Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    I just got my locked Treo 600...its so beautiful, but its a papwerweight. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come out with an unlock for this!
    Has anyone actually tried to use the $150 gsmlocker.com unlocking service?
    A transcript of my heated online discussion with a Gsmlocker.com rep tonight....

You guys form your own opinions on this one....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You guys passed another deadline you gave me for my Treo 600 code. I was supposed to have it by 8PM tonight....Been waiting almost 3 weeks now..."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ** You are now speaking with Sandy, Sales. **
    Paul : Cmon Sandy....work with me here....
    Sandy : we are in process of your order, you will get it soon
    Paul : Are you serious? You have been saying that for 2 weeks now........I mean, I will be happy to endorse your product on my forum if I could just GET IT!
    Paul : what does "OON" mean?
    Paul : "soon"
    Paul : you just have to do better than "soon"...Ive been hearing that for a while now...
    Sandy : we have changed the treo order to datacable unlocking
    Paul : ??
    Paul : Which means what?
    Sandy : we are shipping the cable to you and you can unlock it by yourself
    Sandy : We shall provide the software and the instructions for your phone unlocking
    Paul : When will I get the cable? Can you give me the link to the software now? I would like to check this out.....
    Sandy : you cant unlock your phone without the cable we provide
    Sandy : you cant unlock your phone without the cable we provide
    Paul : I understand that but I would still like to look at the software....
    Paul : From your site--- "Pay On-line and receive a Data cable and Software link from us. "
    Sandy : the login and the password is valid once and wait till you receive the software and the datacable
    Sandy : the login and the password is valid once and wait till you receive the software and the datacable
    Paul : I would like to look at the software before I get the cable...
    Paul : What is the tracking number on the cable?
    Sandy : you shall receive it the moment we have it
    Paul : ??
    Paul : recieve what? the link?
    Paul : you guys dont have a link for the software yet?
    Sandy : i meant the tracking number of the cable
    Paul : so it has not been sent yet is what you are saying?
    Sandy : we shall sent you the link for the software with login & password by today
    Paul : hmmm...then I just have to wait for the cable right? any ETA on the cable?
    Paul : hello?
    Sandy : Please wait
    Paul : um-hmm
    Sandy : please wait for the cable, we can unlock your phone
    Sandy : you shall receive the cable by tuesday
    Paul : *sigh*...ok...till tuesday then....have a good night
    "DOS addresses only 1 Megabyte of RAM because we cannot imagine any applications needing more." --Microsoft, 1980, on the development of DOS.

Short sited-ness is a funny thing....
    Tuesday my a$$. Tuesday will come and go and you still will be locked. How difficult can this be.
    I read that exchange between Paul & Sandy (ppoo & GSMlocker) and I couldn't resist.

All your base are belong to us!

RW
    IIRC the Cingular, French and English Treo users unlocked their Treos with imei generated codes only? Now we know the AT&T codes are going to be different, however it seems to me that if other Treo's do not require cable based unlocked neither should the AT&T units.

I think gsmlocker.com just went "scam" on us?

Just flicked em an email, either they provide an immediate unlock code and proof of despatch of the so called "unlock cable" or they refund, no refund by the end of the week I go squeel to my card company.
    Last edited by vulcan; 01/03/2004 at 03:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by ksroadie
    Fed Ex delivered my 600 today. Charged it and went threw the titorial. Quite an empressive little device. To bad a cant make any calls on it. I'm going to Cailfornia next week and it sure would have been nice to take it with me. If someone doesnt come up with a way to unlock this thing soon, I'm just going to have to make the switch over to AT&T. Not so painful now that I can take my Cingular number with me.
    unlockyourgsm.com stated on the website last week that they would beable to unlock our 600's by 12/30/03. I see they've removed that claim.
    One thing to keep in mind when switching to ATT, they are on a backlog basis! I did what you are talking about doing...it took three days for them to get my service activated. The number portability took place almost immediately thereafter.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for ordering our service.

The Treo 600 can now be unlocked remotely by using Datacable, which we have shipped. The cable shall reach you any moment and you can unlock the Treo 600 by yourself. We shall provide the Software along with the Login and Password for your phone unlocking. Please be patient till you receive the datacable.

!! PLEASE DO NOT TRY OUR LOGIN WITHOUT OUR DATACABLE, THE LOGIN IS FOR ONE TIME USE ONLY !!

We shall soon process the Invoice which has the software and the login/password for your phone unlocking.

Yours Truly,

Kumaar

Mail: help@moftware.com

Customer Support Executive

Moftware Help Desk
    Here is an email I received from GSM Locker Customer Care........

Thank your for writing to www.GSMLocker.com Customer Care.

We can unlock Treo 600 from any GSM Network. There was delay due to the overwhelming response of Treo orders and the festive season that passed by. Now we offer good & better service for the Treo orders.

