1.    #1  
    I tried out a 600 at the Sprint store today and had a couple of questions. I could only find a SMS program and not an email program, does the email program come on the customer units or is it extra? The camera is 640 x 180 and the phone is 160 x 160, there didn't seem to be a way to see the pictures full size. The photo program didn't seem to let you do much other than let you see them fitted to the screen and send a mms message. Can it do more? Does the mp3 program come with the unit or is it extra? Does Documents to go come with the unit? Is there any other third party software that comes bundled?
    Originally posted by smartin19
    I tried out a 600 at the Sprint store today and had a couple of questions. I could only find a SMS program and not an email program, does the email program come on the customer units or is it extra? The camera is 640 x 180 and the phone is 160 x 160, there didn't seem to be a way to see the pictures full size. The photo program didn't seem to let you do much other than let you see them fitted to the screen and send a mms message. Can it do more? Does the mp3 program come with the unit or is it extra? Does Documents to go come with the unit? Is there any other third party software that comes bundled?
    I can only speak for the UK GSM models, but:

1) It comes with a built-in e-mail application
    2) The camera is 640x480, not 640x180
    3) You are fairly limited in your picture manipulation abilities with the built-in stuff. You can view photos (they are scaled to fit the display), reduce their size, and draw stuff on them using the built-in MMS software - the picture need downsizing to 160x120 for this. You will need 3rd party software if you want anything more sophisticated.
    4) There is no mp3 player supplied with the 600, but if you register at the Handspring (now, Palm, I suppose) you can download PocketTunes for free.
    5) It does come with some ToGo bits, which are, I believe, for handling documents embedded in e-mails, but I haven't used them myself.
    6) Bundled software depends on the provided - Orange phones come with, for example, Wireless backup and restore apps, and Sprint phones come with something called Business Connections (I think that's what it's called), but they all seem to come with the normal set of PalmOS apps, and a few games.