View Poll Results: How long does it take for your browser to start?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Near instantaneous!

14 41.18%
  • A couple of seconds

14 41.18%
  • More than 5 seconds

5 14.71%
  • More than 10 seconds

1 2.94%
  1.    #1  
    Not to load a page, but just firing up the application.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Try changing your default view from a page (which has to load before it thinks it is ready) to the page of links view. My blazer/web app then fires up in a second or so.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by jaytee
    Try changing your default view from a page (which has to load before it thinks it is ready) to the page of links view. My blazer/web app then fires up in a second or so.
    I have mine set to display the bookmarks. Is this what you're referring to?
  4.    #4  
    Oddly when I go to "Delete" from the apps menu I see "Handspring Internet..." and the size is about 6MB!!! wth is that? I suspect that's why it takes so long for the app to load.
  5.    #5  
    The people that have "Near instantaneous" or "a couple secs" load times, do you have alot of bookmarks? What's size is your cache set at?
    I am with AT&T and the only "delay" is the initial GPRS handshake. If I recently checked email, the GPRS connection is still active and Blazer acts just like any other application.

Could this be a Sprint vision issue?
    RW
    I have blazer's initial view preference set on bookmarks. I have about 7 pages full of bookmarks. It seems as I add more bookmarks and apps, it takes longer and longer to open blazer. If I do a hard reset and re-install each app one by one (not a system restore), blazer will open within one to 2 seconds.
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    The people that have "Near instantaneous" or "a couple secs" load times, do you have alot of bookmarks? What's size is your cache set at?
    I have more than 50 bookmarks set up.

My cache size is set to 5% (1.6MB).

When I click to go to the web, my default is set up to go to the Bookmarks View, not the Page View. If you are on Page View, Blazer is going to load the page before it gives you back control of the browser (at least that's what I think from experience ).

You may want to check your email program. I have mine set to retrieve mail manually (push email isn't that important to me) and you may get a delay if the email program is busy fetching your email.

Hope that helps ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    >20 bookmarks and cache set at 5%. I use the bookmarks view as my initial view. It takes about the same amount of time (around 4-5 seconds) to bring up the bookmarks as it does to bring up the launcher when I hit the home button.

Sprint is my provider
  10.    #10  
    I have the cache size on the default (1.6MB) and 3 pages of bookmarks (30 bookmarks). I also use the bookmarks as my initial view.
  11.    #11  
    Oddly when I go to "Delete" from the apps menu I see "Handspring Internet..." and the size is about 6MB!!! wth is that? I suspect that's why it takes so long for the app to load.
    Does any1 else have this file?
    I have a sprint treo and do not have the handspringinternet file.
    See, my browser takes around 2 or 3 seconds to UNload, and go back to the phone app I usually do.
    My Sprint 600 was taking about 12 seconds for the web app to come up. This didn't appear to be time spent connecting--it just sat at a white screen. And then it went through the connecting process. It didn't matter whether I had the initial view set to page or bookmarks view.

I just solved this problem by deleting the cookies. (From the browser, press the Menu button on the keyboard, then select Options, Preferences, Advanced, Memory Management, then Clear next to Cookies.) My cookies said they were at 0Kb, but I cleared them anyway, and now the browser comes up within a second. This seems to have done it.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    We Cookies is definitely the culprit. My browser was taking 10 seconds to start, and when i moved the web cookies file to the SD card, it would load fast again (course, i had to put in my cookies again). Anyway, just for kicks, i moved the old file (17 KB!) back to the palm, and web would start slowly again.

Originally posted by Tommystone
    My Sprint 600 was taking about 12 seconds for the web app to come up. This didn't appear to be time spent connecting--it just sat at a white screen. And then it went through the connecting process. It didn't matter whether I had the initial view set to page or bookmarks view.

I just solved this problem by deleting the cookies. (From the browser, press the Menu button on the keyboard, then select Options, Preferences, Advanced, Memory Management, then Clear next to Cookies.) My cookies said they were at 0Kb, but I cleared them anyway, and now the browser comes up within a second. This seems to have done it.