Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Preston
    Did you notice any other functionality change from 2.08?

I haven't had a screech in over a week with no update.
    Beyond improved RF and sound quality, the Treo seems faster/snappier when opening and running applications. Also the camara seems to focus faster (quality isnt any better).
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
  2.    #42  
    Greetings fellow screechers,

Am on the road now and have had a lot less screeching. There was a brief one in Chicago but only once. Am in LA now for 24 hours with no screech but limited use. Will report more as I use it more. But I suspect NYC is still waiting w/ screeching arms for me. Sounds like the update is the way to go from what I'm reading up above from JHETZEL and others. Won't try it until I get back to NYC after the New Year. Who knows? Maybe TMO will have the official one ready by the time I get back. Happy happy and merry merry to one and all.
    I upgraded my cingular Treo600 on T-Mobile to 2.08. No problems, upgrade went through and it is definitely faster on GPRS, both to download and to connect.

We'll see how screeching goes.
    Hi all,

I've been using my new Cingular branded Treo 600 for a little over a week now and I've gotten that ear splitting screetch at least half a dozen times so far. I'm on Fido in Vancouver so this problem seems to affect many different networks.

It sounds like some folks are having success with the new firmware update so I'll try that.

Carrier: Fido
    Model: Cingular Branded
    Firmware: 02.02
    Software: 1.06-CNG
    Hardware: B
    This has happened on both of my T68i phones under the TMO plan prior to having the Treo so I do not believe it is just a Treo issue. I think it is possibly a combination of phone and carrier issue that need to be worked out.

M2cents
    This has happened on both of my T68i phones under the TMO plan prior to having the Treo so I do not believe it is just a Treo issue. I think it is possibly a combination of phone and carrier issue that need to be worked out.

M2cents
    My T600 hasn't screeched since I upgraded the firmware. That is long enough that it appears to definitely have helped. Battery life is definitely worse. Where I almost never went below 50% before (I charge every night), I often go below 50% now, although I have never run out even with a very intensive day. (Use doesn't really seem to matter much, but rather a weak connection.) I have a useful signal in two places where I never got a signal before.
    Just reporting in two screech incidents this past week here in Chicago. Both were in the same low signal area (my office). I'll be reporting to T-mobile and may try the 2.09 upgrade as well.
    I also have had NO screech incidents since the firmware upgrade a few weeks back - had plenty before that.

Paul
  10.    #50  
    Sheesh- a fella starts a post, then never finishes it.

Sorry to have never posted my progress. I did do the 2.08 upgrade finally and was nervous about it having never done one before, but thanks to the various posts on other forums here, it was made very simple. I backed everything up on my SD card - BackUpMan is a great app by the way; cannot recommend it high enough for it's ease of use and quality- and installed the firmware and have never heard a screech again. There have been new problems of course, but none as bad as the screeching. There is a buzz now that both me and my callers can hear occasionally. Get some weird freezes that weren't happening before as well but all in all, performance has improved considerably. In other words, my Treo is great but still a little high-maintenance.

Now bring on firmwware 3.0 already! I want my Treo to be maintenace free!
    I just convinced my fiance to get one from ATT (she got it for $129! because of a bunch of credits she had worked up with them) and I really hope it runs smooth. She's not as patient with this stuff!
    It's been weeks, no screeching. 2.08 did the trick. I didn't try 2.09 because I'm not having problems and several people reported problems with it.
    It's been about 2 weeks since my upgrade to 2.09 and I've had no screech incidents.

Now, if only I could solve the problem of people occasionally complaining about my voice sounding faint...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123