At present, we are the only unlock code provider for Treo 600 worldwide. We want every customers of ours to be satisfied.

Pleae click the link below to place an order :-
    http://www.gsmlocker.com/treo600unlock.asp

You are welcome for any assistance. Have a nice day.

Yours Truly
    Vownn
    Customer Care Executive
    Moftware Helpdesk

----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2004 7:13 AM
    Subject: GSM Locker Feedback form

MESSAGE:-Can you guys really unlock the Treo 600? I've seen comments on some message boards that say you cant. In fact, I
    even read that you are a fraud/scam. Sorry, for I mean no disrespect.

Please let me know if you can help me unlock my Treo 600.

Sincerely,
    Originally posted by ksroadie
    . Now we offer good & better service for the Treo orders.

That must be my problem, when I ordered, they only had regular service. Now I guess you can order "Good" or "Better" service. I would recommend going with the "Better" service.
    Well I broke down and paid GSMLocker the $150. Hopefully I'll get the "better" service.
    If not, they will have to take it up with American Express.
    I am trying out gsmlocker. Call me crazy, but I have to get this thing working now. I'll post my success/failure as soon as I know.
    Please do. I look forward to it
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I was just looking at their site and I came across this:

NOTE: TREO 600 UNLOCKING ARE TAKING LONGER THAN USUAL, DUE TO EXCESSIVE RUSH.
    Please do not order unless you are prepared to wait.

We can unlock your phone. Pay On-line and receive a Data cable and Software link from us. We will dispatch the package the next day of order confirmation. Orders placed on weekends shall take 2-3 days for shipping. Your phone shall be ready to be used on ANY NETWORK.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the cable after ordering?
    Originally posted by drmed
    I was just looking at their site and I came across this:

NOTE: TREO 600 UNLOCKING ARE TAKING LONGER THAN USUAL, DUE TO EXCESSIVE RUSH.
    Please do not order unless you are prepared to wait.

We can unlock your phone. Pay On-line and receive a Data cable and Software link from us. We will dispatch the package the next day of order confirmation. Orders placed on weekends shall take 2-3 days for shipping. Your phone shall be ready to be used on ANY NETWORK.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the cable after ordering?
    I dont think anyone has gotten a cable yet. Ppoo myself and a couple of others in this forum ordered a few weeks ago, and have not gotten anything. Just recently they switched from doing remote unlocks to using the cable.
    I sent another nasty email demanding a refund or immediate supply of the unlock code and a tracking number for the cable.

The reply was "u will have a tracking number soon."

ie, nothing has shipped.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I was just wondering why you would need a cable to unlock the treo if they are going to send you a unlocking code separetly anyhow? I needed a cable to unlock my Ericsson P800 because the program needed some extra information from the phone to calculate the code but since they are supposedly going to send a separete code I couldn't just figure why you would need a cable?

Drmed
    Originally posted by drmed
    I was just wondering why you would need a cable to unlock the treo if they are going to send you a unlocking code separetly anyhow? I needed a cable to unlock my Ericsson P800 because the program needed some extra information from the phone to calculate the code but since they are supposedly going to send a separete code I couldn't just figure why you would need a cable?

Drmed
    I assuming that gsmlocker.com is utilizing a stall tactic.
    Just googled the Groups on gsmlocker and here's an interesting post:

Search Result 1
    From: Sean Murphy - MPx200.org (microsoft.public.smartphone@mpx200.org)
    Subject: Buyer Beware! Free firmware is being sold for big bucks.
    This is the only article in this thread
    View: Original Format
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.smartphone
    Date: 2004-01-03 18:38:18 PST

I normally won't flame someone like this but this one is over the top. It
    does appear that GSMLocker.com (http://www.gsmlocker.com/) has taken the
    generic firmware that AJ has offered on his server for free and are charging
    people $99.99 for it
    (http://www.gsmlocker.com/motorolaMPx...re-upgrade.asp). This is not
    cool.

This is not the first time someone has tried to profit from "our" free
    product. Remember the firmware being sold on ebay
    (http://www.mpx200.org/index.php?name...t=452&highligh
    t=ebay)?

Please do yourself a favor and don't fall for this, and help others to know
    about this on other sites also. I hope that GSM Locker will stop this
    practice and I hope there will not be too many people who fall prey.

This type of behavior just reinforces what a good service
    jhongsunlock@yahoo.ca provides to us.

As our user Javic so smartly said "I just can't stand people who blatantly
    try to take advantage of others who are less informed than they."

See the story here:
    http://www.mpx200.org/modules.php?op...rder=0&thold=0

--
    Sean Murphy
    http://www.mpx200.org
    i was on thier site before the new year. now i get this page is coming soon and one of those nasty domain garages with all the popups etc.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast