Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    I got a reply, they're refunding my money.

Which indicates (to me) they haven't got the software working, nor the IMEI unlocks, nor have they even gotten close to shipping the cables.
    Here's the latest BS I got from gsmlocker.com: Thank you for ordering our service.

Please do not try using any other datacable. We are sending specifically
    datacables for Treo unlocking. Please wait for our cable to reach you. We
    shall provide the tracking number the moment we have it.

Thank you for your patience.

I just wrote them a message requesting an immediate refund or other actions will be taken. I'm done with this deception and hassle.
    They can't perform & it was false advertising. Other sites / threads had people post that "they unlocked their phone". Yeah, right.

Best bet -

State to Credit Card company that "goods not received".

Once they get 100 chargebacks, their provider will cancel their ability to accept credit card payments because of the high risk.

Also, they will STILL be charged the 2% plus other penalties.

Time to teach them a lesson. Hit them in the pocketbook, and they will be more open / honest than "....we are the exclusive..." bull$hit.

THEN.....send in to the FTC about their practises.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Now I am really hopeless! No working solution to unlock!

So here is an idea ( to the programmers among us )

All we need is a simple prc that would start automatically after every soft reset and then

1) Turn on the wireless mode of the TREO 600
    2) Check the appearing dialog box's title bar ( SIM CARD NOT ALLOWED if phone is locked)
    3) if 2 is the case send the key sequence *#*#00000000# and then DIAL
    4) wait 5 sec and reset the phone
    5) restart from 1 ( step 3 will be then the next integer ) and so on

It is the brute force method but it might work since I guess that there is no limit of unseccesfull attempts.

It might sound pathetic but if someone can really program a little prc like that it is worth the try.

Drmed
    I suspect that is what the gsmlocker.com people were going or trying to do. Put the Treo in debug mode and brute force it. Might take a few days, but hey, we don't really have a choice do we
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I got hold of the so called live support of gsmlocker.com. Why can't I still stop thinking that they don't have a solution but don't hesitate taking people's money. Oh, btw she or he ( I doubt that it is really a SANDY anyhow ), more or less hung up on me ( ended the session ) when I asked any specific questions about the unlocking procedure. I don't think that anyone is going to risk 149$ before it is confirmed that the unlock is working.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Treo 600 unlock"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ** You are now speaking with Sandy, Sales. **
    Sandy : hello
    Sandy : how can i help you?
    drmed : Hi! I've read on some forums some bad reviews about the treo 600 unlock. Do you have a working solution?
    Sandy : yeah
    Sandy : wat is your tracking no
    drmed : I didn't order yet. I was just making sure that I will get the cable.
    Sandy : yeah we will send the datacable and a software link upon order confirmation
    drmed : well, people were complaining that their cables never arrived and you never supplied them with a tracking number for the apckage. If I order now are you going to give me a tracking number for UPS? How long will it take to ship the cable from your warehouse?
    Sandy : where is your base?
    drmed : Well, I am in ********, LA.
    Sandy : it'll take 5 to 7 days after order confirmation
    Sandy : you'll be informed about UPS number via email
    drmed : But how come that all the people who have ordered never received a cable nor a tracking number yet? Nobody could confirm that your solution works. All you hear is people requesting their money back.
    Sandy : there was delay of shippment of dacable but now its all improved
    Sandy : we are the only unlock code provider for treo 600 at present
    Sandy : there is delay due to overwhelming response for treo orders
    drmed : But as I said nobody confirmed that the solution worked. All I hear is FTC complaints, credit card company complaints. I want to be sure that it works ( and that I get a cable really in 5-7 days ) before I invest 149$.
    Sandy : we give a 100% guarantee for orders placed with us
    Sandy : just fill the correct information while placing an order
    drmed : Oh, well I don't think that I will make a mistake while typing in my address. But your company should better deliver some cables to people who are waiting. Before you receive some good reviews online, I don't think anyone will risk 149$.
    Sandy : We will try our best
    drmed : One last question, once I get the cable and hook my treo up to the system will it instantly unlock the phone or do I have to leave the phone attached for a longer period ( while the program tries different codes etc)?
    Sandy : you can place your order wiht us if you think we can unlock your phone
    Sandy : you'll be informed all upon order confirmation
    Sandy : have a nice day
    Sandy : bye
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Has anyone been checking gsmlocker's web site?

Here is what they have changed the Treo 600 unlocking page to: ( check out what the "PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN COMPANY" wrote, especially the last sentence )

NOTE: Due to the overwhelming volume of orders and delay of 2 weeks in arrival of Special Schematic Cable from suppliers, the Treo 600 Unlock Service is available through advance booking only.
    Please book your order in advance, only at a price of $9.99. We shall inform you when to process the balance payment. The order will be processed on first-***-first-serve basis.
    Originally posted by drmed
    Has anyone been checking gsmlocker's web site?

Here is what they have changed the Treo 600 unlocking page to: ( check out what the "PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN COMPANY" wrote, especially the last sentence )

NOTE: Due to the overwhelming volume of orders and delay of 2 weeks in arrival of Special Schematic Cable from suppliers, the Treo 600 Unlock Service is available through advance booking only.
    Please book your order in advance, only at a price of $9.99. We shall inform you when to process the balance payment. The order will be processed on first-***-first-serve basis.
    LOL!! OMG, who are these people!? They are too funny (unless you have ordered from them, then they are just too sad I guess).

Seems like they will never be able to unlock, but I am sure they will keep the "advance booking only" fee of $9.95 no matter what...
    Last edited by touchdown; 01/13/2004 at 05:48 AM.
    [edited] posted twice.
    This is what I received today.

Thank you for ordering our service.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. There was a mix up in the shipment of cables and henceforth we have stopped the dispatch.

We shall be glad to process a refund, but also note - the only unlock code providers for Treo phone worldwide - is GSMLOCKER.COM.

We are using Special Schematic Cables for Treo unlocking. We shall be shipping the same to all our Treo customers. Yet, if you are keen on a refund, we shall gladly process it.

Have a pleasant day.

Yours Truly,
    Kumaar
    mail: help@moftware.com
    Customer Support Executive
    Moftware Help Desk
    Moftware,LLC
    CONFIDENTIAL & PROPRIETARY
    Use pursuant to Company instructions 2003
    www.gsmlocker.com
    www.fommy.com

My thoughts about the whole American Company.......They may be an American Company, but based on the names of the employees, their grammer, spell and such......I hardly believe they are Americans.

I say.....to hell with gsmlocker.com.
    Originally posted by touchdown

LOL!! OMG, who are these people!? They are too funny (unless you have ordered from them, then they are just too sad I guess).

Seems like they will never be able to unlock, but I am sure they will keep the "advance booking only" fee of $9.95 no matter what...
    only they can do this, you just wait and watch. i don't know them but it seems, soon you'll get answers of your doubts. cause only they can unlock treo phones.........and pls don't say i am their guy believe it or not
    I ordered before xmas. Finally was told last week they would process a refund, and still am waiting for it. I have heard no one say they got a successful unlock from these guys. Please review info in these forums about this company before doing business with them. They will probably just be stealing the firmware upgrade unlock posted in this forum and reselling it anyway.
    I'm trying to unlock my AT&T Treo 600. Any one with codes and directions? I need to go out of country in a couple of days.

Thanks a lot! :thumbsup
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112