Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    would you boys take your pissing match someplace else! I for one am looking for some usefull info on this thread.
    Originally posted by dnheller

A simple "I don't understand" would have sufficed in response to poor English. I don't think it was necessary to insult the guy about his English language skills. I probably would not be able to understand the thick southern accents at your alma mater, Auburn U, but I wouldn't insult anybody over it (well, maybe if you were a Texas Aggie calling on a Treo 600 from the bottom of a collapsed Aggie bonfire).

And apparently, you were unable to detect my sarcasm in response to YOUR sarcasm.
    David....can we just let it go please?

I'm not a religious man but JESUS!!
    "DOS addresses only 1 Megabyte of RAM because we cannot imagine any applications needing more." --Microsoft, 1980, on the development of DOS.

Short sited-ness is a funny thing....
    The point I was making with the statements to darien was....

If you are going to throw me a "sales pitch", make sure the English is good enough to "make the sale"

Thats it.....

If I dont geddit I cant exactly buy the product.....
    "DOS addresses only 1 Megabyte of RAM because we cannot imagine any applications needing more." --Microsoft, 1980, on the development of DOS.

So what's the latest with gsmlocker.com and unlockyourgsm.com. Anybody had ultimate success with either?
    No Joy as of yet....

PPOO,

Is this correct? You requested a refund from unlockyourgsm? Have you received it?

And you unlock request with gsmlocker.com is in process?

Where in the 5-7 days are you?
    I never paid for an order with unlockyourgsm.com...

I just know Brian, the guy who runs it...

He has not been able to perfect Treo 600 unlocking yet....

Gsmlocker.com opn the other hand...

I have spoken with them a LOT and they say they have the technical knowledge to do this but have run into possible legal problems with handspring...They are working on the legal problems now...right now the 5 to 7 days is a farce...I am at the 7 day mark now....I believe the "legal issue" may just be another stall tactic....just watching and waiting right now....at least until the TMo Treo is released...

I'm over the 7 day mark with gsmlocker.com (ordered on the 18th). I sent my final email demanding a refund agains my credit card to which they have not replied.

If they were having legal issues they would have removed the Treo unlocking link/page/advertisement, which they have not done. They're just stalling for time. I don't wish to wait, as my guess is all the unlock sites will figure it out around the same time and gsmunlocker.com's price is way to steep in comparison. If they had figured it out already then I don't mind paying extra.
    Can you activate AT&T service using a T-Mobile SIM card?
    Has anyone try it?

When I first got my T600, I contacted AT&T and gave them the IMEI# and the SIM card # (AT&T). What if I have gave them the SIM card # off my T-Mobile SIM card?
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    ive got my unlock code! from T-mo! Called them last night, gave them my info. Just got an email from them with my unlock code and instructions. Now for the bad news...i'm in ATL and my new 600 is at home in TPA!! So, as soon as I get home on sunday morning & try it i'll post my results. Could I have a few positive thoughts here? And...am I the only one that's tried this approach?
    Originally posted by randyg
    ive got my unlock code! from T-mo! Called them last night, gave them my info. Just got an email from them with my unlock code and instructions. Now for the bad news...i'm in ATL and my new 600 is at home in TPA!! So, as soon as I get home on sunday morning & try it i'll post my results. Could I have a few positive thoughts here? And...am I the only one that's tried this approach?
    Does your email look like this
    T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request
    Sim Unlock Reference: 012XXXX
    IMEI: 010215000XXXXXX
    Unlock Code: 01500XXX

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Below you will see the Instructions for unlocking your Handspring device.

NOTE: If you receive an error message while performing the instructions below, stop. Please be aware that if an excessive amount of incorrect attempts are made, the phone will be permanently locked. Verify the IMEI by pressing *#06# and submit a new request.

1. Insert the foreign SIM card and the device should display "SIM Card Not Allowed"
    2. Enter *#*#
    3. Enter the unlock code
    4. Enter #
    5. Tap the phone icon on the bottom right of the tough screen that is used to "SEND" a call 6. If successful, the phone should display an "Unlocked" message

NOTE: If the step above do not work you can also try inserting the foreign SIM card and the device may display instructions for entering the unlock code.

Thank You,

Sim Unlock Department
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.
    If so, I hope you have better luck then I. It didn't work for me.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    and you used your T-mo SIM and NOT the AT&T SIM right?
    Yeah, tried a cingular and t-mo SIM with no luck. However, the SIM shouldn't matter anyway. I'm hoping it works for you, so I can try again. My unlock code was dated 12/17.
    Thank you for ordering our service.

We are working on your phone model. Please bare us the time till we
    process
    the code. The delay is due to the festive season and we are working
    steadily
    on it.

Please bare with us till next this Wednesday.

Your Truly,

Kumaar
    Customer Care Executive
    Moftware Help Desk
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    this smacks of bs! and from the names and bad english it also sounds like some sort of scam.
    I would definitely Agree Randy....

It is just that I have done quite a bit of research on the company in qwuestion, "Moftware LLC." and they are reputable and carry quite a solid reputation in the WAP and Wireless phone technology application development industry.

Any search on google will turn up some of these results...

That is the ONLY thing that has kept me from jumping to the "scam" conclusion thus far...

Though all of that may be true they have OBVIOUSLY bungled this whole Treo 600 thing, Respectable, reputable or otherwise....

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    well, im keeping my digits crossed for you. ill also post my results tomorrow with my unlock code from t-mo.
    Hoping for you too....

Just for the record....

This is the reply I got to my unlock request to T-Mobile:

T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request
    Sim Unlock Reference: 0137556
    IMEI: 010215XXXXXXXXX

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We have received your SIM Unlock Request. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time because we are unable to provide unlock codes for AT&T phones. Please refer your unlock requests for this equipment directly to AT&T.

Thank You,

Sim Unlock Department
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.

I am sitting here with a Treo 600 and cannot use it because I cannot unlock it. Someone needs to get off their **** and get these things unlocked. "I want some butts and I want 'em now!"
    Originally posted by northreal
    I am sitting here with a Treo 600 and cannot use it because I cannot unlock it. Someone needs to get off their **** and get these things unlocked. "I want some butts and I want 'em now!"
    You know you can get a data only plan on a month to month basis with ATT. Thats what I did until I can get it unlocked and go with TMobile. Sure cant use the phone, but I am still having fun with it.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast