1.    #1  
    Hi,

If I go through my Contacts from the phone application I see H, W and M after the phone numbers for home, work and mobile. I'm sure you know what I mean.

However, in the SMS application if I type a name and access the address book to "Select Recipient" these suffixes are not shown, making it hard to tell whether a number is one's mobile or home phone.

Am I missing something? I searched Handspring's site but didn't find anything.
    Contacts under SMS will only display Mobile numbers and Email address as those are the only type of contacts that can receive SMS. Home numbers and Work numbers (if not mobile) cannot receive SMS, so it's not displayed.
    Originally posted by TR30
    Home numbers and Work numbers (if not mobile) cannot receive SMS, so it's not displayed.
    This is one 'feature' which I find quite annoying: Several countries in Europe (including France) now provide support for fixed-line SMS (where the SMS is delivered either as a text message or a voice message, if the phone is not text-equipped).

Hmm... Maybe something to consider as my first Palm project (if I ever get the time!)
  4.    #4  
    Contacts under SMS will only display Mobile numbers and Email address as those are the only type of contacts that can receive SMS. Home numbers and Work numbers (if not mobile) cannot receive SMS, so it's not displayed.
    Yeah, but some of my entries have an "Other phone" which may or may not be a mobile. If they kept the O and M suffixes it would be easier to distinguish them.
    Maybe dshirley or someone out there can create a great SMS app that displays the suffixes and maybe checkboxes next to each phone number and email addresses so user can send out a text message to multiple contacts at once. That way I can say something like "Party at my house tonight!" to all my friends at one time.
    Maybe dshirley or someone out there...
    If you want it this century, you'd better hope it's that illusive 'someone'!

I had the abilito to SMS multiple recipients in exactly that way on my P800. Hadn't missed it yet, but I've only had my Treo 3 days so far. I did use it quite a lot before.

Actually, it sounds like an interesting app to write... I'll have a go in the 13 seconds a day of spare time I have!
    You can already send SMS to multiple recipients via the SMS app. All you have to do is keep going back into your contacts and adding them, or put all of the phone numbers in separated by commas directly
    Originally posted by ewokninja
    You can already send SMS to multiple recipients via the SMS app. All you have to do is keep going back into your contacts and adding them, or put all of the phone numbers in separated by commas directly
    Yeah, but it would be much easier with check boxes. When I had my Sanyo 8100, sending pictures with text messages and voice was so much easier because there were check boxes next to each phone number and email address were I can simply check and send. No need to keep going back and look for another contact.