Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Texbambam
    I just called Cingular to order my Treo 600 and they said that they sent all of them back to the whse yesterday. Something about customers complaints. I think it was that they are unlocked and just found out they left the door open...look out.

Ummmm....OK....thats why Handspring has been telling everybody that the Cing version is unlocked and you can use it with any carrier?
    gsmlocker.com seems to be back up again.

I got an email asking I ring to confirm my order, which I did this morning (NZ time). They never mentioned any issues with the Treo 600 unlock (and also confirmed it was for a treo 600).
    The site is back up....

I called and spoke with one of their "engineers"
    He told me we Treo 600 owners would have our unlock codes "hopefully" by Midnight tonight Eastern time...

If not then, he is comitted to getting us those codes by Monday....

I know, that part kinda sux....but stay with me....

I metioned to him our doubts that some unlocking providers have had big issues with unlocking these phones...

He said, "Don't worry, we got the software from Handspring to generate these unlock codes and we KNOW we are the only game in town which is precisely why it cost you $99 instead of 30 or 40. Have no fear, we CAN unlock the Treo 600 from AT&T."

That is VERY comforting to hear....hope it turns out to be true....

Man I sound pathetic....

All over a little phone......hehehe

Sad
    First time poster to this forum. I decided to take a chance and subscribed to the unlocking procedure at gsmlocker.com. Hopefully, it will be okay.
    Join the club....

Yer in good company....

hehehe
    I'm not sure how much you guys spent on obtaining your respective Treo but since mine was procured for a relatively inexpensive price, I figured forking over $100 wouldn't set me back that much. Besides I'm curious to try out Tmobile's service, not so much the voice side but the data side. Here's to the unlocking saga.
    Originally posted by ppoo
    The site is back up....

I called and spoke with one of their "engineers"
    He told me we Treo 600 owners would have our unlock codes "hopefully" by Midnight tonight Eastern time...

If not then, he is comitted to getting us those codes by Monday....

I know, that part kinda sux....but stay with me....

I metioned to him our doubts that some unlocking providers have had big issues with unlocking these phones...

He said, "Don't worry, we got the software from Handspring to generate these unlock codes and we KNOW we are the only game in town which is precisely why it cost you $99 instead of 30 or 40. Have no fear, we CAN unlock the Treo 600 from AT&T."

That is VERY comforting to hear....hope it turns out to be true....

That sounds good, i just hope putting in the wrong code 3x didnt activate some kind of hard lock.
    Ive spoken with a tech at handspring who said there is no such "Hard Lock" on this device....

It sounds like an out for the unlocking company in case their code wont work....

Thhe bottom line is Mr. Handspring Technician said you CANNOT "Hardlock" a Handspring device.
    Thank you for ordering our service.

We are procesing the unlock code for your phone. Please give us more
    time to
    process the phone. We taking time to find the correct unlock code for
    you
    phone. Please bare us the time.

Your Truly,
    Have a pleasant day.
    That is an example of a REALLY bad attempt at english....

"Proud to be a US Company"....heheheh....

Yeah...OK...

"DOS addresses only 1 Megabyte of RAM because we cannot imagine any applications needing more." --Microsoft, 1980, on the development of DOS.

Short sited-ness is a funny thing....
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    i'm losing the faith here! this just sounds like another dead end. do you think this process is really that difficult, or are they promising something before they know they can deliver it??
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Dunno Randy....

I believe on these phones as they are so new it IS actually a very difficult process....

Still....I will reserve my judgement until Monday at Midnight....

then I will consider the deal broken.....

I have nothing to lose at this point...

I just want to make a damn phone call on this contraption....hehehe
    "DOS addresses only 1 Megabyte of RAM because we cannot imagine any applications needing more." --Microsoft, 1980, on the development of DOS.

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    any new news here??
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Didnt expect to hear anything from 'em till tommorrow....

Its beginning to sound to me like previous treos have used an unlock system from a cell manufacturer like Nokia and used somethng like DCT4 unlockers (see here http://www.unlockme.co.uk/unlockme.html). The new Treos have a proprietery system - or a new one. Who is behind the cell technology in the 600?
    Seems price has changed a bit (now $149.99) for the treo600 unlocking service from http://www.gsmlocker.com/treo600unlock.asp .

Anyone received a code from them yet?
    No code yet...

They must know they have SOMETHIN if they are runnin the price up like that though....

I have high hopes for getting a code today fellas...

HIGH hopes....

Originally posted by ppoo
    No code yet...

They must know they have SOMETHIN if they are runnin the price up like that though....

I have high hopes for getting a code today fellas...

HIGH hopes....

Yes, most likely.

Or maybe they are trying to cash in or cancelled orders etc, since they have a no refund policy (?).

From their terms and conditions:
    "There shall be a standard $5.00 deduction (towards banking expenses) on all order cancellations, other than Siemens. Siemens order cancellations shall be made after deduction of $10.00.

No claims will be accepted in case incorrect data is provided to us. Please check and retain before sending data to us.This is the 100% safe method for unlocking phones. No Refunds on purchases."
    I called them...

They said the price had increased because they realized they are the EXCULSIVE service provider for this and because they have to unlock voice AND data side??

That is why he said the price went up to 149.00.

He also said that those of us who purchased codes on THURSDAY for 99.00 will get both unlocked for that price and should have our codes by noon Eastern time.....

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast