Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Though it may be too late for your Treo, I find this service to be great for anything you want to get back. FYI: I put a sticker from this company on my T300 last year and never lost it...kind of like "Nock on Wood" insurance. I'll do the same for my T600.

http://www.stuffbak.com

###
    We saw your thread about your losing your Treo's. Maybe we can prevent it from happening again.

Tracer Tags would like to give away 200 of our portable electronics tags to PDA & Cell Phone users.

The first 200 people to email us at sales@tracertags.com will receive the tags. All you will need to do is send us a self addressed stamped envelope. We will send you the mailing address in the email. We are only asking that you tag your PDA and activate the tags when you receive them.

Happy Holidays

Tracer Tags
    Originally posted by Tracer
    We saw your thread about your losing your Treo's. Maybe we can prevent it from happening again.

Tracer Tags would like to give away 200 of our portable electronics tags to PDA & Cell Phone users.

The first 200 people to email us at sales@tracertags.com will receive the tags. All you will need to do is send us a self addressed stamped envelope. We will send you the mailing address in the email. We are only asking that you tag your PDA and activate the tags when you receive them.

Happy Holidays

Tracer Tags
    Thank you and Happy Holidays!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Thanks for the offer!

Happy Holidays to all of you too!
    myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    Stealing a persons Treo is like kidnapping once family. It's just not right!

But you have reminded me to ring Orange UK to arrange for insurance. 5 p/m suddenly doesn't seem that much to pay. That and regular backups!

Again - my condolences... Dude...
    Originally posted by Tracer
    ... We are only asking that you tag your PDA and activate the tags when you receive them.
    I sent Tracer Tags a response:
    I would like to take advantage of your offer, with one caveat. That being, my Treo 600 is only 4 days old. I would like to use it for 30 days to be sure that I don't have to return it. After which I would affix the tag. This way, I would not void any warrantees, etc.

Writing the warrantee statement, prompted another question. Will affixing the tag (the removal of which would "deface" the product) void any longer term warrantees with handspring?
    Their response was to send me their address and an answer to my question:
    I am sorry I cannot answer the question you posed regarding your warranty. But I can tell you that if you really want ANY self adhesive tag off all you need to do is take a hair dryer to it. Once the glue is semi-liquefied it will come off.
    Our tags are used to identify your property and motivate a finder to return your belongings if you lose them. Look on our website www.tracertags.com for all the extra benefits of using our tags.
    My defacement question came from a statement in the FAQ section of their website.
    Q. Are Tracer Tags a Theft Deterrent?
    A. Studies have indicated that tagging or marking your belongings is very beneficial in the retrieval process. A determined criminal can take any tag off but will proceed to deface the item in the process, making the resale process more difficult.
    Learned something new today. I can use these tags and return my Treo (God Forbit) without defacing the product.
    Glad to be of assistance.
    Tell a friend about our offer.
    Originally posted by TR30
    I'm very sorry to hear that, gorillapond. There has to be a way to get your phone back! Don't give up! Did you report this to the police? Doesn't the Treo 600 have Augmented GPS, where the carrier is able to track down its location? Those bastards need to be caught!
    Can't you notify Sprint to:

1) Cancel your cell service
    2) Notify you when/if someone tries to subscribe the phone using the ESN registered to you
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12