1.    #1  
    Sorry to mix them all in one post, but here goes (all t-mo with gprs):

1) I've found that if I send an MMS to my wife's regular email, her response has no text within it, although she's able to read it just fine. The response goes to my MMS inbox.
    2) Her replies to my SMS's arrive in my MMS inbox. (And also can't be read.) Even those I do within an old "chat" thread.
    3) SMS's to her cell work fine.

Any ideas? I get the feeling this is some sort of Treo configuration issue.
    Are you on Sprint or a gsm service?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Snoring Dog
    (all t-mo with gprs)
    Have either of you tried successfully sending sms or mms to anyone else before?
    I have the same problem with 600 on T-Mobile.
    On some sms's sent to me, they go to the MMS folder but they
    only have the subject, no text body at all.

I talked with T-Mobile tech support and they said the phone has
    to be provisioned for MMS. The way to do this is to simply send
    yourself an MMS from your phone. I tried that. It didn't work.

Tech support then manually provisioned the phone and said to
    wait two hours then turn the phone off, then on again.

Still the same thing.

I'm not so worried about not being able to receive or send an MMS but now I can't get half of my SMS's because they go to MMS
    where only the subject shows up.

I need a way to disable MMS completely until they get this fixed.
    AirJesus.com
    "A Website to Lift The Soul"
    T-Mo is currently experiencing difficulties with their SMS and MMS services. According to the CSR I spoke with yesterday, this has been going on since 12/1. Wait until their issues are resolved and then try. Hopefully it will be cleared up soon. I actually got the first SMS this morning in 3 days....
    I continue to have problems with MMS "stealing" my sms messages when they are sent by yahoo mail accounts to my treo 600 at the cellphones#@tmomail.net address. I get the mms notice and subject but cannot retreive the message body. The yahoo accounts are set to not send graphichs or html. This problem has been sporadic. SMS sent cellphone to cellphone has not been a problem. I also have T mobile. Is there a fix yet for this?

reply to
    "Sorry to mix them all in one post, but here goes (all t-mo with gprs):

1) I've found that if I send an MMS to my wife's regular email, her response has no text within it, although she's able to read it just fine. The response goes to my MMS inbox.
    2) Her replies to my SMS's arrive in my MMS inbox. (And also can't be read.) Even those I do within an old "chat" thread.
    3) SMS's to her cell work fine.

Any ideas? I get the feeling this is some sort of Treo configuration issue."
    Surgdad
    Originally posted by Surgdad
    I continue to have problems with MMS "stealing" my sms messages when they are sent by yahoo mail accounts to my treo 600 at the cellphones#@tmomail.net address. I get the mms notice and subject but cannot retreive the message body. The yahoo accounts are set to not send graphichs or html. This problem has been sporadic. SMS sent cellphone to cellphone has not been a problem. I also have T mobile. Is there a fix yet for this?
    I think the answer lies in the message being sent from a yahoo accounts. They may be set not to send graphics or html, but they automatically put in an advert on every message. While the mms program may not be able to see the html advert, it still recognizes it as an attachment so it's opened by mms rather than sms.
    1) I've found that if I send an MMS to my wife's regular email, her response has no text within it, although she's able to read it just fine. The response goes to my MMS inbox1) I've found that if I send an MMS to my wife's regular email, her response has no text within it, although she's able to read it just fine. The response goes to my MMS inbox.
    I just got off the phone with t mobile. Any SMS greater than 100 or so characters will get sent to MMS. Yahoo mail and others add adds which lengthens the message. Additionally there may be some character that causes MMS to not be retrieved. Regular MMS from other phones works fine with my MMS, yet the Yahoo email messages don't.

I had t mobile disable the MMS. Now the messages are defaulting again to SMS. MMS can be reenabled simply by sending yourself a picture.

Of course it would be optimal if t mobile could figure out why the MMS cannot render the yahoo messages, but we can't expect it all considering t mobile doesn't officialy support the 600.

Alli's observation as to the addition of the ads from Yahoo were the key to at least understanding the source of the problem.

Thanks for the help,
    Surgdad