Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Sanjay
    Has anyone successfully used another companies SIM on the "Unlocked AT&T Treo 600"? I mean not just unlocked the phone but actually also used it successfully with a different sim.I really need to knwo because I am ordering the phone from Handspring for it to be brought to India and used here and I am doing this solely based on the expectation that I will be able to buy an unlocking code from this company.
    I would like to know this too. There are a couple of reviews
    on the unlockyourgsm website that says the "unlock message"
    appeared but it would not work with a tmobile sim.

TIA !
    Originally posted by lanb
    There are a couple of reviews on the unlockyourgsm website that says the "unlock message" appeared but it would not work with a tmobile sim.TIA !
    This sounds bad, could you provide some links pls?
    Go to their website and click on the treo 600 ordering page.

At the bottom there are reviews that speak of this issue.

Here is a direct link

Review link
    Dear XXXXX,

This e-mail is in regards to you recent purchase of the TREO 600 Remote IMEI unlock service. As you have read, this unlock service is an item that we utilize from Handspring directly; and some problems have arisen with the actual unlock of many Treo 600 Units.

Until the problem can be resolved, we will be refunding any monies you paid by Credit Card or by Paypal.com. We anticipate this problem to be resolved quickly, however, keep in mind that this situation was not caused intentionally. We rely on valid information from our vendors, and sometimes problems like this arise.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at sales@unlockyourgsm.com.

Thank you,

Brian
    Treo Moblog: http://nudle.textamerica.com
    does anyone know of any other sources for unlocking, since this one seems to be out of commission (hopefully only temporarily) ?
    Originally posted by mrfred8
    does anyone know of any other sources for unlocking
    try here
    Has anybody tried to buy the AT&T Treo 600, unlock it & use it on a Canadian (Rogers) provider?
    Entered Treo 270 serial number into the Handspring upgrade order screen on Nov. 24, charged the $399 to my credit card. Ten days later, my AT&T Treo 600 arrived, activated it same day, and a few hours later, had both phone and data working flawlessly with same AT&T Wireless phone number I've had for 5 years.

Earlier this week, web access on phone saved my ****. Was given wrong address for an appointment, got correct address on phone from customer, used MapQuest on Treo 600 to display location, thus arrived for the appointment on time!

Just bought a Sandisk 512 MB SD card for some MP3s with pTunes. Now, I ride the LifeCycle at the gym while listening to music on Treo600 and reading/writing/replying email on Treo600 at same time! I LOVE MULTI-TASKING!!!

My Scott eVest garment arrives next week, but now that I've consolidated phone, PDA, MP3, calculator, and email devices, what am I going to do with all those pockets????

Originally posted by Sanjay

I don't have a plan with any US company and I have had no problem in ordering two Treo600s (one each of Cingular and ATT) under the upgrade plan.
    All you have to do is simply select that you already have service from ATT and place your order, this way they won't sign you up for an ATT plan. You should have no problem, I just ordered one not more than a few hours ago.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    i've been reading so much about this that i'm all corn-fused. If i order the AT&T phone today (the last day of the special offer) and pretend like i'm setting up an AT&T account, then when i get the phone i don't even contact AT&T, but pay the price and get the unlock code, then stick my T-Mo SIM in, it should work right? I'm not really signing up for a plan with AT&T at that time, but more going through the motions right? Because when you call AT&T to get the phone provisioned, they make you go through all the steps you went through already to pick a plan, right?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    There is no place to get an AT&T Treo 600 unlocked at right now.
    AT&T will NOT do it under ANY circumstances (JERKS) and the 2 comapnies referenced here who say they CAN do it are having problems. So as of right now, avoid the AT&T Treo like the plague.

I just bought one and I am the proud owner of a $700 handspring paperweight.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    First i noticed that as of yesterday the site http://www.unlockyourgsm.com/catalog...products_id=54 says they are back up to speed. So, i just purchased the AT&T flavor from HS and got my extra $100 off. I clicked "use my current phone number", even though i don't have an AT&T account, but a T-Mo account. It never asked me ANY more questions regarding my "existing plan". Just my shipping and billing info. So...when i get the phone i hope to contact the above site and get the unlock code and slip in my T-Mo SIM and be happily on my way. I'll update this post as things progress, that is if anyone cares. I just decided to take the plunge. I called T-Mo today and told them i'm taking my number to AT&T, and they asked "how can we keep you"?? So i told them why i'm leaving (which i'm not) and she checked with their "data people" and they had no idea when the 600 would be released so she gave me the info i'd need to switch. So, if none of this works then i'll just actually switch weather i can take my number with me or not. I'm just plain tired of being the only one left without a 600!!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    No, unfortunately ,they haven't been able to unlock treo600 from AT&T and refunded the money for the order for me and many others (see the revew on their website) I'll post here if I get any more info
    Currently no site can unlock the Treo 600, which may or may not be related to the new IMEI series number it uses.

If you look carefully, the unlockyourgsm site says it will resume 26 Dec 03.

Also, none of the places are responding to email or phone. If anyone has a different experience, please post.
    I have been speaking a lot with Brian...
    The owner of Unlockyourgsm.com and he tells me he is working feverishly on geting this issue resolved.

As soon as I have some updated info from him I will post it here...

Anybody else that hears anything about getting these puppies unlocked let everyone else know...

As of now I HATE AT&T and wouldnt buy service from them if they gave me a free YEAR!!

