Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by DHAnderson
    Does anyone know if either Agendus 7 or Datebook 5 will, if the speaker switch is off, vibrate when one of its alarms goes off?

I think that this is a key feature so one can turn off thr speaker in a meeting, but still get notified of the next meeting or to do.

I submitted a request to Iambic well over a year ago and I never got any response.

It would seem to me that full support for Treo's would include this feature.
    I know that it definitely works with Agendus 7 on the Treo 600. I made that exact request during the beta period.
    I truly feel that V 7 is just the beginning. The T600 will get a lot of software support from many because it is a very good device. I have been a heavy user of Iambic products for over two years with my former Kyo 6035s and V7 is a big improvement over V6. I also use Tiny Sheet, Iambic mail, and All Money. Pretty sure that any existing bugs will be worked out.
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    Originally posted by derek985
    I have it on good authority that Iambic will release a fully Treo 600 compatible version of Agendus in the near future.

Don't give up on them yet.

Best,
    Derek
    Treo 600 Essentials
    well 7.1 is out now and seems to have some support for the 5 way nav button....but not enough. what do you know about a 7.2 release timetable?
    Originally posted by southbound747

well 7.1 is out now and seems to have some support for the 5 way nav button....but not enough. what do you know about a 7.2 release timetable?

7.01 is buggy on the treo 600, 7.02 should fix that. All agundus says about it is that it is soon. they are looking into tehe crashes and said they are speaking to palm about it.

anyhow for those who want to get 7.00, see http://support.iambic.com/forum/show...&threadid=7951
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    hi felipe

are you reasonably happy with 7.0? have you treid datebook5?
    Originally posted by southbound747
    hi felipe

are you reasonably happy with 7.0? have you treid datebook5?
    Even though I paid for datebook 5, I have never actually used it.

Agendus (wasn't it's name back when i first installed it) is on my device baause it was the first one installed and it did what I wanted it to. I never looked at datebook5.
    Felipe
    I am also extremely irrtated at Agendus 7.0 . . . I would use an alternative if there was one!

1 On my Treo 270 I could view a Contact Detail and then page-through the contacts forwards and back using the up/down buttons on the Treo 270 . . . . on my new Treo 600 running Agendus 7 I cant! I have to close the Contact View and then open another one! Why cant the up/down buttons on the 5-pad do what the up/down buttons on the Treo 270 did?

2 How can I dial a number WITHOUT using the stylus? The monochrome little basic default Phone 1.0 app in the Treo allows first letter + surname search . . then it lets me select which of that contacts numbers I want to dial . . . all with the up down buttons . . . . . why can Agendus not do this?? This is a BASIC requirement . . . I dont want new views and new icons I want to dial someone on my damn phone without having to extract the stylus and navigate through dialogues!!! And no I DONT want to try TakePhone or another app I want Agendus to fix this! I have paid for their app (and the $10 'upgrade' to 7).

3 With 'one tap dialling' enabled I can tap the phone number . . . Agendus offers to dial . .i can say no and then select another number to dial from the little window . . . all of which is good . . BUT if I select an 'email' option for a contact it goes straight to a new email and sets the email as the default!!!! I then have to go into the Contact details and reset the focus to a number! Why cant the email option function like the phone numbers and ask me first?

Agendus is infuriating me . . . I almost never use it to search/dial numbers and always find the default Phone app easier! This is NOT good for a supposedly more 'advanced' app.
    Originally posted by duckznutz
    I am also extremely irrtated at Agendus 7.0 . . . I would use an alternative if there was one!

1 On my Treo 270 I could view a Contact Detail and then page-through the contacts forwards and back using the up/down buttons on the Treo 270 . . . . on my new Treo 600 running Agendus 7 I cant! I have to close the Contact View and then open another one! Why cant the up/down buttons on the 5-pad do what the up/down buttons on the Treo 270 did?

2 How can I dial a number WITHOUT using the stylus? The monochrome little basic default Phone 1.0 app in the Treo allows first letter + surname search . . then it lets me select which of that contacts numbers I want to dial . . . all with the up down buttons . . . . . why can Agendus not do this?? This is a BASIC requirement . . . I dont want new views and new icons I want to dial someone on my damn phone without having to extract the stylus and navigate through dialogues!!! And no I DONT want to try TakePhone or another app I want Agendus to fix this! I have paid for their app (and the $10 'upgrade' to 7).

3 With 'one tap dialling' enabled I can tap the phone number . . . Agendus offers to dial . .i can say no and then select another number to dial from the little window . . . all of which is good . . BUT if I select an 'email' option for a contact it goes straight to a new email and sets the email as the default!!!! I then have to go into the Contact details and reset the focus to a number! Why cant the email option function like the phone numbers and ask me first?

Agendus is infuriating me . . . I almost never use it to search/dial numbers and always find the default Phone app easier! This is NOT good for a supposedly more 'advanced' app.
    I, too, am a frustrated Agendus user. but I suggest:

1) Wait until Iambic has spent more time improving Treo 600 support. This seems to be the first Palm OS device (I'm not familiar with Sony Clie devices) that has both a keyboard and 5-way navigator pad. They admit they are behind the curve, but they claim to be working on it.

2) Vent on the Agendus support forums at agendus.com as well as here. And make your suggestions there.
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
    I just got a refund for my copy of Agendus (PalmGear). I returned it because the snooze function didn't work. I had an alarm set to go off at 10 pm. This worked, but when I pressed the snooze button with a setting of 24 hours I was reminded again in only 6 hours. Not cool at 4 am. The first time this happened, I thought it was user error. The second time, I was sure it was Agendus. I decided I couldn't trust it to remind me at the right times... YMMV.
    Originally posted by dnheller

I, too, am a frustrated Agendus user. but I suggest:

1) Wait until Iambic has spent more time improving Treo 600 support . . . they admit they are behind the curve, but they claim to be working on it.

2) Vent on the Agendus support forums at agendus.com as well as here. And make your suggestions there.

Behind the curve?!*!? The basic Phone app that comes pre-installed (on my Treo 270 and now my Treo 600) allows fast finding of a contact . . . . I can search typing first or last name or first letter of first name then last name . . . it sorts relevant contacts on the fly and displays all the available phone numbers for the found contacts for me to choose between . . I scroll to the number I want to dial and dial! It takes me 4 clicks on the keyboard . . . . . . . . Agendus just took me 17 clicks to get to the same thing (I just counted) . . . . . . they clearly have no interest in helping users dial from Agendus . . they should have sorted this out ages ago . . . . I KNOW it can be done (refer TakePhone for example) . . . but they seem more interested in adding icons and fancy new views for looking at the same data than in getting the programme basic working for business users who need to make 100 calls a day from their contacts list.

I HAVE vented this issue on the Agendus forum also . . . but they moderate and I suspect that most negative posts dont make it through.

I am desperately seeking a decent and stylish Contacts list (in colour!) with the same (or better) functionality as the default Phone app as a minimum. How Iambic Agendus can charge for a pretty colour product that is fumctionaly inferior to the inbuilt basic Phone app escapes me completely!

Agendus just took me 17 clicks to get to the same thing (I just counted) . . . . . . they clearly have no interest in helping users dial from Agendus . .
    I'm not trying to defend Agendus, as a long time user it still has a way to go for better 5 way support but how in the heck did it take you 17 clicks to dial a contact? Sure it is a little longer process than the built in phone app but...
    I have mine sorted by Company, Last Name, First Name and one or two clicks on the letters (just like the treo phone app) finds the contact that I'm looking for, one click up on the 5 way and than enter on the 5 way to bring up contact details, right click on 5 way to highlight "dial" press enter, select # you want to dial and press enter.
    Last edited by millerhifi; 12/28/2003 at 09:15 PM.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    OK MillerHIfI . . on my Treo 600

If I use Agendus 7.0.2 : -
    4 - 4 letters to find the entry (I have 1800 Contacts!)
    5 - Centre button to see the details
    9 - 3 right buttons and a centre button to get to Dial screen
    11 - top button twice to move the focus from 'dial' to the numbers window
    12 - Centre button to select the first number
    14 - down twice to get the actual number I want
    17 - Centre button to put that number on the dial-line then down to focus on the 'dial' then centre again to dial it!

17 clicks to dial a number!!!!!! One mistake and it can be twice as many clicks . . . its a complicated route . . easy to click the wrong thing . . . NOT intuitive.

Default Phone App :
    4 - 4 letters to the name
    8 - 4 clicks down to select the number
    9 - Centre to dial

Half as many and I only actually use 2 buttons . . relatively easy.

Fingerdial :
    4 - 4 taps on the letters
    5 - 1 tap into the name
    6 - 1 tap on the number to dial

6 taps - intuitive and EASY . . . Agendus simply cannot be used in an efficient professional way for dialling contacts during a working day.

. . . Agendus simply cannot be used in an efficient professional way for dialling contacts during a working day.
    I agree that Agendus is not currently efficent on Treo 600. And I'm glad you can vent your frustrations here. But I have no earthly idea why you keep repeating your screed in this thread.

Earlier, you complained about about wasting $10 on the upgrade to 7.0. Blame yourself for not testing out the 7.0 trial download before buying. Caveat emptor. You can always go back to a Treo 270/300 until Agendus support for Treo 600 is better.

And if inefficient dialing and a loss of $10 are so devastating to you, perhaps you should seek a new job that doesn't immediately require the dialing efficiency that you seek and also pays more than you currently make.

... @#$%^&* telemarketers!
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
    Originally posted by dnheller

I agree that Agendus is not currently efficent on Treo 600. And I'm glad you can vent your frustrations here. But I have no earthly idea why you keep repeating your screed in this thread.

