1.    #1  
    Can you set the Blazer Home Page to be an HTML file that is ON THE TREO ITSELF?
    ...and is there anyway to get the browser to read any pages (html) from memory (or the card)? I can't seem to sync an html file into the T600 at all.

Bill S
    Originally posted by tvBilly
    ...and is there anyway to get the browser to read any pages (html) from memory (or the card)? I can't seem to sync an html file into the T600 at all.

Bill S
    If you want to do offline web browsing, then you're better off using something like Plucker imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'd like to be able to do this aswell, simply as a way to be able to open Blazer without having to open some page every time. It's eating into my already paltry GPRS allowance... It'd be much nicer to be able to load a local page on startup and then let me choose the page I want to download.
    Originally posted by dshirley
    I'd like to be able to do this aswell, simply as a way to be able to open Blazer without having to open some page every time. It's eating into my already paltry GPRS allowance... It'd be much nicer to be able to load a local page on startup and then let me choose the page I want to download.
    Go to the Preferences in Blazer. You can pick the initial view to be web or favourites. If you set it to favourites, it will not load the current homepage when you run it up, but take you straight to the favourites screen. It may still try to establish a GPRS connection on run-up, but this will cost you nothing as no data is being transferred.
    Thanks; hadn't noticed that before.

Regards,
    --Mathew
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

If you want to do offline web browsing, then you're better off using something like Plucker imo...
    It's not that I want to browse offline. I like to build my own personal homepage with links that are important to me (without having to use any of my 50 favorites).

I am frustrated by the slow web browsing on a smartphone (the Treo 600 is my first). I set Blazer to ignore images, and now I get a screen load full of rather large and unsightly (image icons) Even on so-called mobile optimized homepages like the one that was set as the default page on my Cingular Treo. I would like to create a TRUELY Text-only homepage for myself.

On my PC I do something similar, and point my browser to C:\Documents and Settings\MyName\My Documents\MyDashboard.htm **Does Blazer allow me to reference a local file?**
    bump
    Couldn't you just create a page once out on the web, then save the page on the device, and specify that page as the home page... I'll have to try it on mine...
    Somone told me that they were able to load a local page by putting it on an SD card, and then go to a URL like file://localhost/path/to/file.html, but I haven't tried that myself.
    Originally posted by eskin
    Couldn't you just create a page once out on the web, then save the page on the device, and specify that page as the home page... I'll have to try it on mine...
    I tried it and it works.