Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    got an invoice showing that my cable has been shipped (but no tracking number ) along with link for software and instructions.

1. After extraction, run the GSMLOCKER SMARTPHONE.EXE.

2. Put your phone in "Debug Mode" (debug mode, hold down the scroll-down button, while doing a reset. Continue holding down the scroll-down button for about five seconds).

3. Hook it up to the PC using the serial cable, on any serial port up to COM8.

4. Use the program. It's pretty self-explanatory.

Does anyone know how to put the Treo600 in debug mode, thier instructions dont seem to work?
    Originally posted by mrfred8
    Does anyone know how to put the Treo600 in debug mode, thier instructions dont seem to work?
    The debug reset is rather acurately described in their message:

presse the 5-way pad in the down direction (and keep it pressed), push the reset pin in the reset hole, release the reset pin, and wait a few seconds before releasing the down button. This should let you enter the debug mode on the Treo (which appears like a blank screen unless you've got a debugger or another such program connected to your Treo).

Hope this helps...
    Originally posted by euroclie

The debug reset is rather acurately described in their message:

presse the 5-way pad in the down direction (and keep it pressed), push the reset pin in the reset hole, release the reset pin, and wait a few seconds before releasing the down button. This should let you enter the debug mode on the Treo (which appears like a blank screen unless you've got a debugger or another such program connected to your Treo).

Hope this helps...
    Thanks, that answered my question. I do get the blank screen. I will let everyone know how this goes once I get my cable.
    Originally posted by euroclie
    This should let you enter the debug mode on the Treo (which appears like a blank screen unless you've got a debugger or another such program connected to your Treo)
    I should have added that if you connect your Treo to your PC, for instance, and run the Palm debugger on your PC to communicate with the Small ROM debugger on the Treo, the display will take place on the PC, not the Treo, which screen will remain blank (while in the debugger, as far as I know, the PDA screen isn't used). So don't worry if your Treo screen remains blank during the unlocking process, it will not necessarily indicate a problem... as long as their program work, of course, and that you get normal messages along the process!
    I suspect the cable is just a standard Treo serial cable. I'd go out and buy one today but none of the shops in NZ have any
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I was just wondering whether you really need an unlocking code from them or not? Do you have to enter a code into the program or does the program calculate you one?
    Hi,

Have anyone get the data cable from GSMLOCKER?
    Can I use the USB cable to unlock my Treo600???

Thanks
    OK I got my hands on a serial data cable, and tried the software. It said scanning ports and then never picked up anything.

Can anyone verify the serial port settings for the palm debug mode? It seems to be 57600, but I can't tell if its 8n1 or 7e1 etc. Anything I try gets mixed character responses (mixed readable text and garbage in debugger mode). I'm wondering if I have a faulty serial cable? I also tried testing it tethered mode which had the same problems.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Did anybody receive a cable from gsmlocker.com and successfully unlocked his/her treo 600?
    Originally posted by drmed
    Did anybody receive a cable from gsmlocker.com and successfully unlocked his/her treo 600?
    Better yet, has anyone actually even gotten a tracking number and proof that their cable was shipped? I know I have not.
    OK I managed to get my serial cable working in Tethered mode. Which means its work fine. Which also means their software is more BS - I believe they are using it as another stall tactic.

They emailed me back saying use their cable only, but I can't see how it'd be any different.

The software also appears to run like the program XDA Manipulator.

I think those scum are sending us a Smartphone unlocker (Microsoft) in the hope we don't cotton on to quickly.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    So what does the program they sent you exactly do? Does it read anything from the phone and calculate a code? What kind of result did you get when you ran the program with your cable?
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    What are the serial port parameters that worked for you ?
    how you managed to make the serial cable to work in the test mode ? Hyperterminal ?
    thanx
    I ran the serial port at 115kbps, 8N1 for tethered mode. I got a little confused with debug mode, I thought you could access the debugger through terminal mode, well you can see some of it, but you need the actual debug software to talk to it.

To get into tethered mode on a GSM Treo plug it into your serial port, start up a program like Hyperterminal, connect at 115k, on the Treo 600 dial #*TETHERED (#*83843733), you'll see a little prompt saying you're in tethered mode. To exit this you need to reset your Treo by the way.

From there you can talk to the modem in treo via AT commands.

If you want to see the debugger, connect at 58600, 7E1, reset the Treo 600 and hold the DOWN arrow on the pad. You'll get some garbage text in your terminal program but you can clearly see stuff in there like Palm OS Debug. You actually need a proper debug client to talk to the unit (like Codewarrior).

The program they sent me appeared to do NOTHING. It sat there saying it was scanning serial ports for a device in boot/debug mode. When I had a look at their software with a hex editor I can quite clearly see stuff designed for a Microsoft Smartphone, and bits and piece relating to Treo 600 as well.

The other problem is that the software logs you into an SQL server they run and records when your login has been used so you only get ONE chance. If it fails then thats it, the program will not run again (checks the user id/password with the SQL server).

I have emailed them saying I tried it and it did nothing, they replied saying I need to use their cable. But as far as I know all they use is a standard serial cable. Has anyone in the US received there cables yet?

BTW, if anyones here is good with running SQL servers (wink wink)...
    Still waiting for the cable. I emailed them this morning about the cable and haven't received a response. I don't see how their cable would make a difference. I doubt this process will work since others have been able to unlock their phones with a code and not a cable. Unless ATT phones are locked a different way. If I ever see the cable, I'll give a spin and report back asap.
    I just got off the phone with them. They are so screwed up. They have not sent cables yet. From talking to the guy, it seems like they are still working on remote IMEI based unlock. Cable seems like a total stall. He is supposed to call me back in 30 mins. I said if the software they gave me works, then give me the cable. He muttered something about how it will take his company too much time. It made no sense, he was basically saying they dont have the time to deal with the support issues after they send the cables out. And he came pretty close to admitting that the software doesnt work.
    Time to
    1) get a firm handle on your legal rights, PardNah:
    "Guide to the FTC's Mail/Fax/Internet/Telephone Order Rule", written in plain English. HTML format at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/.../mailorder.htm

2) OnLine complaint form: http://www.ftc.gov/ >> scroll to page bottom >> select "File a Complaint"

Tips:
    1) Emotions don't count. Facts do! (The better {& more clamly} you document the who, what, when, where, why of your complaint, the more likely folks on the feds' end will pay attention.)

2) You might want to grab a free text editor first, which includes a character count feature. Reason: the last text box of the complaint form allows a max of only 2000 characters. You'll find it in the Text Editors section of NoNags.com.
    Sounds like they're scamming us, I sent my last threat before I call Amex:

I am writing to advise you I am contacting my credit card company (American Express) to make a fraudulant charge complaint. I have been in contact with other Treo 600 users and have a very clear picture that you are unable to provide a working unlock service and that your communications to me regarding your service have not been truthfull.

Your advertisement initially offered remote unlocking using the Treo 600 IMEI code. You subsequently changed that to a system that required a serial data cable and a piece of software.

My initial order was placed on the 18th of December 2003, I was told the following ETAs:
    - 24 hours
    - 72 hours
    - 1 week
    - 2nd of January 2003 (you specifically stated you would provide a full refund if no unlocking code was provided by this date, which it was not)

Now you are telling me I have to wait for a cable, which you have not shipped. I already have a genuine Handspring Serial Data Cable and tested it with your software to find it did nothing to unlock my Treo and even appeared to be designed for a different phone altogether.

It would appear that your current software does not unlock a Treo 600, which might explain why you have failed to ship the cables.

I would also direct you to this link: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/.../mailorder.htm

You will see you are in direct violation of this rule.

I will make the complaint this time tommorrow, that is I am giving you 24 hours to confirm to me you have processed a full refund to my American Express card. I am not interested in any more excuses or delays.

If I do not receive a refund of US$99.99 I will also be prompted to file a complaint the the FTC website (as I understand several other Treo users are doing).
    If you want your money back, just dispute it with your credit card company!

You state your case, and the card company makes to company prove that they deserve the money.

Seriously, Its real easy. I had to do it once for a airplane ticket. Took me all of 5 min.
    Yeah but I also want to document the complaint AND see if I can get gsmlocker.com to admit how far down the track they really are with unlocking.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast