1.    #1  
    I've heard so many horror stories about Sprint customer service that I'm not sure I want to go down this road...

What's more, I'm going to be asking them to port my Boston Verizon Wireless number to Sprint, even though my billing address is in another state now.

I've been told that I may be able to pull it off, if I can point them to a separate "coverage address" in Boston.
    I ordered mine on Nov 29th and I'm posting this reply with my new Treo 600
    George
    I must admit, after all I've been reading about defective Treo 600 devices and PCS Vision problems, I'm a little concerned. I just got mine today and it's still charging. I'm thinking positively though... I know I'm going to enjoy using it.
    Palm, I've been a Sprint user for years and had the same fears. THey never seem to get aything right the first time. But pretty much everything went well. Enjoy the phone. It is awesome!
    Just pretend you're at your old address. Don't even chance it. Give them all your "current" billing information. Once it's activated, change your info.

My problem boiled down to differences in Sprint's system and the old carrier (T-Mobiles)

Just, KISS.. (keep it simple, silly) Then, once it's 100% working, xfer it to your new address.

Cory.
    well heres a little taste from me then
    Activation probs

And an update. yay.

Since I was able to talk to sprint through their *2 customer service somehow - I decided to call all day and rack up their bill. Good times -no not really. Each rep told me something totally different, stupid things like take off your battery; your phone isnít working (after me telling them multiple times that I'm talking to them on it).

I ended up hitting the Sprint store on the way home, Iím really glad I did. The customer service rep didnít really know crap about it, but she was really nice. Her boss came out and I had a talk with him - he really knew what he was talking about. He said vision was having huuuge problems right now and it might be working tomorrow if Iím lucky. I left my phone with them to reprogram and re provision while Iím at work tomorrow. Hopefully it will be all good when I get home tomorrow night.

Despite all this, Iíve kept my hopes high and my mood hasnít gone down much. I've been able to use the treo 600 throughout all of this and try out the features and itís great. From using the speakerphone while driving through traffic, to playing a game of zap when I was bored. The keyboard does take some getting usto, but for its small size its really awesome, the more you use it the better it becomes. I forgot to mention the battery usage! I was on the phone with sprint for 3-4 hrs today and used the palm itself for 30 or so mins. The battery usage was only at 32% after that! Im really impressed, i also know its not a bug- the usage was going down properly as i used it.

Ahh well, when Sprint fails you -just try to find some good in what you have.
    My activation with Sprint went just fine. Was on the phone for about 10 minutes and that was it (although I already had a Sprint account and was simply switching service from the old Treo 300 to the 600). Within 2 minutes of when I hung up, both the voice and vision services were working just fine.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    "Be afraid. Be very afraid." The Fly

No. Not really. If you spent some 18 hours (really 18 minutes) with Sprint USUALLY they truck you to freedom.

Really, do not be afraid. Buy the Treo 600 and Sprint will support you!
    Five minutes on the phone for me and up and running totally in two. No problems!

Ben

Originally posted by gusher1
    My activation with Sprint went just fine. Was on the phone for about 10 minutes and that was it (although I already had a Sprint account and was simply switching service from the old Treo 300 to the 600). Within 2 minutes of when I hung up, both the voice and vision services were working just fine.
    I was an early treo 300 adopter - loved it until I had problems - which I won't EVEN go into.

As soon as the Treo 600 came out I got one, and it's a great phone! but... It died on me two weeks ago today. I called Handspring/Palmone since I bought it directly from them (to avoid the Sprint runaround), and they said call sprint it's not our phone! After two weeks I still can't get a replacement. Sprint has ordered me a "refurbished" unit, but it's on backorder.

I went down to Best Buy and bought another T600 yesterday, and activated it on another account so I'd at least have a phone. Guess what?! It won't provision! I've called Sprint, and they told me to wait 24 hours before calling them, and it may take 5 or 6 days for Vision to come up. WTF!!! I can call them using *2 but nothing else.

Sprint is great as long as you're up and running, but if the phone or service goes down, you better prepare for quite a few LOOOOONG hours on the phone with them.
    Every reason to be concerned

Im in the same boat as you. Out of state company pays bills under my name. Tried porting from AT&T on Nov 24. Still waiting. No resolution in site.

The T600 is great and I cant really blame anyone as this is the effect of being on the bleeding edge, but its frustrating nonetheless as there is no accountability anywhere.

On the bright side, my old phone still works so its not like Im left without service. You may as well go for it, you just may have to wait for a while (and deal with being on hold alot!)
  12.    #12  
    Keep me posted on your experience.

The web site claims I'll be ported early tomorrow morning.

Did you monitor that thing? Is there any reason to believe there might be any truth to it?

The rep this morning said they had a "code 7A" message from Verizon - a request for information. Any idea what that might be?
    The web site claims I'll be ported early tomorrow morning.
    Baahhaa hahaha haha hahahah ... Sorry. That was the funniest thing Ive heard all week.

Actually, anything is possible, but Ive been told it would be up and running at X time about 6 times now. I ported from AT&T which had some major issues off the bat, so they were to blame for some of it. Sprint has earned its share of blame since then. Most annoying is not waiting on hold, but getting sent to phone purgatory after 30 minutes and having to start over.

Did you monitor that thing? Is there any reason to believe there might be any truth to it?.
    Yeah - Told me Id be active in 3 ... 2 .. 1 hours right before it would say my account was invalid and I had to start all over again.

The rep this morning said they had a "code 7A" message from Verizon - a request for information. Any idea what that might be?
    Probably means that the info that you gave Sprint doesnt match EXACTLY to what your old carrier has. Might mean "Street" is abbreviated on one side and not the other. Might mean you gave a 5 digit zip but the old carrier had updated it to the 9 digit zip. Who knows. They certainly dont. One thing I DO know ... If everything isnt *perfect*, the port wont happen.

After absolutely verifying that everything matched correctly and still getting dinged yesterday, we decided that the systems must be case sensative. The only difference was that my account name was in all uppercase on AT&T and not on Sprint. Its guesswork at this point as to what the definitive problem is.

My next port date is Saturday at 11:00AM. They assure me it will really work this time (just like they have the past 3 times.

Oh well, Ive actually found the humor in it at this point. I think when it finally ports Im gonna throw a party!!! Ill probably get drunk and drop my phone in a tiolet. (See the insurance thread)
    Hey, how bout when each of us gets connected FINALLY -we all get drunk and take pics with the treo. Post em here =)