1.    #1  
    Hi Folks,
    Was wondering if anyone knows whether AT&T is likely to change it's data rates to be more reasonable and competitive at some point ? I can't believe they're charging $70 bucks a month or so for unlimited data when T-Mobile only charge $20 for the sidekick.

This severely limits the usage I suspect I'll get out of the device for use in the coroporate world I think.
    Ah, welcome to the world of a Treo 600 and ATT service, it'll cost you

AT&T's forums are a good place to see people, like myself, yell at their GPRS data offerings and them to defend. (http://forums.attwireless.com/)

For now they say nothing is happening, but a lot of people think it's soon. For me, I'll give them a few months, then bolt to TMo and pay the $175 exit fee.

Unlimited Data and MMS are worth jumping ship for me... espeically with my Treo!

BUT, in short ATT has no official plans for cheaper data rates.

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>
    Originally posted by ashepp
    Hi Folks,
    Was wondering if anyone knows whether AT&T is likely to change it's data rates to be more reasonable and competitive at some point ? I can't believe they're charging $70 bucks a month or so for unlimited data when T-Mobile only charge $20 for the sidekick.

This severely limits the usage I suspect I'll get out of the device for use in the coroporate world I think.
    Tmo charges $20 for unlimited data one all their gprs enabled phones, not just the sidekick FYI!! However, you can also get it for free if you read this thread and this thread! Apparently TMo's default free plan allows for unlimited WAP browsing as well as regular HTTP browsing. Also, the available ports include 80 (web surfing), 25 (smtp mail sending) and 110 (pop mail port) to be accessed though. So no SSL, FTP, instant messaging, etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by vikrampant
    For me, I'll give them a few months, then bolt to TMo and pay the $175 exit fee.

Unlimited Data and MMS are worth jumping ship for me... espeically with my Treo!-- Vikram
    Heck, In 4 months you'll be up $25 from paying the early termination fee.