Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    www.kalemsoft.com

At last! I've been checking the site every day. Looks like I'm the first to pass it on here! Woohoo!

I'm a little dissappointed because it doesn't look like they've implemented full screen on the Treo 600 yet (NesEm), but it's good to know that it's still a work in progress. I'll have to give the new betas a try.

P.S. I made sure to post in the correct forum, which means that nobody will notice it and that I predict there will be a duplicate post in the Treo 600 hardware forum.
    Thanks for the update dpuza. Tried it out myself. Kalemsoft is definitely heading towards the right direction with this new beta build. Most of my games now have less slow down and audio doesn't seem to stutter as much. Now that they bumped up the resolution just a tiny bit (by taking out the top menu buttons), graphics look much better, like Kid Icarus, Rush N Attack, and Contra.

However, I had a few games that went a step backwards with this new beta version. The graphics on Ninja Gaiden and Mike Tyson's Punch Out got worst. I even get more stuttering audio in Punch Out.

One thing I liked about the previous version that got taken out in this new beta version is the ability to assign a button to the keyboard. Before I was able to map out the A and B buttons to the period key and Return key (This way, my thumbs are more far apart, which feels more confortable to me). Now I can't assign them to those keys anymore. But at least I can use the Lock key now.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    It looks like I was wrong, the games now do fill the entire screen and look much better! It's more like the Gizmo program now, with the icons at the bottom, but at least there is no unused black border. Some games do have a tiny sliver of unused black space on the left (Boy and his Blob), but some don't (Contra).

The new resolution scaling in this beta version makes the program really usable on the Treo 600 rather than just a novelty. In the previous version I could not make out any in-game text, now I can make out just about all the text.

I've left a lot of feedback to the authors about this after the beta release the other day and they've been *very* responsive.

Also both programs are much faster now. Previously I would play Sonic on Gizmo and it would play, but chug along such that it wasn't that impressive. Now Sonic really flys like he should!