This is VERY poor customer relations work, and to think I was planning on converting to them in May of 2004,
    Color me VERY disappointed.

Anyway, here I sit with my $700 paperweight till somebody smarter than me can unlock it....

Originally posted by ppoo
    There is no place to get an AT&T Treo 600 unlocked at right now.
    AT&T will NOT do it under ANY circumstances (JERKS) and the 2 comapnies referenced here who say they CAN do it are having problems. So as of right now, avoid the AT&T Treo like the plague.

I just bought one and I am the proud owner of a $700 handspring paperweight.
    Paperweight? Hardly. It should still work on AT&T. Just because you don't want AT&T service doesn't mean it's useless, does it?

Caveat emptor.
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
    I have been speaking a lot with Brian...
    The owner of Unlockyourgsm.com and he tells me he is working feverishly on geting this issue resolved.

As soon as I have some updated info from him I will post it here...

Anybody else that hears anything about getting these puppies unlocked let everyone else know...

As of now I HATE AT&T and wouldnt buy service from them if they gave me a free YEAR!!

This is VERY poor customer relations work, and to think I was planning on converting to them in May of 2004,
    Color me VERY disappointed.

Anyway, here I sit with my $700 paperweight till somebody smarter than me can unlock it....

I purchased an ATT Treo 600 as well and am in the same boat. FYI, however, ATT will allow you to buy a data only plan on a month to month basis, yeah their data prices are high, but I went ahead and got a 20mb plan just so I could start playing with it. As soon as I get it unlocked I can just drop it at anytime.
    Originally posted by dnheller

Paperweight? Hardly. It should still work on AT&T. Just because you don't want AT&T service doesn't mean it's useless, does it?

Caveat emptor.
    Yes it does make it a paperweight heller...

Their service pricing is OUTRAGEOUS compared to TMo and we can see how good their cust svc is...I spent 3 1/2 hrs on the phone to get NOTHING from them today....3 Hrs of that on hold BTW...

I bought this phone FULL RETAIL PRICE from Handspring to use it on TMo because I saw people saying they could be unlocked...

I was planning on changing my service to ATT in May until I saw this Apathetic response from them regarding my dillema...

It just reeks of poor customer care....thats all....

Their service pricing is OUTRAGEOUS compared to TMo and we can see how good their cust svc is...I spent 3 1/2 hrs on the phone to get NOTHING from them today....3 Hrs of that on hold BTW...

I bought this phone FULL RETAIL PRICE from Handspring to use it on TMo because I saw people saying they could be unlocked...

I was planning on changing my service to ATT in May until I saw this Apathetic response from them regarding my dillema...

Yes, their data service pricing is high. But one can determine that before purchase, right? You "saw people saying they could be unlocked"??? As Ronald Reagan said of the Soviets: "Trust, but verify".

Oh well, you can sell it on ebay to recoup some of the cost of your paperweight. You can get $398 for it until midnight tonight, or $458 tomorrow. Or return it if it's still in the return period. Then just wait for T-mobile to release it's Treo 600. Some people are so impatient for the latest, coolest gadget!

On a serious note, I've been a satisfied AT&T wireless customer for over 5 years (hated Bell Atlantic/Verizon service). I paid $399 for my Treo 600, and I will skip the data plans until they are competitive. I saved enough money over the list price to buy a Scott eVest in which to carry my Treo 600.

I even had good service when my voice plan account was confusing to AT&T activation rep (my employer picks up my entire cell phone tab, but won't pay for data), and an AT&T service rep named Tammy called me back 3 times (without prompting) to let me know the status of my account billing situation and transfer of number from old TDMA phone to GSM Treo 600. It took all of 3 hours from receipt of my Treo to activation and first call.

In my experience, AT&T Wireless customer service is excellent. Sorry to hear you had such a hard time.
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!

If you think AT&T is bad, I dare you to switch to Sprint! You don't know the meaning of "bad" until you've dealt with the imbeciles at Sprint.

According to a supervisor at the AT&T GSM department dealing with corporate accounts I spoke with earlier today, AT&T now has unlimited data available for $19.99. I can't find their number, but I posted it in another thread today. My (still Vision-less) Sprint will be going back to Amazon.com tomorrow unless Vision is activated tonight.

It's starting to sound like the best way to go is to buy an unlocked Treo 600 from Handspring or Cingular and use it on T-Mobile or AT&T. That's assuming T-Mobile doesn't bring out an unlocked Treo 600 offer starting December 16...

I'll be going back to using a 4 year old Palm and a 3 year old cell phone for the next few weeks until this nonsense gets settled. It's amazing that the carriers and Handspring could manage to botch yet another rollout and **** off the early adopters - the very people that are the most influential in gaining acceptance for these phones. If Sony announced a PalmOS smartphone tomorrow, I'd probably never take a second look at Handspring again. I'll bet a lot of other people that used to be Handspring boosters feel the same way.
    Originally posted by leonidm
    I placed an order last night and this morning I got an email with instructions and 4-digit code. the instructions said to try the code few times untill it says lock removed. I turned wireless mode on and entered the code and it "SIM lock successfully removed
    Leo,

Do you know if the unlocking will survive a hard reset or if you have to enter the unlock code again afterwards? ( Same question but with a ROM/firmware update would be interesting to get an answer to.)

Maybe you could do a quick test and find out? ( Backup, do a hard reset, see if phone still is unlocked, hotsync to restore your data.)

Thanks!
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast