Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just an FYI (no affiliation with Agendus)
  2.    #2  
    Although after playing witht he demo for a few minutes, I have to say that the 5-way pad support is pretty weak. For example - I don't see how to select a certain appointment on the agenda and get details using only the pad (stylus free). Also - if you choose preferences, it seems that you need to use the stylus to select options and change preference "catergories". Pretty lame for an app that claims 5-way pad support (imho)...
    This was brought up during the beta. iambic said that more support will be added after the 7.0 release, but I don't know what exactly. I guess if there is support you'd like added, you should post to their support forum.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. I'm not soliciting for additional functionality to be added - i just wanted to let people know (1) that it was out and (2) that is doesn't seem to work very well. As for me, I've decided to use a different app that "appears" to fully support the 5-way.
    Originally posted by ksmith80209
    Thanks. I'm not soliciting for additional functionality to be added - i just wanted to let people know (1) that it was out and (2) that is doesn't seem to work very well. As for me, I've decided to use a different app that "appears" to fully support the 5-way.
    Which app would that be?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  6.    #6  
    Well - I'm using the demo of Datebk5 (Sg build) right now and am pretty happy with it. At first it seemed a little complicated, but it seems to work fairly intuitively with the 5-way pad. Also, the developer is releasing new builds quite often and each one seems to do a icreasingly better job with Treo support. I still like the clean Agendus interface, but I hate using the stylus.
    agendus 7.0 not worth the upgrade money.

Unless I missed something, I could get the added functionality that it has from the free jogrocker.

BTW, I paid the $10 for the update.

Icons are nicer.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    The thing that turned me off of Agendus 7.0 was that they don't integrate with any external mail applications, only their own...which is lacking.

-Rob
    Originally posted by Rob600
    The thing that turned me off of Agendus 7.0 was that they don't integrate with any external mail applications, only their own...which is lacking.

-Rob
    yeah, I dont like that about them either.

and their excuses are lame too.
    Felipe
    Originally posted by Felipe

yeah, I dont like that about them either.

and their excuses are lame too.
    Is there another app, that has all of Agendus' functions and features, that is able to link up with all Palm email programs?

That would be quite amazing, considering the fact that iambic has no control over how other Palm email programs generate a contact link. Is there some uniform format that creates those links?

NateS
    MyWeek 2.8 (see palmgear.com) has great treo600 support for weekview, even on items that have no blue "halo" highlight.

Originally posted by ksmith80209
    Although after playing witht he demo for a few minutes, I have to say that the 5-way pad support is pretty weak. For example - I don't see how to select a certain appointment on the agenda and get details using only the pad (stylus free). Also - if you choose preferences, it seems that you need to use the stylus to select options and change preference "catergories". Pretty lame for an app that claims 5-way pad support (imho)...
    Originally posted by NateS

Is there another app, that has all of Agendus' functions and features, that is able to link up with all Palm email programs?

That would be quite amazing, considering the fact that iambic has no control over how other Palm email programs generate a contact link. Is there some uniform format that creates those links?

NateS
    all ppl want is the ability to click on the stupid little email icon and launch their email app of choice.

is that too much coding?
    Felipe
    Originally posted by NateS

NateS
    Err, go into contacts (plain ole one from dialpad), select one, menu -> send and it'll ask you which mail program you want to use to send it....Mail or Snapper in my case and both work just fine.

I believe there is a standard API for creating an email w/attachment...but I could be wrong.

-Rob
    Originally posted by Felipe

all ppl want is the ability to click on the stupid little email icon and launch their email app of choice.
    is that too much coding?
    Felipe,

That's not the purpose of Agendus incorporating an email program. You can program any button on the Treo you want, even keyboard buttons, to launch the email program of your choice. You don't need Agendus to give you a button to push. Agendus is not a program launcher.

The purpose of linking and integrating an email program into Agendus Pro is because one of the main features of Agendus, which leads people to buy it, is that the program provides you with a history of all activity for each contact or client - the appointments, the todos, the incoming and outgoing phone calls from or to that contact, and now any email sent to or received from that client, all in a nice, automatically generated list. That's the purpose.

Where would you expect Agendus to get that data of incoming and outgoing email from or to that contact or client, and include it in the history list, if you were using some other email program?

I suppose anything is possible to program if enough code is written to do it, but what would be the incentive for iambic to spend money to do that, and why would I want to pay for the extra cost? If you choose to use a different email program, that's fine, but you wouldn't expect Agendus to keep track of it for you.

(I am a heavy-duty user of Agendus in my work, but I have no financial or other interest in the company, other than being glad this program exists.)

Regards,

NateS
    The current release version of datebk5 came out in July, so I doubt it has 5-way support.

Is there a beta build that's available for testing?

I am extremely disappointed with the 5-way support in Agendus. Disgusted enough to the point I am looking at alternatives.
  16.    #16  
    If you go to the Datebk5 website and look on the right hand side (it's kind of burried) you will see a link to the "Sg" beta build of Datebk5. I've been using it for about a week and it works very well with the 5 way pad. This is the one I'm buying when it is officially released.
    Nice find with Datebk5-SG. I'm playing with it now and I'm quite impressed. I'll know in a couple of days, but it seems I may have found what I'm looking for.

-Rob
    I have it on good authority that Iambic will release a fully Treo 600 compatible version of Agendus in the near future.

Don't give up on them yet.

Best,
    Derek
    Treo 600 Essentials
    Originally posted by derek985
    I have it on good authority that Iambic will release a fully Treo 600 compatible version of Agendus in the near future.

Don't give up on them yet.

Best,
    Derek
    Treo 600 Essentials
    That's my information too - watch for 5 way nav in 7.1 or 7.2

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Does anyone know if either Agendus 7 or Datebook 5 will, if the speaker switch is off, vibrate when one of its alarms goes off?

I think that this is a key feature so one can turn off thr speaker in a meeting, but still get notified of the next meeting or to do.

I submitted a request to Iambic well over a year ago and I never got any response.

It would seem to me that full support for Treo's would include this feature.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast