Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I have found 2 possible unlock sources outside of unlockyourgsm.com

1. I noticed in howardforums.com someone claimed that www.cellunlocker.com successfully unlocked their ATT cellphone. Here is the post-
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=205532
    its about mid-page from keefe007
    I've had no response to email or voice to cellunlocker.com for 2-3 days now.

2. This website claims to be able to unlock the 600. http://www.gsmlocker.com/treo600unlock.asp
    I have no idea whether they can or not, its $99 for the service so frankly I don't want to go first. I'm frustrated already so dealing with them unsuccessfully would not be good.

I should add that I've personally gotten ATT to unlock a phone before. My wife and I were travelling in Europe in September and they quite reasonably sent us the unlock code for her nokia 3650. Now when I call ATT they claim that unlocking is impossible/illegal/neverhappens etc.
    Last edited by d3v8; 12/18/2003 at 06:45 PM.
    OK gents two things:

First re: the 3 times and its ok: I've come to the conclusion that this a security thing to prevent brute force attempts to unlock the 600. Because the phone disables the radio after the 3rd attempt (until the SIM is removed or the phone reset) I think this procedure is NOT fake, just the unlock codes are not good.

Second, I've just submitted an order to gsmlocker.com - hopefully I'll be able to let you all know within 24 hours if its good or not
    Last edited by vulcan; 12/18/2003 at 07:47 PM.
    Originally posted by d3v8

1. I noticed in howardforums.com someone claimed that www.cellunlocker.com successfully unlocked their ATT cellphone. Here is the post-
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=205532
    its about mid-page from keefe007
    I've had no response to email or voice to cellunlocker.com for 2-3 days now.

2. This website claims to be able to unlock the 600. http://www.gsmlocker.com/treo600unlock.asp
    I have no idea whether they can or not, its $99 for the service so frankly I don't want to go first. I'm frustrated already so dealing with them unsuccessfully would not be good.

I should add that I've personally gotten ATT to unlock a phone before. My wife and I were travelling in Europe in September and they quite reasonably sent us the unlock code for her nokia 3650. Now when I call ATT they claim that unlocking is impossible/illegal/neverhappens etc.

it turns out keefe guy is the same fellow who owns celleunlocker.com and was spamming with those successful unlocking statements....

I am trying the gsmlocker.com site right now....

Ill let you guys know if it is successful......
    Originally posted by d3v8

Ok, against my better judgement, i guess i will be the guinea pig. i just placed an order with them. I'll let you know if/when i get results.
    LOL 3 guinea pigs so far!

We are a desperate bunch of technodweebs aren't we
    LOL....that we are Vulc.....that we are......

A Pitiful, desperate bunch of nerds.....
    Originally posted by mrfred8

Ok, against my better judgement, i guess i will be the guinea pig. i just placed an order with them. I'll let you know if/when i get results.
    They just had me call in to confirm my order. The guy said he was sending the request off to Germany and I should have my code by tonight.
    Ditto
    My fingers are crossed!

If these guys get it done they ought to make some bank over the weekend...

If you get a succesful response from them be sure to tell them to stick around over the weekend as there are lots of us that will jump at a successful solution!

uhoh, I better get myself under control, I'm getting hopeful and that will never do!
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    jeesh, the suspense is killing me!!!!! but not as bad as waiting for my Treo to get here.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    great, now the website www.gsmlocker.com is down. hope they didnt take our money and run
    I just spoke with somebody at gsmlocker.com

He said the "Christmas traffic" of people on their web site was just too much for their server today and it has "completely crashed".

He also says their "engineers are working very hard" to get this fixed....

I gotta tell ya guys, Im not holding out much hope for this....

They can't even keep a simple web server up....we want them to unlock our 600's?

Sigh..... I guess Im a little jaded....

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    i'm gonna hold a little candle light vigil until you guys get your unlock codes!! good news for you hopefully means good news for me when my 600 gets here.
    If I were to go GSM, I'd do it right.
    I love Sony products...use them all over my house and Studio....

That being said....what is so great about that besides the obviously superior camera?

I have no need for Bluetooth...I think the Symbian OS sux royally....

I am a network engineer and have done a lot of beta on Symbian based software products....It is just to proprietary....

I am working towards interoperability....not a segmented market...

Last of all I am TIRED of numeric pads....I want a QWERTY keyboard...
    Thank you for writing to www.GSMLOCKER.com CustomerCare.

We are sorry to tell you that we do not support your phone model provided by you. Your request will be added in our Request list and we would contact you in near future for unlocking your phone.

Your Truly,
    Have a pleasant day.

Kumaar
    Customer Support Executive
    Moftware HelpDesk
    www.moftware.com
    www.gsmlocker.com
    www.fommy.com
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Ksilebo
    If I were to go GSM, I'd do it right.
    Thanks, that post really added a lot to this thread! Stay on topic or stay off!
    Originally posted by randyg

Thanks, that post really added a lot to this thread! Stay on topic or stay off!
    Because your previous posts added tons of content too?

jeesh, the suspense is killing me!!!!! but not as bad as waiting for my Treo to get here.
    i'm gonna hold a little candle light vigil until you guys get your unlock codes!! good news for you hopefully means good news for me when my 600 gets here.
    I was just dropping a random thing related slightly to that of GSM and locked/unlocked phones. No harm intended.
    I just called Cingular to order my Treo 600 and they said that they sent all of them back to the whse yesterday. Something about customers complaints. I think it was that they are unlocked and just found out they left the door open...look out.
    Last edited by Texbambam; 12/19/2003 at 03:45 PM.
    Originally posted by tinomen
    Thank you for writing to www.GSMLOCKER.com CustomerCare.

We are sorry to tell you that we do not support your phone model provided by you. Your request will be added in our Request list and we would contact you in near future for unlocking your phone.

Your Truly,
    Have a pleasant day.

Kumaar
    Customer Support Executive
    Moftware HelpDesk
    www.moftware.com
    www.gsmlocker.com
    www.fommy.com

why did they have a link up there saying Treo 600 Unlocking on Thursday?

Did you get that email response after clicking on their Treo 600 Unlocking link and filling out an order and paying for it?

Just curious if we should expect the same response.....
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast