Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by jaytee
    My Piel Frama case will only autoanswer if I _really_ tighten up the flip cover strap.
    Hehe... my solution for my Piel Frama is completely the opposite. If I really tighten the flip cover, I don't get the auto answer problem. I found out that the bulge underneath the flip cover (where the magnetic strap meets the flip cover) was the reason for the problem. So if I tighten it up, the bulge doesn't touch the space bar key.
    If we have to work this hard to make it a problem... it isn't (a problem).

Originally posted by TR30

Hehe... my solution for my Piel Frama is completely the opposite. If I really tighten the flip cover, I don't get the auto answer problem. I found out that the bulge underneath the flip cover (where the magnetic strap meets the flip cover) was the reason for the problem. So if I tighten it up, the bulge doesn't touch the space bar key.
    Originally posted by TR30

Nope... not yet. I sent them an email late Friday, asking the status of my case. And I kinda complained too because someone there told me it was suppose to arrive sometime last week. I'm expecting a reply back today. I'll keep you guys posted.
    My wife sent them an email this morning and got a similar email saying:

We have received a large shipment of cases in today and it will ship
    out today, thank you.

It's an amazing coincidence that everytime someone emails them to inquire about their case, they just happen to be receiving the shipment with their case in it - ready for shipment - that very same day. What strange cosmic forces are at work!
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I think this would be the perfect case if it allowed access to the 5-way button. I love the clear opening to see who's calling, but it looks like you need to open it to answer or ignore the call. Is that right?
    Last edited by davsug; 12/18/2003 at 10:40 AM.
    Hopefully this is an exception to the rule, but I got my case today and it leaves much to be desired. I'm talking about craftsmanship here - the corners and holes just don't fall right into place. The headphone hole is completely off, the reset hole is quite off, and even the hotsync cable connector is not lined up. Keep in mind I have the Sprint version of the Treo, with the earspeaker bump, and it appears to be a big part of the problem. The worst part about it is, every now and then, a lower corner of the case slips off. This again may be at least partially due to the earspeaker bulge.

Overall, I can't recommend it for Sprint users.
    Last edited by cosmicpatriot; 12/21/2003 at 07:00 PM.
  6.    #26  
    Originally posted by cosmicpatriot
    Hopefully this is an exception to the rule, but I got my case today and it leaves much to be desired.
    Totally agree ... workmanship is poor, none of the openings line up. Case seems to be poorly designed and seems as if it will not hold up over time. Removing/Replacing the Treo in the case is a major chore. Unfortunately, you need to do it often to get access to the SD card since the case covers it up. Also have a problem with the case putting pressure on the card and releasing it from the contacts. This causes the card to be unavailable for use.

I am sending the case back for a refund today.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Oh well. I got mine yesterday, and I think I'm going to have to send it back. I have the Sprint T600, and the workmanship on this case just doesn't seem to match EB's normally high standards. Sure, the leather is very nice and soft, but the holes don't match up (ie-my headset barely fits into the hole, and I need to pull and stretch the leather each time to get it in), the bottom edges of the case keep sliding off, and the cover won't close all the way, I'm assuming because of the speaker bulge. It's too bad, since I can see this has the potential to be a great case, but it needs some work first.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I also noticed that I'm having that auto-answer problem with the EB case. I'm assuming this is because my Treo is a Sprint unit, but they really didn't seem to do any type of quality testing with this case.
    Originally posted by cosmicpatriot
    The headphone hole is completely off, the reset hole is quite off
    On mine they are quite literally "off" - as in nonexistant. No headphone or reset hole whatsoever, but it does fit my Sprint T600 quite snugly.
    Originally posted by Aether

On mine they are quite literally "off" - as in nonexistant. No headphone or reset hole whatsoever, but it does fit my Sprint T600 quite snugly.
    Further noting no microphone hole either!

Also noting that yes indeed, the flap presses too much against the keys, so yes the auto answer problem is present.

Yet another one of these suckers is going back.

EB is going to be losing alot of money on all of these returns...

I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that perhaps the other complaints were a few rare cases (no pun intended), but it's evident that there is no quality control on these cases. Stay away!

-A
    One more footnote: I tried the cell case on the GSM style phone - same garbage. Holes don't line up, case slips off the bottom. What a scam.
  12.    #32  
    Any other experiences - positive or negative - with this case?
    can someone help please, I've not received my eb case after 3 weeks and they won't reply to my emails. They gave me a tracking number - how do you use this to find out what's happening. thanks
    I got the EB Case a few weeks ago and I hated it. The holes didnt line up right and the case seemed to be very cheap. I ordered the case from Executive PDA last week and I received it yesterday. This case is great and I'm glad I returned that EB Case for my refund. The EB Case looks great on the site but has alot of drawbacks. Buyers beware!
    jesus, I received my eb case today and wished I hadn't. This thing is junk, the quality of 'workmanship" - and I use the term very loosely - is appalling. It looks and feel cheap, the flip lid is bent at the corners..I could go on and on...anyway it's going back tomorrow. It's not a patch on the Krusel case which which would be perfect if the plastic cover wasn't so thick and virtually impossible to use with the stylus...oh dear, back to the drawing board I guess for me !!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12