Earlier, you complained about about wasting $10 on the upgrade to 7.0. Blame yourself for not testing out the 7.0 trial download before buying. Caveat emptor. You can always go back to a Treo 270/300 until Agendus support for Treo 600 is better.

And if inefficient dialing and a loss of $10 are so devastating to you, perhaps you should seek a new job that doesn't immediately require the dialing efficiency that you seek and also pays more than you currently make.

... @#$%^&* telemarketers!
    I have to agree. The amount of time and effort being put into this excruciatingly detailed set of counts and tests and negative analysis surely must far exceed whatever additional time is being consumed in using Agendus in its present transitional state.

I'm sticking with Agendus with the expectation that these problems will soon be fixed. As a non-programmer, I have absolutely no idea as to how easy or how challenging this task is to iambic's programmers, but I've got to believe that it must be pretty challenging, or they would have it accomplished already just to avoid the abuse.

But if I felt as strongly about it as the writer above, I wouldn't spend this enormous amount of time "counting clicks" and allowing myself to get so aggravated, I'd just buy a different program and switch over, if I thought there was one that fulfilled all my needs.

Unlike the enormous task of switching programs on your computer, switching Palm programs is simple, since the data doesn't reside in the program anyway and will show up in any program you add with no exporting and importing needed; and unlike the cost of programs on your computer, Palm programs cost pocket change and are all, IMO a huge bargain considering what they do. I've had lunches that cost more than these programs, and I'm not a big eater.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    DnHeller . . . I use Agendus for the Appts & Todos . . I would be stuck without it . . .so the money is neither here nor there . . I would pay them double if they could sort it all out.

NateS . . . . . you are missing the point . . you say " or they would have it accomplished already just to avoid the abuse" . . . just look at TakePhone or FingerDial or umpteen other little apps that can do this just fine . . . its not hard . . they just cant be bothered . . thats the annoying thing!

"I'd just buy a different program and switch over" . . . so would I if I could! . . any suggestions?

PS : Its no big deal counting clicks and posting detailed analysis . . . thats how applications evolve . . . . . they release it . . wait for the customers to 'test' it for them and start whining, then re-release it and charge us all over again . . . . . . the secret is to make sure you put in your tuppence worth . . otherwise there is little chance the applications will evolve in the way you want!

pip pip . . . . . . keep smiling!
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by duckznutz
    . . . I use Agendus for the Appts & Todos . . I would be stuck without it . . .so the money is neither here nor there . . I would pay them double if they could sort it all out.

You are right about that!

. . . . . you are missing the point . . you say " or they would have it accomplished already just to avoid the abuse" . . . just look at TakePhone or FingerDial or umpteen other little apps that can do this just fine . . . its not hard . . they just cant be bothered . . thats the annoying thing!

They are being bothered plenty. Just take a look at their message boards! In fact, considering the fact that their board is monitored and posts are subject to delay and/or non-publication, I've been surprised at what they've accepted for posting. Still, positive reinforcement generally works more effectively than a hail of negative criticism, IMHO.

"I'd just buy a different program and switch over" . . . so would I if I could! . . any suggestions?

I was waiting for you to make this point, and I admire you for admitting that there is nothing comparable.

The authors of TakePhone or FingerDial, two clever but basically simple "dialer" apps, had nothing else to work on but 5 way nav whereas Agendus is a much more complex and sophisticated program to upgrade.

And the people who are always threatening to switch to DateBk5 don't understand the difference between DB5 and Agendus because they probably don't use and don't need the extra functions in Agendus which the rest of us do use.

PS : Its no big deal counting clicks and posting detailed analysis . . . thats how applications evolve . . . . . they release it . . wait for the customers to 'test' it for them and start whining, then re-release it and charge us all over again . . . . . . the secret is to make sure you put in your tuppence worth . . otherwise there is little chance the applications will evolve in the way you want!

Yes, when you post such an analysis on the iambic board (with a little bit of sugar to make the medicine go down), I would agree with you.

When you post it here repeatedly, it makes it look to some of us as if you are trying to contribute to an effort to make Agendus and iambic crash and burn, which is the last thing those of us who use and depend upon Agendus, including yourself, should want to see happen.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    looks we we are in agreement NateS . . . I AM a big Agendus fan . . . . as you probably can tell . . . .hence the depth of my passion on the subject!

Regards.
    Hey

Have you guys noticed that Agendus 7 does not have access to all the system sounds like the earlier versions on the Treo 270/300? When I go to set an alarm, I only have about 6 lousy options from which to choose. I have no idea where those alarms are from as they are not accessible in the Sound Manager.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    yardie is back.

i think i notice that, but then I installed geeksounds (or something). They all show up, but they all don't always work.
    Felipe
    Hey Felipe! Its good to see a familiar (virtual face) arouind here. I have been browsing and stuff.. Just havent had the time to post in a while

Anyways, you are saying that you have to install an Alarm Manager in order to change your alarm sounds? Isnt Geeksounds a bunch of sounds in a PDB file?
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast