a thank you (or better yet, some money) for his efforts.

LauncherX is buggy. I've done back to Launcher III.
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra
    And send the developer a thank you (or better yet, some money) for his efforts.
    Quoted for truth. Rick Whitt is the guy that made Directory Assistant (which is avilable on the same page posted by jbronner) -- he totally rocks.
    This is wait its all about...free software that works well (Better then some titles you must pay for) ..all worth the while to donate to the cause!

-CK
    Minutes Plus is one of the coolest and most customizable programs I've ever used. WELL worth the download and the time spent customizing it.

This is a must for all Sprint Treo owners!
    i am not getting good results with minutes plus [mp] or for that matter cell plan tracker [cpt]. i have installed cpt trial and mp together to tryo to judge which suits my needs better. after three days, there's a 20 minutes discrepancy between the two and what's more, these two times are also different from the one i see from sprint's web page. For me cpt overcounts free calls; i have explicitly put *2 as a free number but cpt insists on counting minutes from *2. mp stops counting minutes after it reached 59 minutes; i have no idea why. note that these are unlimited minutes i am talking about (i haven't had a chance to use my limited minutes) even though i don't really need the unlimited counter to work, it still bugs me why it suddenly stopped after 59.

anyway, has anybody tried both programs together at the same time? maybe there's a conflict for both to work simultaneously?

thanks
    Originally posted by newestjazz
    i am not getting good results with minutes plus [mp] or for that matter cell plan tracker [cpt]. i have installed cpt trial and mp together to tryo to judge which suits my needs better. after three days, there's a 20 minutes discrepancy between the two and what's more, these two times are also different from the one i see from sprint's web page. For me cpt overcounts free calls; i have explicitly put *2 as a free number but cpt insists on counting minutes from *2. mp stops counting minutes after it reached 59 minutes; i have no idea why. note that these are unlimited minutes i am talking about (i haven't had a chance to use my limited minutes) even though i don't really need the unlimited counter to work, it still bugs me why it suddenly stopped after 59.

anyway, has anybody tried both programs together at the same time? maybe there's a conflict for both to work simultaneously?

thanks
    I have tried them both. Neither one claims to be entirely accurate (nor can they be due to many factors), but I ended up choosing MP after I realized the benefit of setting up my own screen with exactly what I want/need.

BTW, just put 2 instead of *2 in CPT to get it not to count that #
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I just came across Minutes Plus referenced on another thread and thought it looked exceptionally cool. I downloaded v1.04 and installed it.

The first run came up okay and started the preferences screen like it's supposed to. However, every subsequent run crashes my T600. ##377 says "fatal exception" in Minutes Plus. I tried deleting and reinstalling several times with the same result each time.

Anyone else encounter/solve this? I would love to try this cool looking app.

ERic
    I received an email from the developer. He is working on finding a solution. I hope he does. I used it on my Kyocera and found it very useful.
    I am having the same problem as ericJ, installed and ran the first time, but now causes a soft reset every time i try to launch it. I hope a fix comes out, becuase logging onto Sprint's website takes forever, and using up phone minutes to find out how many phone minutes i've used also stinks!!
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I like minutes plus but I cannot get an "adjustment" to save no matter what I do. Any pointers?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I got the message from Rick (the developer) about debugging the crash-on-start problem. I tried the install and startup one more time just for kicks and this time it worked! As far as I can tell the only thing that changed was that I was now just past the start date of a new billing cycle. So now I've setup my custom screens and am looking forward to watching it track my minutes....

ERic
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by wcarlson40

I have tried them both. Neither one claims to be entirely accurate (nor can they be due to many factors), but I ended up choosing MP after I realized the benefit of setting up my own screen with exactly what I want/need.

BTW, just put 2 instead of *2 in CPT to get it not to count that #
    [/QUOT

For simple minutes used information, why would one use these minute tracker programs when your minutes can be accesed quickly and accurately via the treo at sprint?